Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Why do players suck after they leave the Lakers?

Jordan Hill, Tarik Black, Swaggy P, Jodie Meeks to name a few. Now Clarkson and Nance. Do we have a good system of developing players and maximizing their talents or is it just a case of good numbers on a bad team?

I don't think they necessarily suck when they leave, their roles have just changed. That's common, especially when going from a non playoff team (lakers) to a playoff team (cavaliers). Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance don't get in games as much because they have rodney hood, Jeff Green, and Tristan Thompson coming off the bench for cavs which cuts into LNJ and JCs minutes. The players on the lakers fighting for those bench minutes were Tyler Ennis, Alex Caruso, and Travis wear. Lol.. This might actually play to the lakers favor as I'd love to get either one on the cheap when they hit free agency after the lakers put together a playoff team. I'm sure both would love to rejoin the team if given the chance, especially if they are a more competitive team.

There's also been a few cases that the opposite is true as well: Lou Williams, Trevor ariza and Josh McRoberts (for 1 year with Indiana then he went back to sucking balls). Different situations, different roles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Pau Gasol? Marc Gasol?

The problem with nick young BTW, is he went to a team that demands high IQ offense and all out effort on defense.. That does not describe nick young at all.. Yea he can hit a 3 every once in a while which the warriors love, but if you leave him in the game too long he will be a liability in other areas. Same can be said about Tarik black, Jordan Hill, and Jodie Meeks.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    The problem with nick young BTW, is he went to a team that demands high IQ offense and all out effort on defense.. That does not describe nick young at all.. Yea he can hit a 3 every once in a while which the warriors love, but if you leave him in the game too long he will be a liability in other areas. Same can be said about Tarik black, Jordan Hill, and Jodie Meeks.

The problem with Nick Young is Nick Young.

If the Warriors lose, it's because of Nick Young. Only Nick Young could make a team that good lose.

If the Warriors win, it's in spite of Nick Young.

That's an easy answer, cuz on the Lakers there was no established superstar so anyone on the team could have had a big game such as Clarkson, Lou, Nick, etc. But when they become a bench player on a contending team then they dont need to post as many points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Tru dat

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Lmao. You both got it. Nick young is a fool. He looks like he's put on a ton of weight. Dudes just dick riding for a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Jordan Hill, Tarik Black, Swaggy P, Jodie Meeks to name a few. Now Clarkson and Nance. Do we have a good system of developing players and maximizing their talents or is it just a case of good numbers on a bad team?
    Is it that they suck after leaving? Or we over hype players in Lakers uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Is it that they suck after leaving? Or we over hype players in Lakers uniform? Many players can look good on a awful team. All the players you name sucked as a Laker. Those are all bench players at best. They were just on a team where they had a green light. Nance Clarkson were bench players at best. You had fans here who think he was better than Randle. Right now it have fans who think lakers have 4 or 5 soon to be allstars on the roaster and magic is crazy to trade any of them.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-03-2018 at 11:27 PM.

I think the biggest thing for nance and clarkson is they are now on a team predicated on one guy. They run no plays and offense is kind of a freeforall. Those two guys need a system in place. The cavs see what lebron can create and they go off that. Most of the time everyone looks lost. Except for Kyle korver. He knows to stand still and wait for the ball to come to him.

The lost boys

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    I think the biggest thing for nance and clarkson is they are now on a team predicated on one guy. They run no plays and offense is kind of a freeforall. Those two guys need a system in place. The cavs see what lebron can create and they go off that. Most of the time everyone looks lost. Except for Kyle korver. He knows to stand still and wait for the ball to come to him.
    Lol Korvers game is universal, he plays the same no matter the teammates or system.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Lol Korvers game is universal, he plays the same no matter the teammates or system.
    Korver could miss a month of practice and not miss a beat.

The lost boys

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    Korver could miss a month of practice and not miss a beat.
    I used to tell my first wife (years ago) that Kyle Korver was Ashton Kutcher and she believed me.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast