Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Eric Reid and NFLPA file collusion case

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I agree.

Can't use the "he isn't good enough" excuse on this one. He'd be an average starter or a tremendous backup on a lot of teams. I did wish he waited until Boston and Vaccaro were signed so people couldn't use that against him.

Does he have any proof of this? I'm assuming that because his agent also represents Colin kaepernick, he's assuming that nfl owners agreed to not deal with any of his other clients?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Does he have any proof of this? I'm assuming that because his agent also represents Colin kaepernick, he's assuming that nfl owners agreed to not deal with any of his other clients?

I think the big difference in the two is the NFLPA is backing Reid, they did not with Kaep. I think that means the NFLPA knows something.

PROCESSING

Eric Reid's case is a little different from the other protesting players, because he backed out of the players' coalition after they had agreed with the owners to end their protest in exchange for donations to several charities. Reid remained loyal to Kaepernick who never was part of the coalition, I believe.

I'm not lawyer so I have no idea how Reid would go about proving the collusion against him.

Welp his chances of signing with a team just went out the window

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Welp his chances of signing with a team just went out the window
    Yup

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

now that oughta get owners jumping at the opportunity

to prove collusion, he has to prove owners talked among themselves.......not just that they all decided they had no spot on their roster for him....we don't know how much his agent has said he wants, for example

I'd agree, however, that this is otherwise different from Kapernick....Reid is a viable player in a position most teams need multiples in, not just one starter and a guy expecting starter money
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If there is some sort of quick settlement I would suspect that maybe there was some sort of collusion.That being said I really can't understand why the league would need to get involved in such muddy areas.

Browns are the dumbest team in the league for not signing both Kaepernick and Reid. I did a mock draft as the Browns using only the trade values that actually occured and ended up with Derwin James, Josh Jackson, Justin Reid, Mike Gesicki and Carlton Davis just in the first 37 picks. Not to mention Cordy Glenn.

These teams focussing so much on trying to keep racist whites appeased that they are actually losing games. Tyrod Taylor is a good quarterback, and so is Colin. They could've had both and just grabbed someone like Mason Rudolph and let him sit for 3 years developing while building the team around him.

Two young former pro bowlers should not be passed on when you can get both at an extreme discount and you're a 0 win franchise. Both of these dudes are going to model citizens. They both know if they were to do one thing legally out of line they'd be out of the league forever. This situation is really making me hate the NFL. I despreately want the Union to just form their own league with a very Marxist structure. Just cut the owners out entirely but then keep most other things the same.

That meeting the owners had where they basically said that they didn't want any teams entertaining any players that protested was damning in of itself. This is also all civil so even a billionaires lawyer would have a hard time explaining why that was said and then these dudes don't have jobs. Erid Reid is an above average starting safety. And he's still young.

Quote Originally Posted by KingstonHawke View Post
    Browns are the dumbest team in the league for not signing both Kaepernick and Reid. I did a mock draft as the Browns using only the trade values that actually occured and ended up with Derwin James, Josh Jackson, Justin Reid, Mike Gesicki and Carlton Davis just in the first 37 picks. Not to mention Cordy Glenn.

These teams focussing so much on trying to keep racist whites appeased that they are actually losing games. Tyrod Taylor is a good quarterback, and so is Colin. They could've had both and just grabbed someone like Mason Rudolph and let him sit for 3 years developing while building the team around him.

Two young former pro bowlers should not be passed on when you can get both at an extreme discount and you're a 0 win franchise. Both of these dudes are going to model citizens. They both know if they were to do one thing legally out of line they'd be out of the league forever. This situation is really making me hate the NFL. I despreately want the Union to just form their own league with a very Marxist structure. Just cut the owners out entirely but then keep most other things the same.
    Yeah, Its just racist whites who don't like it when people protest the national anthem.
    Get the **** outta here with your nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Yeah, Its just racist whites who don't like it when people protest the national anthem.
    Get the **** outta here with your nonsense.
    Pretty much. The NFL players didn't actually protest the national anthem and anyone who complained thinking they did, must either be a little slow in the head or have ulterior motives.

"Protesting the anthem" or the flag or service men or any of those things is not what was going.I'm a little tired of this "patriotic" spin put on the issue I think it is racism looking to mask itself.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Pretty much. The NFL players didn't actually protest the national anthem and anyone who complained thinking they did, must either be a little slow in the head or have ulterior motives.
    They didn't actually protest the anthem? Then what were they doing kneeling during it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast