Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Consistent? What?
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Forget it. Hes on a roll.
    I just picture erickench laughing his butt off writing whatever comes to his mind and waiting for people to take the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I just picture erickench laughing his butt off writing whatever comes to his mind and waiting for people to take the bait.
    No I'm not laughing. I take it very seriously.

Our pitching staff sucks!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Matz has actually been alright. He doesn't give us length, but he's been decent.

Wheeler sucks and Vargas... I just want to forget about his two starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Sandy the brilliant GM build it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the part that sucks as a Mets fan and the concerning thing is that Callaway and Eiland couldn't fix Harvey or any of our other pitchers. The big hope was that these two pitching minds could collaborate to fix some of our pitchers and so far, they've all been duds. It goes to show how little coaching seems to matter, but I was still holding out hope that bringing in two of the best pitching coaches in the league could help some of our pitchers get back on track.

It hasn't happened and it provides us with little hope that this team's pitching will be as good as it needs to be to contend. I believe that the offense will bounce back and this this bad stretch is nothing more than a slump. Some of these bats will get hot again and starting hitting homeruns like they are accustomed to. But, none of that will matter if the pitching is in the bottom 3rd of the league.

And btw, there was nothing much that could be done about this pitching staff through FA. Lynn and Cashner have sucked (predictably) while Cobb, Darvish, and Arrieta look like bad investments that would hurt the team in the long run. Our starting staff was screwed no matter what we did. It's a hitters era and pitching is at a premium.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 05-08-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I think it's time to send Wheeler to the minor leagues and put Lugo in the rotation. Wheeler doesn't belong in the majors and neither does Ramos. I don't know why we traded Addison Reed to make room for that bum.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I think it's time to send Wheeler to the minor leagues and put Lugo in the rotation. Wheeler doesn't belong in the majors and neither does Ramos. I don't know why we traded Addison Reed to make room for that bum.
    I liked Addison Reed. Dude was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    I liked Addison Reed. Dude was solid.
    Yes he pitched well for us. Ramos hasn't proven anything since he's been here.

The pitching staff sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pitching staff is the pitching staff. Just like A-Gon is A-Gon.

It's the GM that assembles a team like this that sucks.

Don't worry. He's got this.

The pitching staff is fixable. Just send Wheeler back to the minors and put Lugo in the rotation. If Vargas continues to suck moose then stick him and the bullpen and give Oswalt a chance at starting.

The pitching staff is fixable. Just send Wheeler back to the minors and put Lugo in the rotation. If Vargas continues to suck moose then stick him and the bullpen and give Oswalt a chance at starting.
    Channeling your inner Rick Peterson, perhaps?

You call that "fixing" the rotation? Lugo could help, sure. But Oswalt is not how you fix the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You call that "fixing" the rotation? Lugo could help, sure. But Oswalt is not how you fix the rotation.
    Lugo and Gsellman would be instant upgrades in the rotation to Vargas and Wheeler. Wheeler belongs in the bullpen imo. He's very good in bursts but not over 5+ innings. Velocity tales off too quickly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast