Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cavs in 4

3 10.34%
  • Cavs in 5

0 0%
  • Cavs in 6

9 31.03%
  • Cavs in 7

2 6.90%
  • Raptors in 4

1 3.45%
  • Raptors in 5

3 10.34%
  • Raptors in 6

5 17.24%
  • Raptors in 7

6 20.69%
Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

ECSF: Toronto Raptors [1] vs. Cleveland Cavaliers [4] Cavs win 4-0

VS.

All games in EST

Game 1 in Toronto: Tuesday, May 1, 8 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2 in Toronto: Thursday, May 3, 6 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 3 in Cleveland: Saturday, May 5, 8:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 4 in Cleveland: Monday, May 7, 8:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Toronto: Wednesday, May 9, TBD, TNT*

Game 6 in Cleveland: Friday, May 11, TBD, ESPN *

Game 7 in Toronto: Sunday, May 13, TBD

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Kevin Love
    PF: Jeff Green
    SF: Lebron James
    SG: Rodney Hood
    PG: George Hill

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Jonas Valanciunas
    PF: Serge Ibaka
    SF: Ogugua Anunoby
    SG: DeMar Derozan
    PG: Kyle Lowry

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

Air Canada Centre, Toronto

Raps in 6

I can’t bet against lebron. Cavs in 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I went with Cavs in 6. If it goes 7, I think Toronto will win. I think the only way the Cavs win this series is by stealing one of the first 2 games in Toronto, then winning all their home games.
    LeBron's taking out teams and collecting his infinity stones.

i need to see game 1 and how Cavs play outside of Bron. If they suck the way they did vs Pacers, this is over in 5 or 6 for Cavs. I'd like to say Cavs in 6 if they play their regular season ball but I'm leaning towards Cavs in 7.

Raps in 7. In the previous seasons I'd have laughed at myself for betting against Lebron but not this year. This is the Raptors only real shot at the Finals as long as Lebron stays in the East.

Raps in 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

cavs in 4. Yolo

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Raps in 4? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now that this thread is up, I'm wondering what happens first, 10k posts, or a trip to the Village

To the series:

I believe that Toronto wins this series in 6 games, a couple reasons why.

1. Kyle Lowry. He looks much better coming off the Wizards series, than he did vs Milwaukee a year ago. This season, he was pivotal in putting them away; last season he was one of the main reasons that the Raptors blew a 25 point lead in game 6 (which Derozan did save for the Raptors).

I would think that his confidence is higher than it was last season. Also include that the Cavs don't have Kyrie, who in both of the previous years, has been able to cause him problems/tire him out by running around the court.

2. The Cavs sharp shooting. In the sweep last season, Cleveland was unbelievably hot from beyond the arc. Lebron took hit 49% of his 27 3s last year, while Korver hit 55%, Frye hit 64% and JR hit 45%. Channing's gone, and the team doesn't seem to have the range they did as a whole last season (Frye's gone, Nance/Clarkson aren't great 3 point shooters). While it could happen again, it would seem to be most likely

3. The Bench/Defense. With Vanvleet back, the Raptors appeared a bit more calm in their second unit. If that second unit is going, then there really isn't another bench group that can stop them. They can continue on with their starters, but although Lebron is a god, it's likely the other guys (E.g. Love) will gas out.

The best bet for Toronto in this series would be to predominantly play Lebron 1v1 and stick to the other guys, as that's what kills us. It was shown this year, in one of the losses to Cleveland... he was scoring pretty frequently in the first half, but the Raptors were up big... but they started to send an extra guy at him in the second half, and Lebron would basically find the open man each time (I think he got like 15 assists and no TOs) in the comeback.

This is the worst Lebron led team since he got to the 2007 NBA finals (and it might possibly be worse than that). If the Raptors maintain composure, and make sure that they don't let their defense break, then this series should be theirs in 5 or 6 games.

This is the best shot for Toronto to take a Lebron James led team down (as well as get to the finals). In 2016, they possibly exceeded expectations by pushing that series to 6 games, and last season they heavily disappointed by getting swept in a series where many thought that the series would be extended and possibly go 7 games. If they can't get the job done in this series, then there will not be a way to dispute the label that the Raptors have right now (although might be a little premature) as playoff chokers.

They're the higher seed, they have HCA, much better team chemistry, and they're against Lebron James on a team with a bunch of guys who don't really fit his game, and lack overall chemistry. If they can't get by this season, then they'll become the George led Indiana Pacers of the mid 2010s, where they kept playing Lebron's Heat; battled them in a few playoff series, finally got Home Court against them (and a weakened Heat team), but in the end, they choked and couldn't get the job done.

It'll be interesting to see how the Raptors react if they lose one of the first home games in Toronto. Cause it might be a good indication on how this series is going to go.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Some Heat fans having fun in the polls

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Could see it playing out like:

G1 @ Toronto- Raps win 1-0

G2 @ Toronto- Raps win 2-0

G3 @ Cleveland- Cavs win 2-1

G4 @ Cleveland- Raps win 3-1

G5 @ Toronto- Cavs win 3-2

G6 @ Cleveland- Raps win 4-2

Cavs are just a bad team. I know what TT did in G7 against Indiana, but he's still wrapped up in all that Kardashian drama and I doubt we'll see that him again. Just can't ignore how bad Cavs interior defense is and I can see Toronto's slashers having a field day all series long. Wouldn't surprise me if this went 5 TBH.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    **** this is tough. Were deeper than Indy, but Its so hard to bet against LBJ . If the raps dont win games 1 and 2 Im going with Cleveland. I wanted to play Indy, Lebron is terrifying.
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

Raptors in 6. LeBron will have to go beyond Supernova to win this. He sounds so exhausted after G7. I think this Cavs team is a lot worse than people realize.

The Truth Hurts.

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast