Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I personally would just like to move that timeline up a year... Lauzon could use another year in Providence... I donít think Zboril would gain anything though... Iíd rather use him over De Haan this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zboril needs more seasoning in Providence. It would be a mistake to plug him in to the top 4 role next season. He turned it up in the 2nd half of the season, and he needs to build on that in the AHL. Hell, even on more year down there would turn him into an all-around defensemen. Same with Lauzon.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Zboril needs more seasoning in Providence. It would be a mistake to plug him in to the top 4 role next season. He turned it up in the 2nd half of the season, and he needs to build on that in the AHL. Hell, even on more year down there would turn him into an all-around defensemen. Same with Lauzon.
    That's kind of my thinking. Defense is so hard at the NHL level, I don't want to force a kid in there and have it blow up and not work. Then you're scrambling even harder to find a replacement and you're in season.

One name out in CAR that IDK is getting enough attention is Justin Williams. I know people look at the fact that he's 36yr old, but the guy can still produce at a 50pt click. I'd love to add him to the mix. Imagine playing him with Bergeron and Marchand or having him be that 3rd line Vet guy
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    That's kind of my thinking. Defense is so hard at the NHL level, I don't want to force a kid in there and have it blow up and not work. Then you're scrambling even harder to find a replacement and you're in season.

One name out in CAR that IDK is getting enough attention is Justin Williams. I know people look at the fact that he's 36yr old, but the guy can still produce at a 50pt click. I'd love to add him to the mix. Imagine playing him with Bergeron and Marchand or having him be that 3rd line Vet guy
    What you doing with pastr?

Still think if you move one guy off bergs its marchand. Hes smart skilled verstile and old enough now that he can support his own line.

I would like to see a line of donato bergs pastr
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    What you doing with pastr?

Still think if you move one guy off bergs its marchand. Hes smart skilled verstile and old enough now that he can support his own line.

I would like to see a line of donato bergs pastr
    Honestly I think Pasta need to play with Krejci & DeBrusk/Donato. Krejci and Pasta have chemistry, IDK who came up with the rumors they can't, but its not true. To make room though you need to trade someone or someone needs to to Providence.
    "The Next Generation"

Honestly I think Pasta need to play with Krejci & DeBrusk/Donato. Krejci and Pasta have chemistry, IDK who came up with the rumors they can't, but its not true. To make room though you need to trade someone or someone needs to to Providence.
    That was me lol

I really dont think he plays the style krejci likes in the nhl. Big ice is one thing but in the nhl where guys can get on you quickly krejci to me is better suited with big boys to give him time and space
    Unleash the Pasta!

That was me lol

I really dont think he plays the style krejci likes in the nhl. Big ice is one thing but in the nhl where guys can get on you quickly krejci to me is better suited with big boys to give him time and space
    Krejci has said himself that he likes speed on his wings. Everyone points to his time with Lucic but they just had something together. Horton wasn't a slow skater, neither was Iginla (at that point of his career).

Pastrnak would be a great fit. Who's to say that putting another kid on Bergy and Marchy's wings will develop him into another player like Pasta?

Haters gonna hate

That was me lol

I just don't see it. as Shaiza has pointed out, Krejci has played with speedy wingers in the past. Even now DeBrusk has some wheel, Spooner was fast, Nash was fast for his size. Hell even Lucic in his early years was faster than he is now.
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Krejci has said himself that he likes speed on his wings. Everyone points to his time with Lucic but they just had something together. Horton wasn't a slow skater, neither was Iginla (at that point of his career).

Pastrnak would be a great fit. Who's to say that putting another kid on Bergy and Marchy's wings will develop him into another player like Pasta?
    I still love the idea of the line Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
    "The Next Generation"

So I keep looking at this team, trying to figure out how to improve it without removing important pieces. I'm really struggling on moving Krug unless you have someone to replace his production (easier said then done). In a perfect world I'd love to up grade the LHD, but I want Krug on the 3rd pairing to exploit lesser talent and keep up our strong PP.

I don't feel like this team needs a lot to take the next step to be honest. We didn't play healthy all year, I mean IDK that we ever iced our full line-up....someone was always out with an injury. Outside of a more TWD for the Top 4, I wouldn't mind finding someone to play #1RW and let Pasta slide down...I do feel that option is already in house though.
    "The Next Generation"

Cam Neely in his press conference yesterday said that Don Sweeney will be looking to get bigger on the left side of the defense this off season. Other things he mentions is how they will likely be going in with another youth movement and see what prospects step up especially considering their cap situation. A lot of the press conference was around sports gambling so it was a kind of boring press conference. But look for another youth movement with a couple of guys and a bigger body on the left side defense.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Cam Neely in his press conference yesterday said that Don Sweeney will be looking to get bigger on the left side of the defense this off season. Other things he mentions is how they will likely be going in with another youth movement and see what prospects step up especially considering their cap situation. A lot of the press conference was around sports gambling so it was a kind of boring press conference. But look for another youth movement with a couple of guys and a bigger body on the left side defense.
    Zboril and Lauzon come in around 6'2/200lb. Vaak comes in slightly smaller at 6'1/185lb. and is probably not even coming to NA next year. Obviously you have Hanifin and Slavin (who I prefer over Hanifin) down in CAR that could be in play.

The thing that caught my surprise was the youth movement notes. I have to wonder who they are considering as part of the youth movement. You figure Donato is up with Boston next year and then maybe one of JFK/Frederic. Maybe Seny gets a sniff if injuries happen (same goes for Zboril and Lauzon). I wonder if Boston plans to have more prospects than we thought.
    "The Next Generation"

Zboril and Lauzon come in around 6'2/200lb. Vaak comes in slightly smaller at 6'1/185lb. and is probably not even coming to NA next year. Obviously you have Hanifin and Slavin (who I prefer over Hanifin) down in CAR that could be in play.

The thing that caught my surprise was the youth movement notes. I have to wonder who they are considering as part of the youth movement. You figure Donato is up with Boston next year and then maybe one of JFK/Frederic. Maybe Seny gets a sniff if injuries happen (same goes for Zboril and Lauzon). I wonder if Boston plans to have more prospects than we thought.
    I would love Slavin, as I've said before on here my job relocated me to Charlotte, North Carolina two years ago so when the Bruins dont have a game and I'm not watching them on the nhl package, I watch the local games which have the Carolina Hurricanes.

Watching the Hurricanes is often pretty boring but I love Slavin as a defender. He is one of the few guys on the team that I watch and am just amazed at how well he plays, he is incredibly fluid in everything he does. Great size and skating ability and has a great future ahead of him. I swear if he was on a good team he would be regarded as a top 20-30 defender in the league. He might be already but he really doesnt get as much recognition as he should. I would be ecstatic if the Bruins were able to pry him away from Carolina, but I doubt it.

I would take Hanifan too, but the real prize would be Slavin. Guy is going to be a monster, would love to see him in Cassidys system and be the guy to replace chara in the future. I see a lot of Jacob Trouba type player in Slavin, except hes been more healthy than Trouba. Going to cost us a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I would love Slavin, as I've said before on here my job relocated me to Charlotte, North Carolina two years ago so when the Bruins dont have a game and I'm not watching them on the nhl package, I watch the local games which have the Carolina Hurricanes.

Watching the Hurricanes is often pretty boring but I love Slavin as a defender. He is one of the few guys on the team that I watch and am just amazed at how well he plays, he is incredibly fluid in everything he does. Great size and skating ability and has a great future ahead of him. I swear if he was on a good team he would be regarded as a top 20-30 defender in the league. He might be already but he really doesnt get as much recognition as he should. I would be ecstatic if the Bruins were able to pry him away from Carolina, but I doubt it.

I would take Hanifan too, but the real prize would be Slavin. Guy is going to be a monster, would love to see him in Cassidys system and be the guy to replace chara in the future. I see a lot of Jacob Trouba type player in Slavin, except hes been more healthy than Trouba. Going to cost us a lot though.
    Right now I'm thinking 1st + Heinen + Zboril or Lauzon for Slavin. Would love to get Williams in a deal too in order to help out the right side, but I think that would be costly.

It hurts to give up Heinen, but I feel like he's going to be the odd man out. Which is weird because IDK how many other wing prospects we have that are complete two-way players and play either wing lol. Bjork might be the only other one and I think he's going to be something special.
    "The Next Generation"

Right now I'm thinking 1st + Heinen + Zboril or Lauzon for Slavin. Would love to get Williams in a deal too in order to help out the right side, but I think that would be costly.

It hurts to give up Heinen, but I feel like he's going to be the odd man out. Which is weird because IDK how many other wing prospects we have that are complete two-way players and play either wing lol. Bjork might be the only other one and I think he's going to be something special.
    I was thinking that Carolina would never even think about trading Slavin but with the news that the Bobfather broke, he would be the #1 guy that we should go after. Hanifin is right there with him on my list, but I love Slavin's contract. It's a bargain deal.

Haters gonna hate

McKenzie said on TSN the other day that the only Carolina Hurricane player not available in trade is Aho. I would be very interested to see who is moved for them. Not sure if Heinen/Zboril/future late first rounder is the best offer they would get, but I would certainly approve.

What happens with either Krug or Gryz in your opinion hypothetically if that trade happens?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast