Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Leafs 2018 Offseason Thread

The draft. Free agency. Trades. Pending contract issues. How will the Leafs offseason go? What's your wish list? What moves will other teams make? If a tree falls in the woods and nob.. Anyways all the offseason news here. Share your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    The draft. Free agency. Trades. Pending contract issues. How will the Leafs offseason go? What's your wish list? What moves will other teams make? If a tree falls in the woods and nob.. Anyways all the offseason news here. Share your thoughts.
    Trade Matthews for Doughty cause he dissappeared.

Seriously though thanks for startin this. I don't want to see that Bruins/Leafs thread anymore. Anyway we can sticky this one now?

Consider it stickied.

What do you guys think about trading Gardner and signing Carlson?Signing Bozak for under 3 mil?Trading nylander?wonder if a team with cap would take martin for a draft pick...

Quote Originally Posted by leafswin2011 View Post
    What do you guys think about trading Gardner and signing Carlson?Signing Bozak for under 3 mil?Trading nylander?wonder if a team with cap would take martin for a draft pick...
    Trading Gardiner yes, signing Carlson yes. It's a lateral move really but you get a right shot in your top 4 that can play.

Bozak under $3M: Not happening. a 40-50 point center that wins 50-55% of the draws, especially in a thin center market can get anywhere from $5.5-6.5M on the open market. We got Kadri signed after a bad year and got lucky there. Bozie is as good as gone. Not saying he's worth that much but look at the contracts guys like Ribeiro, Weiss, Nielsen got in FA at certain points.

Trading Nylander: HELL NO!! This is stupid. Guy is just 21 years old going into next season, and is an elite talent. We're lucky enough to have 3 of these guys and while he may end up being the least talented of the 3, these aren't guys you move. Sure he struggled at times but trading him would be worse than moving Steen back in the day.

Martin trade: yes, no longer serves a purpose here. think the Islanders take him back for a late pick or pick upgrade.

Leafs sign 26 year old Swedish centre Par Lindholm. Played for Skelleftea last year. 47 points in 49 games.

Leafs sign 26 year old Swedish centre Par Lindholm. Played for Skelleftea last year. 47 points in 49 games.
    3rd/4th line C next year? The Canucks were after him too. He's described as a smart, competitive player with skating issues. I don't think he is a PPG in the NHL or SHL next year but he seems like a consistent 15 goal scorer per 50 games.

Matthews - Kadri - Altonen - Lindholm down the middle next year?

There is also a false report that he is 5'10, according to the Swedish Olympic roster he is 6'2'' 198lbs

Also, Valiev is going to the KHL. Wonder if Lou knew
    Last edited by OptiMized; 04-30-2018 at 11:49 AM. Reason: forgot "don't"

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    3rd/4th line C next year? The Canucks were after him too. He's described as a smart, competitive player with skating issues. I don't think he is a PPG in the NHL or SHL next year but he seems like a consistent 15 goal scorer per 50 games.

Matthews - Kadri - Altonen - Lindholm down the middle next year?

There is also a false report that he is 5'10, according to the Swedish Olympic roster he is 6'2'' 198lbs

Also, Valiev is going to the KHL. Wonder if Lou knew
    Valiev was traded to Montreal in the Plekanec deal. Aaltonen and Lindholm as 3/4 centres next season is kinda sketchy. I really hope we add a better centre or maybe Nylander plays there full time next season.

Leafs just announced Lou Lamorriello won't return as GM next season. Dubas? Hunter? Somebody else? I thought they would keep Lou on to negotiate Matthews, Marner and Nylanders new deals.

Leafs just announced Lou Lamorriello won't return as GM next season. Dubas? Hunter? Somebody else? I thought they would keep Lou on to negotiate Matthews, Marner and Nylanders new deals.
    I expect Dubas. Lou probably is taking an advisory role if anything because he is older and still has something to offer.

Valiev was traded to Montreal in the Plekanec deal. Aaltonen and Lindholm as 3/4 centres next season is kinda sketchy. I really hope we add a better centre or maybe Nylander plays there full time next season.
    Ya i know, i meant maybe Lou knew that before the trade so it wasn't much of a loss aside from that 2nd round pick with Valiev leaving the NHL and Rychel being question mark

Shanahan announces Lou Lam will not be GM next year the day after Brian Burke steps down from the Flames...

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Shanahan announces Lou Lam will not be GM next year the day after Brian Burke steps down from the Flames...
    If the Leafs hire Burke again that might end my run as a Leafs fan lol.

I'm sure Burke wants back in lol.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Carolina terminated Ron Francis' contract today so there's another name out there. He drafted a good D core in Carolina.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast