Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    ^^ Get rid of Max contracts... No predetermined amounts, just straight negotiations and supply and demand.

Also use the what baseball uses. Qualifying Offers, if the player rejects it, then any team that signs him that has a top 15 pick, needs to forfeit that pick the sign the player.

If the pick is outside the top 15, they forfeit that pick and the following years draft pick where ever that may be.
    If you get rid of max contracts you need to get rid of guaranteed contracts too. While the superstars will certainly vote to get rid of the max I suspect you won't find many middle or worse players willing to accept that or the end of guaranteed contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I like to look at what's out there and say "I'd like x or y to join my team" but I see little point in all the bloviating about "THIS WILL HAPPEN" and all that stuff. That said, it's all about speculation and if you don't like it this just isn't the place to hang out in the offseason
    It's the mights and maybes that bug me really. I love the gossip too. I just find reporters are afraid to actually commit and use those words so that they're never truly wrong. They give headlines to generate clicks, and I understand why, it's just gotten to the point of ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Lebron with the ol injury excuse. What an attention seeking whore he is.
    But does anyone actually believe they win if his hand is healthy? Not only that, but it happens with many teams every year in every sport. We find out after they are eliminated that so and so was playing with an injury. Doesn't surprise me that Lebron was injured in some form.

PROCESSING

If you get rid of max contracts you need to get rid of guaranteed contracts too. While the superstars will certainly vote to get rid of the max I suspect you won't find many middle or worse players willing to accept that or the end of guaranteed contracts.
    No you don't, why would that mean the end of guaranteed contracts? Thats on the owners/GMs if they dish out a contract that they later regret.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Here it looks clearer. Definitely swollen hand. After that game 1 I saw his game change too, he was reluctant to shoot unlike the first game. Such a shame maybe we would be watching a Finals game tonight.
    Miami HEAT

I only post when it's playoffs time

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    No you don't, why would that mean the end of guaranteed contracts? Thats on the owners/GMs if they dish out a contract that they later regret.
    So why would the owners agree to get rid of the max?

Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    Here it looks clearer. Definitely swollen hand. After that game 1 I saw his game change too, he was reluctant to shoot unlike the first game. Such a shame maybe we would be watching a Finals game tonight.
    Such a shame Iguodala took a knee to his knee and missed those games. Such a shame JR Smith did a slide tackle on Klay so he played on 1 leg for the finals. Such a shame a surgeon screwed up Kerr's back surgery so he has to coach through migraines every day. Such a shame the players didn't want cap smoothing and allowed KD to go to the Warriors in the first place. Such a shame hand checking was outlawed. Such a shame the ABA ever added the 3 point shot. Such a shame Wilt was so dominant the 3 second rule was created. Maybe we'd be watching basketball being played by George Mikan IV and his team tonight.

What happened happened. When do we move on to next season?

Such a shame Iguodala took a knee to his knee and missed those games. Such a shame JR Smith did a slide tackle on Klay so he played on 1 leg for the finals. Such a shame a surgeon screwed up Kerr's back surgery so he has to coach through migraines every day. Such a shame the players didn't want cap smoothing and allowed KD to go to the Warriors in the first place. Such a shame hand checking was outlawed. Such a shame the ABA ever added the 3 point shot. Such a shame Wilt was so dominant the 3 second rule was created. Maybe we'd be watching basketball being played by George Mikan IV and his team tonight.

What happened happened. When do we move on to next season?
    Why are you so defensive? Did you take your pills? Classic Warriors fan with his passive aggressive stuff. GTFOH with that ******** I was just commenting the obvious about Lebron's hand, as an NBA fan it would have been amazing to get more games instead of this ****** Finals.

And lol at "JR doing a slide tackle" LMFAO!!

Oh btw I "move onto the next season" whenever I want since you obviously closed the NBA Finals thread without any reason and that tweet/post by warfelg was posted here.
    Miami HEAT

I only post when it's playoffs time

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Many people thought he was faking it to cover up for losing. This is clear proof he really was hurt.

They wouldíve lost anyway but it sucks that the best player in the world had an injury when he went against Goliath. But what you gonna do?

Owners and Players Association would have to agree on that. I doubt players would ever give up guarantee contracts. CBA isnít for another 5 years. Canít make any changes till then.

A shame Lebron couldnít control his emotions enough that it hurt his teams chances. MeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    Why are you so defensive? Did you take your pills? Classic Warriors fan with his passive aggressive stuff. GTFOH with that ******** I was just commenting the obvious about Lebron's hand, as an NBA fan it would have been amazing to get more games instead of this ****** Finals.

And lol at "JR doing a slide tackle" LMFAO!!

Oh btw I "move onto the next season" whenever I want since you obviously closed the NBA Finals thread without any reason and that tweet/post by warfelg was posted here.
    It was a joke ... I thought it was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Owners and Players Association would have to agree on that. I doubt players would ever give up guarantee contracts. CBA isnít for another 5 years. Canít make any changes till then.
    I agree. Which is why a hard cap isn't going to happen and max contracts are not going anywhere.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast