Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Other than one of the coaches credited with developing him is the HC in Philly, but letís just roll past that one [emoji57]

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Other than one of the coaches credited with developing him is the HC in Philly, but letís just roll past that one [emoji57]
    I forgot not to talk about Sixers-related news with Warfelg. Clearly way too emotional with Sixers-related subjects. I could tell you why it's irrelevant but I guess we should credit Paul Silas for developing LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The fact that Kawhi is back in San Antonio now just makes it worse. Was it so hard to be there before? I'm sure they'll meet, but I'm definitely on the "he gets traded" side of predictions at this point.

Wondering what the Lakers will wind up shooting for this summer.

How much Durant will get...said he won't take pay cuts anymore.

Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins, lots of other free agents that could go somewhere exciting.

Don't know a lick about the draftees but what else is new.
    He's back because the team will be doing exit interviews, and he's there for Pop's wife's memorial services that are upcoming. I'm not surprised he wasn't there for the playoffs personally.

1. he was still rehabbing, and his focus was/has been to get 100%
    2. it would have likely been a distraction the team (or he) didn't want. not to say they didn't want his support, but it was important for them to be focused on just basketball and not deal w/other questions. I don't think Kawhi wanted to deal with that either.

It was reported that if Pop had returned to coach in Game 3 or 4, he would have flown back to be with the team & with Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I forgot not to talk about Sixers-related news with Warfelg. Clearly way too emotional with Sixers-related subjects. I could tell you why it's irrelevant but I guess we should credit Paul Silas for developing LeBron.
    Of course Boston is a great place to play for a lot of guys. Itís also going to be a challenge for them to get them.

The point was you donít think the coach that worked with him for a while and helped develop his game would be a great spot for him? Thereís a couple of great spots for him because of ties to the Spurs from when KL was rounding his game into shape.

So Bostonís a good place but at what cost? Is it worth it if it costs Boston Brown/Tatum (youth), Horford/Heyward (salary), and Picks (add to the youth)? Because then it would tie up cap, force them to have to sign Smart and or Rozier when the time comes, and go VM for centers and center depth. On the surface it makes them better because itís a top player, but it hurts things like depth and ability to defend size.

IMO Boston doesnít need a swing for the fences move anymore. Theyíve done that 3 straight off seasons. They need to tweak the edges and build with what they have.

And thatís not some anti-Boston or hate talk. Itís the truth. The cost and value to Boston to obtain Kawhi is too high.

PROCESSING

NEW GAME OF ZONES!

PROCESSING

NEW GAME OF ZONES!
    "Hunting for fowls, it's what I do."

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/05/...up-option.html

Jokicís agent trying to play hard-ball, get his client a max contract a year early. I like it, but it could be problematic given the consensus that only a few teams have a lot of cap space this summer compared to the next year. I donít even think the Nuggets have enough money to do it, since they already extended Harris and signed Millsap. Gonna look it up when I get home.

Do you think think this a smart play? I guess the agent is saying 1) not many teams can steal him away from you guys this summer so itís best to lock him up now, and 2) if you make him wait another year, heís not likely to stay.

At the end of the day, Nuggets have the leverage but I think theyíll mull it over first. I think Jokic is talented, but heís not emerged fully yet and I donít know if heís worth 4-5 years at a high salary!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    "Hunting for fowls, it's what I do."
    That's the line that got me really going. That and turning him into a Kardashian.

PROCESSING

Of course Boston is a great place to play for a lot of guys. Itís also going to be a challenge for them to get them.

The point was you donít think the coach that worked with him for a while and helped develop his game would be a great spot for him? Thereís a couple of great spots for him because of ties to the Spurs from when KL was rounding his game into shape.

So Bostonís a good place but at what cost? Is it worth it if it costs Boston Brown/Tatum (youth), Horford/Heyward (salary), and Picks (add to the youth)? Because then it would tie up cap, force them to have to sign Smart and or Rozier when the time comes, and go VM for centers and center depth. On the surface it makes them better because itís a top player, but it hurts things like depth and ability to defend size.

IMO Boston doesnít need a swing for the fences move anymore. Theyíve done that 3 straight off seasons. They need to tweak the edges and build with what they have.

And thatís not some anti-Boston or hate talk. Itís the truth. The cost and value to Boston to obtain Kawhi is too high.
    It was in reference to Kawhi replacing Hayward instead, though. I still think Kawhi on the Celtics would be legit because Stevens knows how to get a system going like Pop where players are all buying into the system. It's an easy transition for Kawhi. Plus, Kyrie would be looked at as the 1st option on that team because even though Kawhi is better, Kyrie's got that alpha personality and elite scoring ability. You respond back by saying Brett Brown is credited for Kawhi's growth.. Brett wasn't even any level of coach for the Spurs and he was only there for Kawhi's first two seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    It was in reference to Kawhi replacing Hayward instead, though. I still think Kawhi on the Celtics would be legit because Stevens knows how to get a system going like Pop where players are all buying into the system. It's an easy transition for Kawhi. Plus, Kyrie would be looked at as the 1st option on that team because even though Kawhi is better, Kyrie's got that alpha personality and elite scoring ability. You respond back by saying Brett Brown is credited for Kawhi's growth.. Brett wasn't even any level of coach for the Spurs and he was only there for Kawhi's first two seasons!
    So what's your proposed deal if Kawhi is replacing Hayward? Would it be legit if it costs them too much and they lose a lot around him that helps make Boston what they are right now?

And we know very little about Kawhi, so who's to say that he would want that? Maybe he wants to be some place that needs him, or wants him to take the lead offensively. Maybe he wants to be place where he would have a guy like Kyrie. Maybe he wants a place that has a strong system in place, maybe he wants to be at a place that's a little more free form.

So the comment of that's the best place for him because of the system he's coming from shouldn't be a given IMO. Just because of how little we know about him.

PROCESSING

I know itís SAS but today he proposed KL for KI swap.

I imagine Boston says yes in a heart beat. But for SAS it doesnít make a great deal of sense. SAS are giving up the better two way more versatile player. And on top of that they seem very happy with Murray at PG.

PROCESSING

I imagine Boston says yes in a heart beat. But for SAS it doesnít make a great deal of sense. SAS are giving up the better two way more versatile player. And on top of that they seem very happy with Murray at PG.
    Take it as you wish, but SA was reportedly interested in Kyrie but lacked the assets, since at the time the Kawhi-ghtmare hadnít started yet and outside of Leonard they couldnít offer much. I would agree with you, and even though Kawhi has proved himself as a quality and capable scorer, heís not Kyrieís level. Iím not the biggest fan of Kyrie especially his hero ball in the final game last year, but if Spurs fail to mend things with Leonard, if they can get Kyrie for him, I think theyíd do it. The other argument is that theyíd want some young players instead that show promise and good defense, but itís Kyrie, yíall. Ainge has shown that he is willing to make bold moves, so if Kyrieís knee looks suspect and the Spurs fail to reconcile with Leonard, itís possible. Celtics would no longer have a A+ score-first PG, and they are stacked at Kawhiís position. Just depends on if theyíre willing to trade Kyrie and like Tatum or Morris or someone similar to Kawhi for it to make sense, might even ask for Dejounte.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Take it as you wish, but SA was reportedly interested in Kyrie but lacked the assets, since at the time the Kawhi-ghtmare hadnít started yet and outside of Leonard they couldnít offer much. I would agree with you, and even though Kawhi has proved himself as a quality and capable scorer, heís not Kyrieís level. Iím not the biggest fan of Kyrie especially his hero ball in the final game last year, but if Spurs fail to mend things with Leonard, if they can get Kyrie for him, I think theyíd do it. The other argument is that theyíd want some young players instead that show promise and good defense, but itís Kyrie, yíall. Ainge has shown that he is willing to make bold moves, so if Kyrieís knee looks suspect and the Spurs fail to reconcile with Leonard, itís possible. Celtics would no longer have a A+ score-first PG, and they are stacked at Kawhiís position. Just depends on if theyíre willing to trade Kyrie and like Tatum or Morris or someone similar to Kawhi for it to make sense, might even ask for Dejounte.
    But you hint at another reason why I doubt SAS would do something like that....Kyrie's knee. You think after this, after the IT thing, that a GM and Coach as smart as RC and Pops would run a risk like that? I know there's risk taking on KL with his own injuries, but if the C's are so fast to move Kyrie like that I would be sending up red flags so fast questioning why they are so willing to do that.

PROCESSING

SA is going to be giving up the better two way more versatile player in any deal. KL is a top 5 player in the game. Realistically though, no one is going to offer a player better than Kyrie is now. So SA would be ďcurtting their lossesĒ so to speak. ďOk, we canít have a top 5 player because he doesnít want to be here. But we can lock in a top 15-20 guy through his prime.Ē (Obviously theyíd have to review medicals and talk extension to get a feel for that.)

All the rumors have been about Fultz, Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Ingram, Saric, Kuzma, etc. All super young and talented players. But thereís no guarantee theyíre ever as good as Kyrie, never mind KL. And their primes donít really line up with LMAís. With Kyrie and LMA youíd have a top duo over the next 3 years that Pop can work with.

That would be the SA rationale. I think theyíd be offered enough quality young talent that itís be worth going for youth though and taking the step back.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

See, I donít see RC and Pops being the type that care about the window for a single player; rather long term overall health of the franchise. Thatís why I personally think they would go with the youth.

Thereís the part I already covered of if Ainge is willing to turn around and trade Kyrie that quick, thatís really going on with the knee that frankly has been a problem his whole career? When teams willingly give up a guy that likes being there, but is injured, I have some red flags.

The last part I see, and covered, is the Spurs really like Murray. I get Kyrie is much better, but if they like a player, the move creates a hole elsewhere, and you donít have an easy way to fix it, then is the move worth it. So trading KL for Kyrie leaves a huge hole at SF, and they struggled there all year, so it would mean maybe trading Murray for a replacement at SF.

I think itís one of those suggestions that on the surface sounds great, but when you deep dive in the implications it doesnít really make sense for San Antonio.

PROCESSING

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast