Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 156
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,575

    2018 Official Offseason Thread

    Season ended yesterday, as everyone knows. We always start one of these so have it, here. Discuss any rumors of trades and/or free agency, draft, general roster discussion, and everything in between.

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,575
    POTENTIAL FREE AGENTS:

    UFA's:
    Rick Nash -- LW
    Riley Nash -- C/RW
    Tim Schaller -- LW
    Austin Czarnik -- C/RW
    Tommy Wingels -- RW/C
    Brian Gionta -- RW
    Kenny Agostino -- LW
    Nick Holden -- LD/RD
    Paul Postma -- RD
    Tommy Cross -- LD
    Chris Breen -- LD
    Anton Khudobin -- G

    For this list, I think Schaller is a possibility and Khudobin. If Boston feels Czarnik can come in and produce, you may see them try and get him back on a 1Y prove it deal. They have had contract extension discussions with him already, per Divver. He definitely will get a chance from someone in the NHL next season so if he's not 100% here, he is probably gone. I hope they stay away from Rick Nash and Riley Nash. The rest, no interest in any returning.


    RFA's:
    Sean Kuraly -- C/LW
    Colby Cave -- C
    Justin Hickman -- LW
    Anton Blidh -- LW
    Matt Grzelcyk -- LD

    RFA's, I usually expect most back. I could see Hickman not being qualified. I definitely think you see Grzelcyk and Kuraly return.

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,286
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    POTENTIAL FREE AGENTS:

    UFA's:
    Rick Nash -- LW
    Riley Nash -- C/RW
    Tim Schaller -- LW
    Austin Czarnik -- C/RW
    Tommy Wingels -- RW/C
    Brian Gionta -- RW
    Kenny Agostino -- LW
    Nick Holden -- LD/RD
    Paul Postma -- RD
    Tommy Cross -- LD
    Chris Breen -- LD
    Anton Khudobin -- G

    For this list, I think Schaller is a possibility and Khudobin. If Boston feels Czarnik can come in and produce, you may see them try and get him back on a 1Y prove it deal. They have had contract extension discussions with him already, per Divver. He definitely will get a chance from someone in the NHL next season so if he's not 100% here, he is probably gone. I hope they stay away from Rick Nash and Riley Nash. The rest, no interest in any returning.


    RFA's:
    Sean Kuraly -- C/LW
    Colby Cave -- C
    Justin Hickman -- LW
    Anton Blidh -- LW
    Matt Grzelcyk -- LD

    RFA's, I usually expect most back. I could see Hickman not being qualified. I definitely think you see Grzelcyk and Kuraly return.
    UFAs: Only ones I kind of have any interest in bringing back are Khudobin Schaller and Czarnik like you said. Schaller will probably be too expensive, so if hes out I wont be THAT sad.

    Czarnik could be a guy Id be interested to see mix in with Acciari on line 4 with Kuraly and probably Backes. Our team is fans of those versatile guys.

    Khudobin I really want back, but someone is probably going to over spend on him too unfortunately... well need to hope we have a replacement.


    The RFAs id probably like them all back in some respect, but Gryz and Kuraly are musts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,905
    https://twitter.com/bruins_stats/sta...63246396346368

    If we dont make any moves and only call up players, including using Mcintyre as the back up goalie the Bruins will have 7.75 million in cap space assuming our RFA sign for 995K. At least according to Bruinsstats
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,575
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    UFAs: Only ones I kind of have any interest in bringing back are Khudobin Schaller and Czarnik like you said. Schaller will probably be too expensive, so if hes out I wont be THAT sad.

    Czarnik could be a guy Id be interested to see mix in with Acciari on line 4 with Kuraly and probably Backes. Our team is fans of those versatile guys.
    Bruins have in-house guys to replace Schaller. To start, they have Fitzgerald and Blidh (RFA, but he'll come cheap). Kuraly is a good 4th liner, but if they wanted to put him on the LW, you could add some centers like Czarnik, JFK (he plays a 4th line game; defensive minded), MAYBE Frederic (however, I'd prefer he play big minutes to start in Providence).

    Not sure Backes is a 4th liner next season. MAYBE it happens, but I think they'd prefer him to be 3rd line RW. However, if he is relegated to 4th line, maybe something like:

    Kuraly -- Czarnik -- Backes

    Fitzgerald -- Kuraly -- Backes

    If Bruins go the F/A route for cheap 4th line options, I like a couple guys. Chris Wagner (NYI -- C/W) and Curtis McKenzie (DAL -- LW). Wagner played with Anaheim before being dealt to the Islanders at the TDL. He finished with 253 hits (3rd in the NHL) and averaged 3.2 H/G (7th in the NHL). He's not a goon. He can definitely play a good 4th line role. He loves to hit though, and would bring a serious physical game to the Bruins bottom 6. McKenzie would basically be like a Schaller type signing. He hasn't gotten a lot of a chance in Dallas, but has been a very productive AHLer. He plays a heavy game and will drop the gloves if needed.
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 05-07-2018 at 04:04 PM.

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,286
    Weve missed the biggest offseason storyline though.... that is, the quest for the new Rene.... impossible to replace [emoji24]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    2,119
    I want to keep Anton but fear that there is gonna be money out there aimed his way and finding his replacement will take some work.Rick Nash almost worked out then the playoffs started so I think that experiment is over the rest of the UFAs are not really worth spending much on either.Also I am not at all interested in hearing the off season "let's trade Rask" talk but I am sure it will be mentioned.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,283
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    I want to keep Anton but fear that there is gonna be money out there aimed his way and finding his replacement will take some work.Rick Nash almost worked out then the playoffs started so I think that experiment is over the rest of the UFAs are not really worth spending much on either.Also I am not at all interested in hearing the off season "let's trade Rask" talk but I am sure it will be mentioned.
    I'd be more interested in trading Krejci than Rask

    That second line would have scored like the first line we would have been moving on
    Unleash the Pasta!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,014
    I really hope that the young guys can break camp impressing the coaching staff. The only RFA I want back are Grz and Kuraly. I would then start saving cash because coming up in 2019 they are going to have to extend McAvoy, Carlo, Donato and Heinen, and to a lesser extent Acciari as well.

    If Schaller isn't too expensive, I'd really like him back as a good depth guy.

    Marchand - Bergy - Pasta
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Heinen
    Donato - Backes - Bjork
    Acciari - Kuraly - Schaller/?????

    Big Z - McAvoy
    Krug - Carlo
    Grz - Miller

    Rask
    McIntyre

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,286

    2018 Official Offseason Thread

    Backes isnt playing center. We have to stop putting that in our heads lol. I think/hope JFK will be the 3rd line center... Backes Will be line 4 RW most likely.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by homie564; 05-09-2018 at 11:44 AM.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    I'd be more interested in trading Krejci than Rask

    That second line would have scored like the first line we would have been moving on
    I believe he had 10 points in 12 games. I think Nash was more the problem. He didn't create enough chances and the ones he had he mostly didn't finish.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,286
    I was playing around with numbers.... theres a very strong possibility Krejci gets bought out after this season. Hopefully he plays his *** off and we dont have to, but it would make a ton of sense to cut ties at the end of the year. Wed save nearly 5M in cap space each of the final two years of his deal at the cost of 2 years beyond at around 2.25M. With this in mind, our 3rd line center is going to be groomed this year to be his replacement. Which makes it even less likely Backes is on that line let alone at center.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    662
    I'm returning to an old and out dated pipe dream here but just for fun, If Ilya Kovalchuck would come relatively cheap or if the term wasn't crazy because he felt that the bruins were close to winning a cup and had a need for a top six winger would you have interest? A second line of Debrusk, Krejci and Kovalchuck could be devastating. he would be an option on the PP too although we already have Pasta playing in that one-timer off wing spot.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,249
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I was playing around with numbers.... theres a very strong possibility Krejci gets bought out after this season. Hopefully he plays his *** off and we dont have to, but it would make a ton of sense to cut ties at the end of the year. Wed save nearly 5M in cap space each of the final two years of his deal at the cost of 2 years beyond at around 2.25M. With this in mind, our 3rd line center is going to be groomed this year to be his replacement. Which makes it even less likely Backes is on that line let alone at center.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't see Boston buying him out. He's given his entire career to the team, led them in playoff scoring and been a model citizen in and outside the rink. You have to wonder how that looks to players if you buyout a guy like that. I think they'd find a landing spot for him via trade though. Once his NMC is gone, he's going to be a guy that draw attention.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,249
    Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    I'm returning to an old and out dated pipe dream here but just for fun, If Ilya Kovalchuck would come relatively cheap or if the term wasn't crazy because he felt that the bruins were close to winning a cup and had a need for a top six winger would you have interest? A second line of Debrusk, Krejci and Kovalchuck could be devastating. he would be an option on the PP too although we already have Pasta playing in that one-timer off wing spot.
    You'd need to swap his contract with a Krejci or Backes to make it work. Trying to bring him in for longer than a season puts us in a tough cap spot.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •