Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jazz in 4

0 0%
  • Jazz in 5

0 0%
  • Jazz in 6

2 20.00%
  • Jazz in 7

0 0%
  • Rockets in 4

0 0%
  • Rockets in 5

4 40.00%
  • Rockets in 6

4 40.00%
  • Rockets in 7

0 0%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

WCSF: [1] Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz [5] Rockets lead 3-1

The fourth quarter was his first 20 point quarter in his career, and heís also only had one turnover in the last three games. Dude wants this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    The fourth quarter was his first 20 point quarter in his career, and heís also only had one turnover in the last three games. Dude wants this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should make for an exciting series next round given Houstonís fairy tale season. If Houston loses though then that will be a massive collapse and certain stars will be exposed. There is no reason for Houston to not be able to win this series or even take it to 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He's suddenly a far different player now according to some
    he's lucky Rubio got hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Donovan Mitchell is going to be unreal.
    CP3 wanted that win so badly.
    I hope Iím wrong next round but I donít really see it.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Should make for an exciting series next round given Houstonís fairy tale season. If Houston loses though then that will be a massive collapse and certain stars will be exposed. There is no reason for Houston to not be able to win this series or even take it to 7 games.
    Lol, nope. Warriors are still big time favored. Stop tredig-ing us. ďMassive collapseĒ? You need to change Houston to Golden State in those sentences, bro.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 05-09-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Congrats to Houston. They were just by far the better team. Good game plan and Paul was spectacular this series. Should be a really good WCF.

i would have really loved to see the end of that gave with Donnovan Mitchell. Not that in the big picture it would have mattered but once he went down, it just felt like the game was over

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Donovan Mitchell is going to be unreal.
    CP3 wanted that win so badly.
    I hope Iím wrong next round but I donít really see it.

Lol, nope. Warriors are still big time favored. Stop tredig-ing us. ďMassive collapseĒ? You need to change Houston to Golden State in those sentences, bro.
    Yeah, no one is really expecting this series to go more than 5 games. I don't think the Rockets can have a massive collapse or whatever, unless Harden or Paul just play absolutely awful. If the Rockets can make it a 6-7 game series, that appears to be enough of an achievement for most people.

I think some people are underestimating the Rockets perhaps just due to their style of play. Iso-ball doesn't look very nice a lot of the time. But it's been a very efficient offense for the Rockets. Houston is turning the ball over at by far the lowest rate this postseason (9.7 turnovers per game), and had the 10th least turnovers in the regular season. Golden State was tied for the 3rd most turnovers.

I mean even two games ago when Harden had 8 turnovers the Rockets only had 13 total as a team. Because Harden and Paul dominate the ball, it puts the ball in the hands of the team's best decision makers almost all of the time. The Rockets looks disinterested with a lack of energy sometimes, but that's not their style of play on offense. They just have one guy dribble the ball of 90% of the possession while the other guys just stand in the same spot. They looks careless with the basketball at times, but again, it only really falls on Harden or Paul.

You hear a lot of commentators say how the Jazz and T-Wolves needed to get more fast break points, because you should be able to against the Rockets, but I just don't think the Rockets really play that type of offense even though they put up a lot of points. The Rockets were 14th in the league in pace this season.
    Last edited by Driven; 05-09-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What is up with this weird trend of Warriors fans significantly downplaying their own team like they aren't one of the all-time great teams in NBA history and didn't destroy the rest of the NBA in the playoffs a season ago? It makes no sense to me. If it were me and my team had accomplished everything the Warriors have the last few years, I would absolutely expect my team to win it all again.

That being said, I have high expectations for Houston, too. I don't just want them to "have a good showing" or "take it to 6 or 7 games." I want a freaking NBA championship, and that's my expectation for this team. If they fail to do that, it will be a disappointment. I don't care about everything the Warriors have accomplished. This Houston team has proven it can beat them in the regular season, and they're built to beat them in the playoffs. Go out and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

The one encouraging thing I can say about this Rockets team is, that in the playoffs, they havenít clicked on a cylinders for a whole game.

Harden has a huge night, everyone else is meh

Paul huge night, Harden, meh

Harden and Paul have good games, Gordon and the bench canít hot shots

Capela has a huge night, rest of the team is average.

If Harden, Paul, and Gordon are hitting, this team can beat the Warriors in 7. Gordon has been awful, and when that shot starts to fall, this team is scary.

Btw Harden has been bad from the 3 as well. I donít see that being the case this series.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    What is up with this weird trend of Warriors fans significantly downplaying their own team like they aren't one of the all-time great teams in NBA history and didn't destroy the rest of the NBA in the playoffs a season ago? It makes no sense to me. If it were me and my team had accomplished everything the Warriors have the last few years, I would absolutely expect my team to win it all again.

That being said, I have high expectations for Houston, too. I don't just want them to "have a good showing" or "take it to 6 or 7 games." I want a freaking NBA championship, and that's my expectation for this team. If they fail to do that, it will be a disappointment. I don't care about everything the Warriors have accomplished. This Houston team has proven it can beat them in the regular season, and they're built to beat them in the playoffs. Go out and do it.
    my guess is the 73-9 season, where you would think they would roll, but almost lost to the KD/Russ OKC and lost to Lebron

plus the team kind of limped into the post season, its just they are so loaded and there first 2 matchups were very favorable, this has been kind of practice to get Steph back up to speed and the chemistry right for the 2 most important series, this one and "potentially" the finals

plus the Rockets are loaded man. Normally I would say, Harden would choke because thats just history, but he doesnt need to do it alone anymore, they actually play D now (at least when they are hot on O they look REALLY good on D and can put up 10 points before you blink)

its going to be fun. My biggest concern for your Rockets is when games are tight, the Rockets are slightly easier to defend because of their propensity to go ISO with either Harden or Paul while GSW can have open up its team with movement

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

You can thank LeBron. Warriors fans (mostly) are cocky little goofs who think their **** donít stink but they remembered being up 3-1 with a head full of championship dreams that were dashed by LBJ and Kyrie. So now that thereís a fighting chance for another team, these ****ing bozos have to build the other team up while bringing their own team down just a few years after saying that they had the greatest team ever assembled and then added KD.

Itís like if their girlfriend or wife cheated on them and now everything is back to being good again.........until she ďhas drinksĒ with her co-workers after work one night and their collective minds start to wonder.....

LeBron had them shook. Itís pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You can thank LeBron. Warriors fans (mostly) are cocky little goofs who think their **** donít stink but they remembered being up 3-1 with a head full of championship dreams that were dashed by LBJ and Kyrie. So now that thereís a fighting chance for another team, these ****ing bozos have to build the other team up while bringing their own team down just a few years after saying that they had the greatest team ever assembled and then added KD.

Itís like if their girlfriend or wife cheated on them and now everything is back to being good again.........until she ďhas drinksĒ with her co-workers after work one night and their collective minds start to wonder.....

LeBron had them shook. Itís pretty funny.
    You can see it in all their posts. I haven't seen one Warriors fan on here that likes LeBron. They hate him with a passion and are still clearly hurting from 2016 - it's pretty hilarious.
    LeBron's taking out teams and collecting his infinity stones.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    he's lucky Rubio got hurt
    Cp3 would've played through it

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    my guess is the 73-9 season, where you would think they would roll, but almost lost to the KD/Russ OKC and lost to Lebron

plus the team kind of limped into the post season, its just they are so loaded and there first 2 matchups were very favorable, this has been kind of practice to get Steph back up to speed and the chemistry right for the 2 most important series, this one and "potentially" the finals

plus the Rockets are loaded man. Normally I would say, Harden would choke because thats just history, but he doesnt need to do it alone anymore, they actually play D now (at least when they are hot on O they look REALLY good on D and can put up 10 points before you blink)

its going to be fun. My biggest concern for your Rockets is when games are tight, the Rockets are slightly easier to defend because of their propensity to go ISO with either Harden or Paul while GSW can have open up its team with movement
    Harden has choked coming off the bench tho

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Harden has choked coming off the bench tho
    you mean last night or in the finals?

First Sim League Title!

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast