Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think "supposedly" is a better word than "apparently" ... since neither side is talking publicly everything is third hand at best.
    that works too
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Include LA & NY in that mix
    yea them too but Lakers suck and i dont see Leonard as an LA type guy but i guess you never know. He has been seeing the Sixers head Dr. or someone similar for months now, that seems almost like too much of a coincidence

If LBJ goes west..That leaves 2 legit, young ready to contend teams to run through the East. Boston, who will likely be quiet this summer and PHI who will likely look to make a splash (Leonard, George)

My ideal scenario - LBJ and George go to LAL
    West teams to dominate - GS, HOU, LAL
    East teams to dominate - BOS, PHI

Hopefully with George going to LAL, PHI would trade for KL (packaged around Fultz and picks)

Simmons, Embiid and Leonard big 3 competing with BOS Kyrie/Hayward/Horford/Brown/Tatum/Rozier. This would be gold for the NBA.

City of Champions

dont forget about the Homie, Saric!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    dont forget about the Homie, Saric!
    I think there's the assumption that he would be traded in that deal....then it's don't forget about RoCo.

PROCESSING

ill gladly forgot about Cov! Also no way we would traded both Saric and Fultz for a player with 1 year left on his deal, that would not be smart.

ill gladly forgot about Cov! Also no way we would traded both Saric and Fultz for a player with 1 year left on his deal, that would not be smart.
    If you're getting back a top 5 NBA player you're really going to say no to keep Saric? I like the guy but he's not good enough to stop a trade like that.

City of Champions

Here's the thing you may not have the option. A lot comes down to what other teams are packaging and offering. The Spurs could also say fvck off to all and keep him and make anyone who wants to sign him wait a year and have to offer less then they can. He's a legit top 5 player that can do it all. If he says he wants to be with your team you make it work. Saric and Fultz probably won't get it done. Both Boston and LA can offer comparable or better offers.

I'd assume SAS would want Fultz and one of Saric/Covington plus picks. SAS will push for Saric over Covington. To me, I'd still make that deal.

PHI doesn't have to match contracts because they'll likely be working under the cap. However to do that they'd have to renounce cap holds for Redick (who they will want back at a lower number) and Amir Johnson (who can walk or come back at a much lower number).

Fultz+Saric+picks for Leonard

PG Simmons/McConnell/Bayless
    SG Redick/Korkmaz/TLC
    SF Leonard/Anderson
    PF Covington/Holmes
    C Embiid/

Very solid team.

City of Champions

Your dislike of Cov is absurd.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I'd assume SAS would want Fultz and one of Saric/Covington plus picks. SAS will push for Saric over Covington. To me, I'd still make that deal.

PHI doesn't have to match contracts because they'll likely be working under the cap. However to do that they'd have to renounce cap holds for Redick (who they will want back at a lower number) and Amir Johnson (who can walk or come back at a much lower number).

Fultz+Saric+picks for Leonard

PG Simmons/McConnell/Bayless
    SG Redick/Korkmaz/TLC
    SF Leonard/Anderson
    PF Covington/Holmes
    C Embiid/

Very solid team.
    I would too. Heck I would do it if it cost us all three. And frankly, we wouldn't have to renounce Redick if we do things right. Trading Fultz+Saric would account for near $11 mil; KL makes $20 mil. That's only $9mil increase to our cap, and we already have max space this summer. We could still have roughly $21mil in space. Stretch Bayless and that's nearly $27mil in space.

PROCESSING

If you're getting back a top 5 NBA player you're really going to say no to keep Saric? I like the guy but he's not good enough to stop a trade like that.
    Agreed.

I would start with Fultz + Saric + 2019 PHI/SAC pick (it's still ours if it's #1), and tell them the LAL pick and Robert Covington aren't off the table.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I would too. Heck I would do it if it cost us all three. And frankly, we wouldn't have to renounce Redick if we do things right. Trading Fultz+Saric would account for near $11 mil; KL makes $20 mil. That's only $9mil increase to our cap, and we already have max space this summer. We could still have roughly $21mil in space. Stretch Bayless and that's nearly $27mil in space.
    You would have to renounce Redick if it was only Fultz and Saric. If Cov is included you wouldn't need to renounce Redick

Total cap of signed players - $70.5M
    (accounts for Embiid, Cov, Bayless, Fultz, Simmons, Saric, Anderson, Kork, Jolmes, TJ, TLC)

Cap holds are $44M for (Redick, Amir, Beli, Ily).

If you renounced everyone but Redick ($27.6M cap hold)...You'd have $98M in committed contracts on a $101M cap.

So if it were Fultz, Cov, Saric you can do it easily because those salaries would match. But just Fultz and Saric you'd be taking on $9M more but only having $3M to spare.

City of Champions

well he didnt play this season for mysterious reasons, he has 1 year left, the team has 0 leverage so i dont see how we would be the ones to give up a big haul when non of these other stars have gone for anything close to that kind of value (Fultz/Saric/Top 10 pick)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Your dislike of Cov is absurd.
    i more nothing him. hes ok, not gonna hurt one bit if we ever lose him.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast