Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Am sure Cechenni will be better at short than Flores.
    Definitely. Upon further review, I underestimated Cecchini's glove. He made a ton of errors when he started out but he's much better lately. Reading the most recent scouting on him I was surprised to find so much enthusiasm for his glove (and versatility). The position change off short seems to be more about the team's greater enthusiasm for Rosario than Cecch not being able to handle it.

From the little I've seen of Cecchini, he seems to have enough trouble reaching first base from the second base hole. By comparison. he makes Kaz Matsui's arm look like a rocket. Averaging 30 errors in the minors is troubling, especially taking into account that the action is much faster in the majors.

He can't play the left side of the infield. Neither can Flores. As it stands now, the Mets have 4 players who can play the left side of the infield: Todd Frazier, Amed Rosario, Asdrubel Cabrera, and Jose Reyes. Dead horse beating alert: If you're gonna get rid of Reyes you have to replace him with someone who can play third and short. Kind of unrealistic to expect their all-star caliber second baseman to be the only viable backup at short and third.

Just sayin.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    The more I read everyone's posts, it only confirms my belief that this team needs, with a few exceptions, a complete makeover.

SA's fixits have been more term ones.

It's exasperating to say the least.

MC can be positive in his approach, but if players don't produce, he has no choice but to get new ones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 05-04-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    I'd Rather Watch This Than The N.Y. Mets

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    From the little I've seen of Cecchini, he seems to have enough trouble reaching first base from the second base hole. By comparison. he makes Kaz Matsui's arm look like a rocket. Averaging 30 errors in the minors is troubling, especially taking into account that the action is much faster in the majors.

He can't play the left side of the infield. Neither can Flores. As it stands now, the Mets have 4 players who can play the left side of the infield: Todd Frazier, Amed Rosario, Asdrubel Cabrera, and Jose Reyes. Dead horse beating alert: If you're gonna get rid of Reyes you have to replace him with someone who can play third and short. Kind of unrealistic to expect their all-star caliber second baseman to be the only viable backup at short and third.

Just sayin.
    All of this is true and an indictment of Sandy's construction of this team. Unnecessary redundancy in some areas and barren cupboards in others.

Get rid of jose reyes
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

He is hitting 11 points higher than average NL pitchers, cut him some slack.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The entire team needs to be blown up and the farm system need be replenished...

That's the only way this team has a chance to compete with the Braves.

Why is Reyes still in a Mets uniform?

Guillorme is much better at this point.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Get rid of jose reyes
    Sadly, he needs to be cut.......
    I'd Rather Watch This Than The N.Y. Mets

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Jose Reyes sucks!

My boy Phillip is starting to rake. WTF isn't he here and WTF isn't Reyes gone?

WTF?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Jose Reyes needs to be CUT

Promoted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 05-16-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    My boy Phillip is starting to rake. WTF isn't he here and WTF isn't Reyes gone?

WTF?
    He was taking out of the lineup last night, looks like he is being promoted.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He was taking out of the lineup last night, looks like he is being promoted.
    Heard that too last night but until I learn he is on a plane headed for New York, I'm going to assume he was taken out because he pulled an oblique muscle, effectively ending his career as a professional baseball player.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast