Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2018 Playoffs Round 2: Rockets vs. Jazz

With the series starting this afternoon, it's time for a new thread. As I said in the general NBA forum, I just don't see this one going more than five games max. Utah just doesn't have enough weapons offensively to be a serious threat, especially with Rubio likely missing a good chunk of the series and Mbah a Moute possibly coming back.

Donovan Mitchell is obviously the wild card here, but he completely went off on Friday night, and Utah still barely won against a mess of an OKC team. I just don't think he's enough. They're going to need contributions from a lot more guys, and I don't see Ingles, Crowder or Gobert consistently dropping 18-20 a night.

I'm actually going to Game 1 today, which will be my first ever in-person playoff game. I'm pretty excited and look forward to what will hopefully be a comfortable Game 1 victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

This was more like the regular season tonight. By halftime the game was over. Would have liked to have seen them blow them out more, but the game was never even remotely close to becoming close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting on that Rockets vs Warriors series as if it is like 2002 Lakers vs Kings.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Hope you had fun at the game, MBT.

The effort by the Rockets in the second half was pathetic. Definitely a little concerning, if you ask me. The Jazz didn't do themselves any favors, but they could've easily come back. At one point, they were down by 13, I think, and they had like 3 TOs playing 5 on 4.

Good thing that we have that bearded guy.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Hope you had fun at the game, MBT.

The effort by the Rockets in the second half was pathetic. Definitely a little concerning, if you ask me. The Jazz didn't do themselves any favors, but they could've easily come back. At one point, they were down by 13, I think, and they had like 3 TOs playing 5 on 4.

Good thing that we have that bearded guy.
    Yeah, the overall game was great, but that second half was a little alarming. When they cut it to 11 in the 4th I started to get concerned. Paul started off so hot, but he was legitimately awful in that second half and Gordon was flat out terrible the whole game.

The silver lining is that at least they came out of the gate on fire and we didn't have to sweat like we did during the Minnesota series. But they have got to play a more complete basketball game than that.

And, yeah, Harden was a monster. Scoring was coming very easily for him yesterday, and his step back jumper is looking great right now.

Yeah I think the rockets haven't maximized the potential they have. The 50 point quarter was just a sniff. The Rockets when they are all on can dominate any team with shooting, even Golden State. They are just built like an offensive machine.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2008 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)

I hope we sweep this series and give the guys some good rest.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2008 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Yeah I think the rockets haven't maximized the potential they have. The 50 point quarter was just a sniff. The Rockets when they are all on can dominate any team with shooting, even Golden State. They are just built like an offensive machine.
    What I do like so far is how Capela has played so far in the playoffs and how the defense picked up last game with Mbah a Moute back. Capela has gone up against Karl Anthony Towns and now one game against Gobert, and Capela has been winning those battles. Not bad when your third best player can outduel arguably the other team's best player. Clint's going to be the X factor against Golden State.

Hi guys,
    My thinking is Rockets beat Utah in 5, and then on too Golden State. Not to look past Utah, but the Rockets should be able to handle their business. The warriors are going to bring that *** cheek D. Thatís what worries me a little. Can the Rockets handle that pressure and not turn the ball over??

And yes, the Rockets still have to keep the foot on the gas and close teams out. Thatís not going to work against the Warriors
    The Warriors are good also because they snatch players hearts out of their chest. Rockets need to practice getting through the Warriors style of screening. Also, keys to victory are being very physical and having better energy/intensity

Rockets canít let Draymond bully them neither

Anyhow, Iím sure everyone in the Rockets organization probably understand what needs to be done

Letís go Rockets!!
    This game is really tight right now heading into the fourth. Lot of missed shots. Rockets not shooting good tonight. Need to catch fire 🔥

James coming in right now to close

Not a good game for the Rockets so far. I find it really puzzling how much time Gordon is getting out there this half. He has played awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordon has been awful. Paul was awful tonight. I don't understand playing with no rim protection to close the game. Puzzling. Unfortunately PJ missed a couple of wide open threes that could have changed the outcome of the game, but he played hard all game, and he was probably our second best player tonight anyway.

Apparently the gameplan included living with Ingles open on the 3-point line. Not a lot you can do when they're getting that many open looks, and making them.

Our home crowd isnít awful. So quiet and so empty in the arena. Not much of a home court advantage tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Texan_Rocket View Post
    Our home crowd isnít awful. So quiet and so empty in the arena. Not much of a home court advantage tbh
    I've always wondered why that's a case. I've never been to a Rockets game. Never even been to Texas. But when I watch the games on during the regular season, it looks like no one is in attendance. There are so many empty seats.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast