Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    well he didnt play this season for mysterious reasons, he has 1 year left, the team has 0 leverage so i dont see how we would be the ones to give up a big haul when non of these other stars have gone for anything close to that kind of value (Fultz/Saric/Top 10 pick)
    You have to because other teams will offer more. Also Fultz played about as much as Leonard so if you're going to devalue Leonard for that reason you have to devalue Fultz for the same reason.

You'd be competing with offers from teams like BOS who could offer up Brown or Tatum + Rozier or Smart and SAC pick (top 10). That easily beats your offer.

LAL can offer a package around Ingram...As of right now Ingram > Fultz

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    You would have to renounce Redick if it was only Fultz and Saric. If Cov is included you wouldn't need to renounce Redick

Total cap of signed players - $70.5M
    (accounts for Embiid, Cov, Bayless, Fultz, Simmons, Saric, Anderson, Kork, Jolmes, TJ, TLC)

Cap holds are $44M for (Redick, Amir, Beli, Ily).

If you renounced everyone but Redick ($27.6M cap hold)...You'd have $98M in committed contracts on a $101M cap.

So if it were Fultz, Cov, Saric you can do it easily because those salaries would match. But just Fultz and Saric you'd be taking on $9M more but only having $3M to spare.
    Like I said you can stretch Bayless and create near $6mil in space. Holmes and TJ are non-guaranteed contracts so they could be let go easily. That creates another $9mil in space. That offsets what would come in with a net cap change of 0.

And with Beli and Illy it would be a risky move, but renounce Amir, Beli, Illy; sign JJ (if you think he's getting up to his cap hold your insane) to a 3 year $30 mil deal, and you got the space for Beli and Illy, and you can being in Vet Min guys beyond that.

You're making it sound a lot tougher to do that it really is. We can do all of this pretty easily without renouncing JJ, resigning him, and having space to spare.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    You have to because other teams will offer more. Also Fultz played about as much as Leonard so if you're going to devalue Leonard for that reason you have to devalue Fultz for the same reason.

You'd be competing with offers from teams like BOS who could offer up Brown or Tatum + Rozier or Smart and SAC pick (top 10). That easily beats your offer.

LAL can offer a package around Ingram...As of right now Ingram > Fultz
    we have no idea what anyone will offer. everyone makes these same assumptions with every star thats traded and non of the returns are close to what gets discussed.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    yea them too but Lakers suck and i dont see Leonard as an LA type guy but i guess you never know. He has been seeing the Sixers head Dr. or someone similar for months now, that seems almost like too much of a coincidence
    Leonard is a SoCal guy through and through (born and raised in the L.A. area and went to school in San Diego). Both the Lakers and Clippers could put together strong packages for him. I do think Philly would be a great fit though.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Leonard is a SoCal guy through and through (born and raised in the L.A. area and went to school in San Diego). Both the Lakers and Clippers could put together strong packages for him. I do think Philly would be a great fit though.
    Just because a player is from somewhere doesnít mean they want to play there.

PROCESSING

Itís all BS speculation until free agency starts..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Itís all BS speculation until free agency starts..
    Even after it does start Kawhi isn't a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    everyone should be pushing hard for him. i know very little about him other then hes a low maintenance, avoid the spotlight type of guy with a quiet demeanor. Doesnt seem like a NY or LA guy but NY has more appeal to play with KP there. I know Philly is major market too but Embiid loves the attention so he wouldnt have to worry as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Even after it does start Kawhi isn't a free agent.
    Never said he was... I donít see anything happening before then was the point I was making..

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Just because a player is from somewhere doesnít mean they want to play there.
    Lol. He said he "didn't seem like an L.A. guy". I'm pointing out the irony in that statement as he is literally the definition of an "L.A. guy" (one who chose to play in SoCal for college at that). That, and both teams have the assets to trade for him. You don't have to be all about the glitz and glamour to want to play in Los Angeles. It's his home, I'm sure it holds a special intrigue.

Truthfully though, I'd be a bit surprised if Kawhi was dealt at all at this point.

The fact that Kawhi is back in San Antonio now just makes it worse. Was it so hard to be there before? I'm sure they'll meet, but I'm definitely on the "he gets traded" side of predictions at this point.

Wondering what the Lakers will wind up shooting for this summer.

How much Durant will get...said he won't take pay cuts anymore.

Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins, lots of other free agents that could go somewhere exciting.

Don't know a lick about the draftees but what else is new.

I honestly believe he would fit in flawlessly on Utah. But we would rather wait for him to be a free agent rather than trade for him.

you dont have enough to trade for him anyway.

I can't think of a better place for Kawhi to play in than the Celtics, honestly. It would've been great if Celtics never signed Hayward (who I think is very overrated) because Kawhi with Brad Stevens IMO, works just as well with Pop. Brad Stevens has GOAT NBA coach potential. Dude is freaking 41 years old and coaches better than anyone in the league right now maybe outside Pop.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast