Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Humidor in Arizona too much?

THey have 9 HR at home through 12 games, good for 26th (Tied with 4).... Goldy no HR at home yet either.

I assume they can adjust this thing??

In a fg chat recently, the moderator mentioned there's a -1.5 mph exit velocity at Chase Field vs Dbacks on the road, so it is having a noticeable effect.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
    THey have 9 HR at home through 12 games, good for 26th (Tied with 4).... Goldy no HR at home yet either.

I think the moisture content is set by the league.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post

They should just use the humidor balls when they're pitching

Phoenix MC changes 24% from morning to afternoon averages 47% in the morning and 23% at 5PM), that's a lot of water weight in a ball that will start drying out as soon as its out of the humidor, MLB is setting the humidity at 50% and 70 degrees. I wonder what the rules are on how long a ball is out of the humidor before its used.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...balls-in-2018/

What do they keep the temperature and humidity at in the closed stadium. Remember hot humid air is actually less dense and the ball will travel farther vs. cold dry air. Maybe the AC taking temperature and humidity too low?? I am talking stadium conditions not ball humidor conditions.

Arizona has really dry air during April and May when the roof is open. Beyond that, the roof is pretty much closed until the end of the season when the weather heats up in June.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 05-06-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward