Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Really thought we'd go Goedert but Gesicki really fits what Gase likes. Absolute athletic freak and fits the Y-Iso player we desperately need. He offers very little in terms of blocking but Gase has clearly shown he doesn't care about that even though we ask our #1 TE to block more than any TE in the NFL.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Rotoworld usually doesn't say much good about Miami, so this is pretty encouraging

Dolphins selected Penn State TE Mike Gesicki with the No. 42 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Gesicki (6’6/247) was a three-year starting tight end, logging a 129/1,481/11.5/15 career receiving line and dropping just 2-of-59 catchable targets in 2017 (PFF). Gesicki’s stock exploded at the Combine, where he tested as a 99th-percentile SPARQ athlete with 4.54 speed, a springy 41 ˝-inch vertical, and a twitchy 6.76 three-cone time. A star high school volleyball and basketball player with 34 1/8-inch arms, Gesicki is a dangerous seam-stretching and red-zone threat who struggles as a blocker. With only MarQueis Gray ahead of him, Gesicki should be a Week 1 starter.
    Sounds a lot like Jimmy Graham

That's the comp most people have given. Hes not a guy that will consistently create separation underneath but hes just a massive threat in the Red Zone.

So far so good.

dude is a monster! we don't need him to block one on one. He can block tandem with one of the OT in the run game. He will be a red zone nightmare. Dude's highpoint is just ridiculous. really high upside pick here. Like you said, could be the next Graham. our team is getting quicker. I like it.

As predicted they go TE in the 2nd and what I saw from Gesicki in his games vs Michigan was good stuff. Was one of the TEs I wanted so i'm happy with it. This regime in charge making picks seems to like big school guys over small school guys, they have not taken a single one since they have been in charge. Something to keep in mind for later in the draft.

From Cynthia Frelund

hey #Dolphins fans, I am writing up your TE as a top 5 value and his Red Zone stats are awesome... RZ catch rate of >89%... uhh that's amazing (#1 among WRs, RBs and TEs in my sample) #nfldraft @MiamiDolphins

Oh he is stupid in the red zone, 6'6 with a 41 inch vert. Good luck trying to cover that in the endzone.

I am excited that we finally have a TE that could be a factor in the offense.

So here's the game plan for the offense this year.

Tons of versatility so we can adapt week to week. Use the quick, smaller WR's to get you down the field and consistently move the ball. Then you use the two new giants TE's to score in the Red Zone. Gesicki is a freak but he's never really been a big play guy so I don't expect him to be running down the field all the time.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Kind of feel like we went the Eagles way with a catching threat (Ertz) and more pure blocker (Burton). Of course they're older and refined and developed their games, to the point that Ertz can sorta block and Burton is more than just a blocker/Fasano type dude. Hope our TE's turn into something similar.
    BRUH

Been loving all of the stuff that I've been reading and seeing on Gesicki. Saw this info from a tweet/write up on him:

At the 2018 combine, Gesicki was perhaps the best overall performer as he led his position in the bench press (23 reps), vertical jump (41.5 inches), broad jump (10-9), three-cone drill (6.72), 20-yard shuttle (4.10), and 60-yard shuttle (11.33), while tying for fastest time in the 40-yard dash with a 4.54.

TE @mikegesicki at the @NFLCombine: ✔️ Taller than Calvin Johnson ✔️ Stronger than Donald Penn ✔️ Faster than Antonio Brown ✔️ Jumps higher than Odell Beckham Jr.

It's hard to be too upset with any of that info.

I think he's the pick I am most excited about. Very interested to see how he develops through the year. Does he hit a rookie wall, or develop more chemistry with his QB and a feel for the NFL game as the year wears on?