Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1st Round Pick 11: Minkah Fitzpatrick S Alabama

I'm beyond hyped

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Me likes.

Saban has talked so highly of Minkah and he's easily one of the smartest players in the draft. He's got so much athletic ability and can play the center field position we've been missing for years. This immediately fixes the TE problem we've had for what seems like forever.

I liked James and Edmunds but the weren't the exact fits that we needed. Even though I think both of them have upside through the roof Minkah is the best fit for not only the field but the locker-room. There's a story about Minkah sitting on the sideline physically upset that he missed an assignment late in a blowout game.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I loved Edmunds but he has very sub par instincts and being the athlete he is it didn't show that bad in college but it hurts in the NFL. It was James or Fitz ontop for me but Fitz is the better fit for FS IMO and Bama guys are always safe picks.

I would of been happy with either Fitzpatrick or Edmunds.

I wonder if Rosen was available would they of taken Rosen over Fitzpatrick?

Theres been multiple people reporting that the team wouldn't have taken Rosen if he was there. Makes you wonder if it was more about the QB available or the interest was really just a smokescreen. Although Grier did say that they tried to move up.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Theres been multiple people reporting that the team wouldn't have taken Rosen if he was there. Makes you wonder if it was more about the QB available or the interest was really just a smokescreen. Although Grier did say that they tried to move up.
    I wonder for who... maybe Chubb, once he fell?

Still, there's absolutely no way you can go wrong with Fitzpatrick. Great pick - A+

A+ pick didn't get QB but fixed a lot on D with one pick

I'm actually hoping for Jaylen Samuels in the 2nd. I think he is one of those 2 birds 1 stone guys like Minkah because I think he is going to be a great RB and can play TE and replace MarQueis Gray. might be too high so maybe trade down

also like Christian Kirk but going for need more with Jaylen

Genard Avery in the 3rd

Fitzpatrick was the best possible scenario after Smith was taken. Now we can move TJ into that nickel/dime package hybrid LB role. Nobody should be upset about this pick. superb.

A+++ kid is a real player.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

I'm actually hoping for Jaylen Samuels in the 2nd. I think he is one of those 2 birds 1 stone guys like Minkah because I think he is going to be a great RB and can play TE and replace MarQueis Gray. might be too high so maybe trade down

Great pick!

Draft fell perfectly for Miami as they had their choice of Minkah, Derwin, or Edmunds.
    Minkah was my favorite def player in the draft as Nick Saban couldn't stop praising how special Minkah is.

I am interested to see if the Saints spoke with us about trading up. I hope they didn't because if we turned that trade package down - OMG!

But again I sure as heck ain't complaining about Minkah. Great player and if McDonald doesn't;t succeed then we can move on from him after this season while we have Minkah for the next 10-14 years!

I really couldn't see a better fit for us in the first outside of Smith. This is going to allow Reshad to roam more and do what he does best. But not only does he make Reshad better but hes going to allow the CBs to be more aggressive since he can cover up for them.

I really wanted Edmunds and didnít know a lot about Minkah because I donít follow college football closely. I love what Iím seeing now that Iím looking into him. I really like the drive and want to be the best....that attitude is one that makes guys who arenít rated high coming out and get taken later be a steal, and while it doesnt make every guy with it turn out To be great every guy picked later who turns out to be a steal has it.....this guy looks to have it and was rated high already.....Iím excited to see him play and cant wait to see the rest of the draft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast