Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Anyone else watching the sports science on Sam Darnold? Pretty impressive so far and makes me like him more. He throws a fast accurate ball, and he's got a quick release.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You guys are emotionally scarred, the Idzik years were dark times.
    there is no team that gets it right. its a game of percentages. Some picks work out and some dont. no one has mastered this because they cant. Now if we indeed we have $100 million in cap space next year then we can fill gaps with free agency.

I like that the team has rid themselves with cancers in the locker room. the team overachieved this year because they played as a team. The GM and HC have a plan I believe and are sticking to it.

As fans we have to support that. I like what I see and think we are headed in the right direction.

I feel the Jets are building a very good and young team. They have added the best QB available in the draft in Darnold. If he turns out to be the real deal and most people believe he will that takes care of the QB position for the next 5 years at a very affordable price. They have also addressed a lot of other needs in this years draft. They also have 4 players from last years draft that did not play a single down that could improve the team. I believe Leggitt along with Herndon will solve the TE position and again at a very affordable price. They added Shepard and Fatukasi to the DL a position I feel was the biggest need after QB. They added Skrine's replacement for next year in Nickerson. They say is not a big corner but he is bigger and faster than Skrine.
    Having added a true #1 corner in Johnson this allows Clairborne to be the #2 corner making a very solid pair of corners.
    I would like to see what the 2 corners drafted last year can add. They are both tall and fast and were drafted with the idea of sitting last year.
    They also added Cannon as a late round pick who could be the returner they need. He is very fast and could add that element to the backfield. He is not big enough to be a bell cow running back but could be very good 3rd down threat.
    They didn't address the rush linebacker but they have several players to try to fill that position. They would be Bass, Donahue, Mauldon etc.
    They added two centers to replace the Johnson that will be a big upgrade. Winters was playing injured all year but will be healthy this year so that is just like adding a upgrade. Shell and Beachum would ok a tackle but that is a position that they will need to upgrade next year.
    Bridgewater is very interesting player. If he is not ready they can cut him and save 5m off the cap. If however he does play well in camp and pre season then he could be the starter or could be a trade asset.
    Next year they are expected to have about 100m for free agency that would give them a lot of options.
    The future is bright.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

An insider view on the draft

What if someone told you two months ago that the Browns would select Baker Mayfield first overall?

“No F’ing way,” said an exec. “I came to grips with it the night before, but I didn’t fully come to grips with it until the card was turned in, and I was like, ‘My God, what is going on here?'”

“It’s like the biggest gift [the Jets] have ever received,” an exec said. “They may have played this thing perfectly. I almost wondered if they leaked that they liked Mayfield, which forced Cleveland to take Mayfield at 1 as opposed to getting him at 4. I do not know if that was the case, but if it was, that was masterful by them.”

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Im super excited for preseason now, normally I'm like excited but now its like super extra.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

I still can't believe the Jets drafted Darnold.
    I had to check this thread to make sure this really happened.

I still can't believe the Jets drafted Darnold.
    I had to check this thread to make sure this really happened.
    I think about this often and what could be

I just watched this video that breaks down my favorite Darnold play at USC.

It is the reason why I am stoked about him and the Jets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGxrspC_yHM

**** it, Jets take the division. I'm calling it!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Josh McCown says hi
    And that right there will be more important in Darnold's development than anything.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

**** it, Jets take the division. I'm calling it!
    One day soon, you'll be correct.

I just watched this video that breaks down my favorite Darnold play at USC.

It is the reason why I am stoked about him and the Jets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGxrspC_yHM
    Thank you, that was fun

I started tearing up at 4:33

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast