Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerson Perriot View Post
    See my....off topic.

That is what we see when these players take a knee, they aren't doing what they are suppose to be doing so they pay the price, there will be repurcussions

Where can we go where there are no do's and don't?
    The place where people aren't told how to act but are allowed to think for themselves? I thought this was America!?

So at what point is it deemed the players conduct is detrimental to the business? I think teams are over this BS and a player of his caliber just isn't worth the BS.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The place where people aren't told how to act but are allowed to think for themselves? I thought this was America!?
    Well you are free to say what you want but there may be repercussions. It's kind of like what Charles Barkley said the other day wishing someone would just punch Draymond, then having to issue an apology the next night.

The operations manual you cited is an NFL-only thing. Even if it said "must stand", the players wouldn't have to do so because it didn't get cleared by the NFLPA.

As for no longer employing someone, that is true because crappy NFL contracts allow players to get released without cause at any time. But if the NFL did something really egregious, the NFLPA could call for a strike. That won't happen due to Eric Reid, but make no mistake, the union is not happy about this.
    The vast majority of people do not work off of contractual based employment contracts. They are an employee, and employment at will describes most employees in America.

I can fire someone for showing up to work on time, and in my personal opinion, that's how it should be. If I don't want that employee to work for me anymore, it is my right as a business owner to fire them.

Now that employee will have a strong case for unemployment benefits, but none the less....I can fire someone anytime I desire, right wrong or indifferent.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 05-03-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    They didn't actually protest the anthem? Then what were they doing kneeling during it?
    I think those rednecks in the south who drive around with confederate flags on their trucks are protesting the American flag.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There's also right to work states where you can literally be fired without cause, and states that you need cause to get fired.
    Yes those are mostly those poor right winged overtly religious states that don't seem to actually much care about people. Those godless liberal states on the other hand seem to have policies in place that seem quite Christian like. What a paradox
    Last edited by zookman65; 05-03-2018 at 11:52 PM.

They can think for themselves as much as they want unless they are being paid to do a job for me.

I'm paying them to do a job, if they choose to do something that interferes with doing that job or interrupts other employees, you better believe they'll be out on their ***.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I think those rednecks in the south who drive around with confederate flags on their trucks are protesting the American flag.
    Well, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerson Perriot View Post
    Time and place an acting accordingly.

I'm not a religious person yet when the coach said..ok gentlemen take a knee (in prayer pre game) I'm not going to stand there being different. When great granny is saying grace over our Turkeyday dinner I'm bowing my head and playing along. Just stuff ya do if ya get it's not all about you.

An NFL playing field has ..0...to do with anything other than a football game NOBODY came there to deal with social injustices. That is for another time and another place and if somebody thinks that isn't the case they aren't too bright. And to think there won't be a price to pay for being a selfish distraction is totally ignorant.
    When America said black people should be slaves because of the color of their skin, you would have been right there forcing them into slavery.

When the South seceded after Lincoln was elected president, you would have been right there waving a Confederate flag.

Do not do what you know is right, do what makes people feel comfortable, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    They can think for themselves as much as they want unless they are being paid to do a job for me.

I'm paying them to do a job, if they choose to do something that interferes with doing that job or interrupts other employees, you better believe they'll be out on their ***.
    So their job is forced patriotism, I thought is was to play football. It sounds like you prefer a country like North Korea to what America stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yes those are mostly those poor right winged overtly religious states that don't seem to actually much care about people. Those godless liberal states on the other hand seem to have policies in place that seem quite Christian like. What a paradox
    Well you're wrong again. Montana is the only state in the US that does not recognize at will employment. Now that doesn't take unionized positions into account. But yeah...you're wrong.

Well, you're wrong.
    Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    Please explain.
    The vast majority of people that truly carry the confederate flag are doing so to state their individual, family and state beliefs that everyone is an individual and in protest to the norths forced takeover of their land and sovierenty.

Unfortunately the KKK adopted that flag and subsequently it has been since adorned as racist symbolism.

There are definitely racists flying the flag, but they are a very small minority of those adorning the flag.

Many of these people waving the confederate flag are some of the most adamant patriots you will meet.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 05-04-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    So their job is forced patriotism, I thought is was to play football. It sounds like you prefer a country like North Korea to what America stands for.
    Nope. Their job is to do what they are paid to do, not to use their job as a political position. This really isn't a discussion. They are employees.

If they want to make a political position, don't do it while you're being paid to do a job.

Nope. Their job is to do what they are paid to do, not to use their job as a political position. This really isn't a discussion. They are employees.

If they want to make a political position, don't do it while you're being paid to do a job.
    Their job is to play football, not to stand for the national anthem. Forcing them to do so is a political position by the NFL and very anti-American.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast