Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince70 View Post
    All stars like Castro get benched. World Series heroes like Schwarber get demoted. Yet...Joe is still sending Happ the hacker out there night after night.
    Two factors in play here. One, roster construction. This pitcher has dominated vs left handed hitters. Both Schwarber and Heyward are terrible vs any LHP, let alone good ones.
    The other that may be in play, Joeís stubbornness. When the general consensus says one thing, Joe sticks to his guns and digs in deeper. Remember Schwarber leading off?
    In this case, Iím giving Joe the benefit of the doubt, I mean someone has to be the third outfielder against LHP.

All star shortstops like Castro get benched. World Series heroes like Schwarber get demoted. Our offensive MVP this year in Baez got sent down two seasons ago. Yet...Joe is still sending Happ the hacker out there night after night. He doesn't belong on a MLB roster right now.
    As currently constructed, who's the better option against LHP? In all honesty...who's likely to do better? Schwarber and Heyward are both significantly worse against LHP than RHP. And I can't see a realistic option in the minors who's a better fit. It's a weird time to make a trade, as well, as many teams who will likely sell off a platoon-OF-bat are still relatively still alive in the hunt for the playoffs, so there's not many trade options. We can say whatever we want about the team having a better backup option here, but that's in the past. Where we are today Happ getting his act together against LHP is probably the "best bet". I don't disagree that there are significant warts with Happ as is, I've thought there were significant warts with him this offseason. But today, I can't see a better option as structured.

If there's a cheap-ish platoon bat available, sure, go get him, but I don't know who that person is as of now.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 05-07-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

All star shortstops like Castro get benched. World Series heroes like Schwarber get demoted. Our offensive MVP this year in Baez got sent down two seasons ago. Yet...Joe is still sending Happ the hacker out there night after night. He doesn't belong on a MLB roster right now.
    There is an a awful lot of hyperbole here. And none if it has anything to do with Happ playing or being sent down. First, when Castro was ďbenchedĒ he was far from an all star. Next Schwarber got demoted after 200 AB last year. Much further along then where Happ is now. And he was hitting .170. Baez got sent down 2 years ago when he was awful. What he is now has nothing to do with how bad he was then. And finally, Happ is hardly out there night after night. And as someone else already said, Happ is probably their best option right now.

Marlins at Cubs IGT: Just. ****ing. Win. Edition

Cubs placed P Yu Darvish on 10-day DL due to illness. It will be retroactive to 5/4.

I assume his replacement on the roster will be announced tomorrow

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Cubs placed P Yu Darvish on 10-day DL due to illness. It will be retroactive to 5/4.

I assume his replacement on the roster will be announced tomorrow
    Yep....it's a virus. I think they're calling it fifthinningitis.

#KBOOM again!

2-0 Cubs

#FlyTheW

Tseng was scratched from his start tonight. There is your starter tomorrow most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    #KBOOM again!

2-0 Cubs
    Flat out, I think Kris Bryant is one of the most underrated players in baseball, and I'm shocked I have to type that. I think the general belief is that Nolan Arrendo is the best 3b in baseball. I say that because I've seen this sentiment in most of the forums I've viewed. When honestly, he's not, and Bryant is pretty much in a league in his own at the position. Hell people thought last year was a "down year" and in many ways, offensively, it was a better year than his MVP season.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Tseng was scratched from his start tonight. There is your starter tomorrow most likely.
    Good catch. I would have to assume that as well

#FlyTheW

Javy! 5-0 Cubs.

Gone!

Javy goes boom!

5-0 Cubs

#FlyTheW

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Its a bit strange if we keep promoting the pitchers with the worst ERA's in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    Its a bit strange if we keep promoting the pitchers with the worst ERA's in AAA.
    Heís been bad. In this case itís probably just timing. Hope to get five out of him, ship him back.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast