Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Known injuries so far per the B's twitter account...

Patrice Bergeron - concussion-like symptoms (why he missed game 4)
    Torey Krug - fractured ankle (game 4)
    Jake DeBrusk - AC joint sprain (sometime in round 2)
    Riley Nash - concussion (when he took a puck to the head)
    Brandon Carlo - broken ankle (we know when that happened)
    Brad Marchand - groin injury (suffered sometime mid-TOR series)
    Chara - Fractured index finger (TOR game 2) & left shoulder injury (sustained about 8 weeks ago)

What concerns me is Krejci didn't make the list...which means his poor play wasn't due to an injury.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I don't see Boston buying him out. He's given his entire career to the team, led them in playoff scoring and been a model citizen in and outside the rink. You have to wonder how that looks to players if you buyout a guy like that. I think they'd find a landing spot for him via trade though. Once his NMC is gone, he's going to be a guy that draw attention.
    Iím not sure these kinds of things reflect nearly as poorly as we think they would as fans. In the end, itís a business unfortunately. Krejci would probably go on to make very similar money overall as to what he would have if not more. Buyout and trade would honestly be the same thing imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Iím not sure these kinds of things reflect nearly as poorly as we think they would as fans. In the end, itís a business unfortunately. Krejci would probably go on to make very similar money overall as to what he would have if not more. Buyout and trade would honestly be the same thing imo.

And lets flip it. How does it look when the guy is getting paid the same amount as bergs basically and we all see what bergs does. Krejci has been having problems clicking with everyone since lucic and horton left.

He needs to be like crosby and make lesser players around him better. He makes better players worse
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    And lets flip it. How does it look when the guy is getting paid the same amount as bergs basically and we all see what bergs does. Krejci has been having problems clicking with everyone since lucic and horton left.

He needs to be like crosby and make lesser players around him better. He makes better players worse
    I'm just not buying all the hate on Krejci. Yes I do think his defensive game took a bit of a hit this year but he's normally a reliable two way center. He scored 10 points in 12 games in the playoffs, and he didn't make Rick Nash worse, Rick Nash and his injury late season saw to that. Does Jake Debrusk have the season and playoffs he had playing on the third line? no. How many different wingers did Krejci have to play with this year? Spooner, DeBrusk, Nash, Donato, Gionta, Wingles. Some of it is on him but to say he made better players worse is just simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post

You don't think players take notice of how other players get treated and put that in the back of their minds just in case? IDK maybe I'm old school and put more value in loyalty then most in today's world. If I was playing and that happened, I'd think it was classless move. Its not even like Krejci has been bad, he's played a ton of games (not a lot of injuries) and had a revolving door of wingers over the last two seasons

^Even with all that, he only has 8 less points than Bergeron....who of course plays w/ two elite level players.
    "The Next Generation"

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Iím not hating on Krejci or saying heís a bad player... what Iím saying is the money allocated to him can be better spent elsewhere. I donít think heís an irreplaceable player anymore

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    I'm just not buying all the hate on Krejci. Yes I do think his defensive game took a bit of a hit this year but he's normally a reliable two way center. He scored 10 points in 12 games in the playoffs, and he didn't make Rick Nash worse, Rick Nash and his injury late season saw to that. Does Jake Debrusk have the season and playoffs he had playing on the third line? no. How many different wingers did Krejci have to play with this year? Spooner, DeBrusk, Nash, Donato, Gionta, Wingles. Some of it is on him but to say he made better players worse is just simply not true.
    It wont be next year but deb on the wing for donato will make you ask wtf theu didnt try that in the playoffs

I think especially in the playoffs deb made that line not krejci. Look krejci was never the fastest player he liked slow heavy guys. Thats not the nhl anymore and whats worse is he doesnt play to the wingers strengths. Look at how many times he tried to skate through the other teams d instead of dumping it in a corner. And all that would happen is he got poke checked and lost the puck
    Unleash the Pasta!

Known injuries so far per the B's twitter account...

Patrice Bergeron - concussion-like symptoms (why he missed game 4)
    Torey Krug - fractured ankle (game 4)
    Jake DeBrusk - AC joint sprain (sometime in round 2)
    Riley Nash - concussion (when he took a puck to the head)
    Brandon Carlo - broken ankle (we know when that happened)
    Brad Marchand - groin injury (suffered sometime mid-TOR series)
    Chara - Fractured index finger (TOR game 2) & left shoulder injury (sustained about 8 weeks ago)

What concerns me is Krejci didn't make the list...which means his poor play wasn't due to an injury.
    He and Pasta are joining the Czech team for the WC...Krejci definitely wasn't hurt then. Wondering if he's starting his decline into a 3rd line center now...

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    He and Pasta are joining the Czech team for the WC...Krejci definitely wasn't hurt then. Wondering if he's starting his decline into a 3rd line center now...
    That would make me nervous as we don't have a true #2 and paying a #3 what Krejci is getting...ouch
    "The Next Generation"

Right now the only guy I'm kind of locked on with is De Haan. I think he could be a huge asset to the d-group and could allow Krug to slide down to that #3 spot. Then the following off-season when Krug is a year away from UFA, you trade him and let Grz slide back into the #3 spot.
    "The Next Generation"

That would make me nervous as we don't have a true #2 and paying a #3 what Krejci is getting...ouch
    going to be pretty ugly paying backes and krejci 13+ million for the next few years to be 3rd or 4th line players.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Calvin de Haan has shoulder injury questions which might cause him to be a little less expensive than he might have been in free agency?I wonder if that makes it easier to go after him,I think his value to the Bs is about the best of any UFA defensemen.

I don't even understand how Krejci is now a third line center haha

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I don't even understand how Krejci is now a third line center haha
    I don't think he's there yet but the decline might be happening. I hope he really focuses in on conditioning and strength in the summer. He's going to need it to avoid the injury bug. I thought we were going to see vintage playoff Krejci after game 7 of the Toronto series, but he was awful against Tampa. He's not as consistent as he once was.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    I don't think he's there yet but the decline might be happening. I hope he really focuses in on conditioning and strength in the summer. He's going to need it to avoid the injury bug. I thought we were going to see vintage playoff Krejci after game 7 of the Toronto series, but he was awful against Tampa. He's not as consistent as he once was.
    Again I think the lack of consistency stemmed from a lack of consistent wingers. No one was good against tampa anyway so kind of hard to pin that on him.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast