Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsInBuffalo View Post
    The piece from the offseason was more than just a hypothetical, but I do see what youíre saying.

Not saying it will happen, but It is much more realistic than some people on here seem to think it is. Theo seems tired of waiting around for Addi, and the orioles need a dance partner.
    While I don't disagree that the Cubs dealing for Machado is in the realm of possibility...exactly what has the front office said or done to make it seem like they're tired of waiting for Russell?
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Marlins at Cubs IGT: Just. ****ing. Win. Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I'd be surprised if Baltimore didn't at least wait until June if not late June to see how the offers stack up
    This. I see him possibly getting dealt either near the deadline or as a deadline day acquisition, not a mid-May acquisition
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 05-08-2018 at 10:55 PM.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Marlins at Cubs IGT: Just. ****ing. Win. Edition

Has anyone else been having trouble with editing posts on here? Autocorrect in general is hopeless when you write the correct word but you get something entirely different but Iíve edited posts on here to fix words and for some reason when I save the changes the word is still what it was originally.

Like the previous post says ďdodsĒ instead of ďdoesĒ and even though Iíve edited the same post 3 times the damn thing wonít change. Might be more infuriating than out of order posts. I guess I will need to take extra care with my posts from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Has anyone else been having trouble with editing posts on here? Autocorrect in general is hopeless when you write the correct word but you get something entirely different but Iíve edited posts on here to fix words and for some reason when I save the changes the word is still what it was originally.

Like the previous post says ďdodsĒ instead of ďdoesĒ and even though Iíve edited the same post 3 times the damn thing wonít change. Might be more infuriating than out of order posts. I guess I will need to take extra care with my posts from now on.
    On my end I havenít had any issues...

#FlyTheW

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    On my end I havenít had any issues...
    Could be the Tapatalk app which I am using exclusively. I might try the web browser out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Could be the Tapatalk app which I am using exclusively. I might try the web browser out tomorrow.
    The latest update is pure trash. I'm constantly having to log out of the forum and log back in to post. Per comments in the play store this is a widespread problem and in my communications with their help staff they've acted oblivious to the issue. It's obnoxious as ****.

The latest update is pure trash. I'm constantly having to log out of the forum and log back in to post. Per comments in the play store this is a widespread problem and in my communications with their help staff they've acted oblivious to the issue. It's obnoxious as ****.
    I am still on whatever update it was when I downloaded the app at least 12 months ago. But yeah, Iíve been logged out a few times in the past. Tapatalk is so convenient with the amount of forums you can save all in one place but if itís not working, then thereís really no point to it over using a simple web browser.

I'd be surprised if Baltimore didn't at least wait until June if not late June to see how the offers stack up
    A normal organization and this would be true, but this is Baltimore and this is Peter Angelos. If they wait till June/July Angelos will more likely hold onto Machado instead of trading him. Why? Because Angelos is senile. They don't move him before June/July, then Machado is likely an Orioles till the end.

With that said, I like Russell but I like winning more. So yeah, I would do a Russell/Machado trade, but it would depend who else the Cubs would have to give up.
    Screw sabermetics.

Is it too early to start the CJ All Star campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    While I don't disagree that the Cubs dealing for Machado is in the realm of possibility...exactly what has the front office said or done to make it seem like they're tired of waiting for Russell?
    I'm not saying that they are tired of waiting on Russell, but why would the front office EVER say or do anything publicly that would imply that they are tired of waiting for Addy? Don't you think that would be pretty stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm not saying that they are tired of waiting on Russell, but why would the front office EVER say or do anything publicly that would imply that they are tired of waiting for Addy? Don't you think that would be pretty stupid?
    I don't think 1908 is suggesting the Cubs should make it apparent that they were tired of Russell. But CubsinBuffalo did suggest that Theo was showing signs of being tired of Russell. That is why 1908 asked what they have done for him to make that statement. I agree with you that they would not and should not show any signs like that.

Was listening to Golic and Wingo this morning and they were talking about how Eloy Jiminez is tearing it up in the minors. Of all the good moves Theo has made over the years that trade may end up being the one that seriously backfires. You win some and lose some, he has been great in his trades since coming here. Cant win them all, get the feeling Jiminez is going to tear it up in the future.

I doubt they get the game in today

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Is it too early to start the CJ All Star campaign?
    I donít think so. Edwards has been filthy this year.

#FlyTheW

Edwards is the poster boy for the walk-or-strikeout dynamic that plagues baseball these days. ABs drag out, and then end without a ball in play.

I really can't blame the casual fan for flipping the channel.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast