Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Sox (25-9) at Yankees (24-10)

Game 1: Pomeranz (1-1, 6.14ERA) vs Severino (5-1, 2.11ERA), Tuesday @ 7:05pm
    The lefty [Pomeranz] showed improved velocity and command in the latter stages of his third start back from the disabled list, as he allowed just 3 earned runs over 6 innings. Pomeranz has pitched well at Yankee Stadium in his career, going 3-2 with a 3.12 ERA.

The Yankees' ace is coming off his first career shutout, a five-hitter Wednesday vs the Astros. In four starts since allowing five runs in five innings in a loss to Boston, Severino has a 1.24ERA, with five walks and 32 strikeouts in 29 innings.

Game 2: Price (2-4, 5.11ERA) vs Tanaka (4-2, 4.39ERA), Wednesday @ 7:05pm
    Price will try to recover from his worst outing of the season, when he gave up 9 runs (7 earned) over 3 2/3IP in a loss to the Rangers. Price is 1-4 with an 8.22ERA in his last five starts after opening the season with 1 win and 14 scoreless IP.

The Yanks have won each of Tanaka's last three starts, and the righty has bounced back after allowing 13 runs combined in back-to-back starts vs the Red Sox and Marlins. Most recently, Tanaka allowed three runs in six innings Thursday in Houston.

Game 3: Porcello (5-0, 2.14ERA) vs Sabathia (2-0, 1.39ERA), Thursday @ 7:05pm
    The sinkerballer [Porcello] is off to a tremendous start, allowing three runs or fewer in all seven of his starts and going at least six innings in six of them. Porcello is 1-4 with a 5.17 ERA in six career starts at Yankee Stadium.

Sabathia continued what has been an outstanding season by pitching six shutout innings Friday. He has allowed just one earned run in 23 1/3 innings over his past four starts. He has won five straight vs Boston, dating back to September 2016.

Series preditions:
    • Yankees with 2 of three
    • johnny_nyy gets his frist ban for trolling

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Series preditions:
    • Yankees with 2 of three
    • johnny_nyy gets his frist ban for trolling
    I really hope both of your predictions come true. Johnny is even worse in our forum haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I really hope both of your predictions come true. Johnny is even worse in our forum haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Was he a bot that some alignment of things activated and triggered him? Saw he had been around for a while, but now posts like a mad man.

I say whoever wins game one wins the series
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

He's had this as a kid. I can't find any injury report from Tampa, Jays, Det. Wiki is usually accurate but didn't list any DL stints.

Price has been scratched from Wednesday start. Cora: ‘He had the same symptoms that he had before (in a Sunday bullpen). ... The hand. The numbness.’ He’s back in Boston for an MRI/tests. Sox expect an update after tonight’s game. TBD if he goes on DL.
    Source:
    Alex Speier

I see us only win one out of the three but its typical Red Sox baseball start off good, play like crap
    down the middle of the season and finish above .500. Even if the Yankees get in first place I wouldn't
    be upset that their playing better but its how The Red Sox let they 1st place lead sneak away. We could
    easily be a 30+ win team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    He's had this as a kid. I can't find any injury report from Tampa, Jays, Det. Wiki is usually accurate but didn't list any DL stints.

Source:
    Alex Speier
    I don't think he comes back next season I see the team either letting him test FA or we trade him.

Thank god hembree is gone. He's killing us lately

I really don't get Cora. Not pitch hitting moreland for bradley? Poor managing there

I was sure there were pinch hitting opportunities for the last two batters,it's kinda obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post

Source:
    Alex Speier
    Price associated the numbness with childhood and the cold. Cora acknowledged that they now think that this is something different because he most recently experienced the sensation during a warm weather Texas BP session.

I'll be happy to be wrong but I strongly associate it with last year's elbow issue... and his apparent unwillingness to through a curveball. His results between starts disrupted by battles with numbness have been horrendous. Those results are part of why I'm more and more convinced that this is a long-term injury. He's likely been pitching through it for a few starts hoping that his super, self-healing elbow will just click into place.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I don't think he comes back next season I see the team either letting him test FA or we trade him.
    Are you talking about Price? How do you think that this is going to happen... he's going to opt-out and the Sox will let him? Price has all the cards here. If he's hurt, has lingering injury concern without a DL stint, or just pitches poorly then there's no way he gets a better deal than the $127M/4yr left on his deal after the opt-out.
    Last edited by RedSoxtober; 05-09-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Price associated the numbness with childhood and the cold. Cora acknowledged that they now think that this is something different because he most recently experienced the sensation during a warm weather Texas BP session.

I'll be happy to be wrong but I strongly associate it with last year's elbow issue... and his apparent unwillingness to through a curveball. His results between starts disrupted by battles with numbness have been horrendous. Those results are part of why I'm more and more convinced that this is a long-term injury. He's likely been pitching through it for a few starts hoping that his super, self-healing elbow will just click into place.

Are you talking about Price? How do you think that this is going to happen... he's going to opt-out and the Sox will let him? Price has all the cards here. If he's hurt, has lingering injury concern without a DL stint, or just pitches poorly then there's no way he gets a better deal than the $127M/4yr left on his deal after the opt-out.
    Yes I was talking about Price I honestly don't believe he really likes it here. I only thought he had like 2 yrs left.

I hope that you're right BSF... and six months ago I would have agreed that it was possible if not likely. He seemed to make his peace with most things over the offseason though. IDK. Maybe he's not driven by the dollars.

Leave it to the sox to blow the lead. Never ceases to amaze me

Really hope we can find a manager who knows how to use a bullpen...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast