Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jazz in 4

0 0%
  • Jazz in 5

0 0%
  • Jazz in 6

2 20.00%
  • Jazz in 7

0 0%
  • Rockets in 4

0 0%
  • Rockets in 5

4 40.00%
  • Rockets in 6

4 40.00%
  • Rockets in 7

0 0%
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

WCSF: [1] Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz [5] Rockets win 4-1

VS.

All games in EST

Game 1 in Houston: Sunday, April 29, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 2 in Houston: Wednesday, May 2

Game 3 in Salt Lake City: TBD

Game 4 in Salt Lake City: TBD

Game 5 in Houston: TBD (if necessary)

Game 6 in Salt Lake City: TBD (if necessary)

Game 7 in Houston: TBD (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Rudy Gobert
    PF: Derrick Favors
    SF: Joe Ingles
    SG: Donovan Mitchell
    PG: Ricky Rubio* (Out up to 10 days)

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Clint Capela
    PF: PJ Tucker
    SF: Trevor Ariza
    SG: James Harden
    PG: Chris Paul

Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City

Toyota Center, Houston

rockets in 6 or 7... utah defense will give the rockets fits at times but i dont see Mitch sustaining what he did last series.... the rockets arent as good as their record indicates but they are plenty good for this series.

Rubio will be missed for the first few games or so. They need his defense on the Rox backcourt players.

Mitchell is the real deal. I am rooting for him to sustain his play. He appears to embrace these big moments/games.

Probably Rox in 5 or 6.

With Rubio down this could be a sweep.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

I'm going to Game 1 today! This is my first ever in-person playoff game, so I'm pretty stoked.

As for the series, I just don't see Utah as a legitimate challenge. They don't have the offensive firepower to keep up with Houston over seven games, especially if Rubio is out. And with the Rockets probably getting Mbah a Moute back, they'll be firing on all cylinders. I'd honestly be legitimately surprised if this went more than five games. The Rockets were 4-0 against the Jazz this season, and every single win was by double digits. Granted, three of those wins came early in the season in 2017.

Similarly to the Wolves' series, I think Utah will pull one out at home with its stars stepping up thanks to a great home court crowd. But I don't think they win any more games after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Have fun at the game boss tone!

Rockets in 5. Jazz get 1 of the games in Utah but that's it. Rockets are the far better team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

WCSF: [1] Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz [5]

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm going to Game 1 today! This is my first ever in-person playoff game, so I'm pretty stoked.

As for the series, I just don't see Utah as a legitimate challenge. They don't have the offensive firepower to keep up with Houston over seven games, especially if Rubio is out. And with the Rockets probably getting Mbah a Moute back, they'll be firing on all cylinders. I'd honestly be legitimately surprised if this went more than five games. The Rockets were 4-0 against the Jazz this season, and every single win was by double digits. Granted, three of those wins came early in the season in 2017.

Similarly to the Wolves' series, I think Utah will pull one out at home with its stars stepping up thanks to a great home court crowd. But I don't think they win any more games after that.
    Awesome Bosstone. Iíll be rooting for the Jazz but will definitely be happy for you if the Rockets win. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Rooting for the Rockets so the Warriors can play them in the wcf. But I truly think Utah has a chance in this series. They need Rubio though. Hopefully he can come back by game 2 or 3 at the latest

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Rooting for the Rockets so the Warriors can play them in the wcf. But I truly think Utah has a chance in this series. They need Rubio though. Hopefully he can come back by game 2 or 3 at the latest
    they said 10 days- looks like the jazz are packing it in. the series could be over in 10 days. in the playoffs if it isnt a paul george or kevin ware level injury- you gotta play through the pain... games are just too important .... besides, everyone else is banged up too and theyre playing

You canít expect Rubio to just fight through this injury and play

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    they said 10 days- looks like the jazz are packing it in. the series could be over in 10 days. in the playoffs if it isnt a paul george or kevin ware level injury- you gotta play through the pain... games are just too important .... besides, everyone else is banged up too and theyre playing
    YEa dude below you is right. Although I agree with you...

you already know that a hamstring injury in basketball is a painful thing. You must be able to run jump and shoot and your hamstring is one of the most important muscles for those things. Who knows if he can actually walk straight right now.

But there is no time for caution. If he can walk or run then he needs to play

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

Have fun! I was lightly considering flying and going to a game in the conference finals or finals if they make it, but I doubt it happens. Should be a fun game to go to today

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    this is a really silly comment on so many different levels. as for the series we have no chance without rubio. Our defense will be better because Royce is a better defender then rubio, but our offense will simply be Mitchell and that is not good enough against the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    this is a really silly comment on so many different levels. as for the series we have no chance without rubio. Our defense will be better because Royce is a better defender then rubio, but our offense will simply be Mitchell and that is not good enough against the Rockets.
    Like I said- the jazz are throwing out the white flag... packing it in. Otherwise they wouldnt say rubio is out 10 days... theyd see how he progresses day to day

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    You canít expect Rubio to just fight through this injury and play

right- but you could treat it and see how it is day to day.... not just say hes out for 10 days when you dont know how he will feel in 3-5 days

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast