Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    They are not looking for a 80 catch guy I already explained that. The idea is to give dak better options all over the field. They want to spread the ball around more. Seems like Gallup could be a good fit in that type of scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    They are not looking for a 80 catch guy I already explained that. The idea is to give dak better options all over the field. They want to spread the ball around more. Seems like Gallup could be a good fit in that type of scheme.
    They are definitely not looking for an 80 catch guy. They are going to double up on the run and spread the field with precise route runners. They said that Austin will be moved to RB and will fill the role that Dunbar had a couple years ago. So he’ll be used to run a lot of jet sweeps and catching passes out of the backfield. They loaded up on the OL and are basically going to run the hell out of the ball this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Supposedly almost no one at the Cowboys knew he was going to retire. Potentially waited for the last minute to basically screw them for what they did to Dez.

Had just gotten a restructure bonus in March.
    I don’t know, I had heard about this a couple weeks before the draft so they had to have had some idea of this possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I don’t know, I had heard about this a couple weeks before the draft so they had to have had some idea of this possibility.

One of the local radio guys (Ben from Ben & Skin) has been saying this for about 2 weeks. I think Jerry was the only one caught off guard. He didn’t think Witten would actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    It's not n either or situation. Dez ain't there anyone either. And you bring in a rookie blocking TE in on day 3 to replace Witten? I think you're kidding yourself if you think you guys are in better shape than last year.
    From a pass catching perspective they are in a far worse situation obviously.

The offense should be better overall with having a real guard and depth at O-Line and not dealing with missing Zeke to suspension for a third of the season.

I don’t agree with the first round pick really. I wanted DJ Moore or a trade up to grab Derwin when he fell made the most sense to me.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yikes. Just because Romo turned out to be a good color commentator doesn't mean any former player will.

If I were him I'd take that gig though. It won't be available next year.
    You will be surprised. He has a weekly segment on local sports radio here in Dallas and he is brilliant in his analysis and knowledge of the game. I think he will be an excellent color commentator.

So the Cowboys signed UDFA David Wells, blocking TE from San Diego State's #1 rushing offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    One of the local radio guys (Ben from Ben & Skin) has been saying this for about 2 weeks. I think Jerry was the only one caught off guard. He didn’t think Witten would actually do it.
    and Garrett apparently thinks he can talk him out of it
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm curious if this is his reaction to Dez Bryant release. Because this was so out of nowhere. It kind of seemed like he felt there was no loyalty with Jones so he wasn't going to keep his word either

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and Garrett apparently thinks he can talk him out of it
    They’re both idiots. Witten is gone. He’d be a fool to turn down that tv gig.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm curious if this is his reaction to Dez Bryant release. Because this was so out of nowhere. It kind of seemed like he felt there was no loyalty with Jones so he wasn't going to keep his word either
    I’d say it played no role in Witten decision. If you read the posts here you’ll see that this wasn’t out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I’d say it played no role in Witten decision. If you read the posts here you’ll see that this wasn’t out of left field.
    But was it out of right or center?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    But was it out of right or center?
    Other than Jerry and to some of the fans it wasn’t really a surprise to anyone. He interviewed for the job a couple weeks ago and pretty much everyone knew there was a chance he’d be offered the job and that he’d take it. Jerry just didn’t think he’d take it for some reason. They’re offering him $4 mil a year for the tv gig. He’d be a fool not to take it. Especially since he has young kids.

Not sure why he would pass it up? Finish 3rd in the division or sit on tv making dough and saving his brain. Seems like an easy choice.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not sure why he would pass it up? Finish 3rd in the division or sit on tv making dough and saving his brain. Seems like an easy choice.
    I think they're just dragging it out a little bit to give the impression that Witten didn't abandon ship at the first opportunity of a lucrative TV gig.

That's not what a hard hat, lunch pail kind of guy would do.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast