Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Wrigley Field PSD Party Anyone?

The subject of getting a big group of PSDers together at a game have been thrown around here and there, and since I'm not taking classes over the Summer and won't have much to do till the Fall, I figured I'd see what kind of interest there'd be. In particular from the July-September months in meeting up in Wrigleyville and seeing a game or even just watching at a bar. To make things somewhat simple for people here, I've taken the liberty of looking up all the home weekend games during that span (of which I imagine would be easiest for most people). I've also noted any series of significance that I see fit. They are:

Fri-Sun:
    7/6-7/9: vs Reds
    7/20-7/22: vs Cardinals <--- Saturday would be particularly interesting cause it's a double header for the rainout
    8/3-8/5: vs Padres
    8/10-8/12: vs Nationals
    8/24-8/26: vs Reds
    9/14-9/16: vs Reds
    9/28-9/30: vs Cardinals <--- End of the year, so it could be anything from exhibition games if we've clinched or faced some kind of meltdown and miss the playoffs, or it could have playoff implications. Seems less than ideal.

Worthy of note is that all games listed except the second game in the double header against the Cardinals are day games (almost entirely either 1:20 or 3:05 start times or occasionally something inbetween).

Anyway, I guess the best thing to do is if you have interest, list any of the games that could work for you, and if we get enough people, make it happen and work out the details from there. Cheers guys.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

In. In fo sho. Party at bibbers!

And this should be stickied.

I don't know which dates I'm available yet but I'm down to go

Wrigley Field PSD Party Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And this should be stickied.
    Sticky’d. And totally down for this as well.

Also, I recommend we all pitch in and get Dawk a Heyward jersey.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

I'm in. The game doesn't matter much to me. I just need enough advance to get the time off from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I'm in. The game doesn't matter much to me. I just need enough advance to get the time off from work.
    I'll go ahead and make the deadline for deciding on the game June 1st. By then, I'm hoping people will know their schedule enough to post their availability here and be able to plan accordingly.

Whatever game you guys choose is going to be extremely lonely for me on the IGT.

I’ll hold down the fort.

This could be cool actually meeting you guys.

What about seating? Are we on our own? Is someone going to take care of the group sales? Paypal? Wives, dates, lady friends? Pregame somewhere?
    Last edited by thawv; 04-26-2018 at 07:35 AM.

I’d be willing to get some swag *** T-shirt’s made with our psd names on the back. Cheesy, sure, but ya know me.

I'm already going back to Chicago for the July Cardinals series so I'd be strongly in favor of that.

Daughter has nationals weekend of STL series.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    This could be cool actually meeting you guys.

What about seating? Are we on our own? Is someone going to take care of the group sales? Paypal? Wives, dates, lady friends? Pregame somewhere?
    If we were to go to a game (as opposed to just meeting up and watching at a sports bar), I would probably get a ticket total (you can bring whoever you want as far as family/friends and whatnot, so long as you're paying for them, be my guest) and just see if there are enough seats nearby for that total. After that, I'd let people know the options, and yeah pay via paypal where you could all send the money. Once you send your money, you'll get your e-tickets e-mailed to you.

edit: thought just occured to me and I was thinking the best bet would be on bleacher seats since those seats are still general admission and we wouldn't have to worry about getting split up regardless of how big the party is.

That's what I was thinking anyway. My primary concern is whether or not it's feasible.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 04-26-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    If we were to go to a game (as opposed to just meeting up and watching at a sports bar), I would probably get a ticket total (you can bring whoever you want as far as family/friends and whatnot, so long as you're paying for them, be my guest) and just see if there are enough seats nearby for that total. After that, I'd let people know the options, and yeah pay via paypal where you could all send the money. Once you send your money, you'll get your e-tickets e-mailed to you.

edit: thought just occured to me and I was thinking the best bet would be on bleacher seats since those seats are still general admission and we wouldn't have to worry about getting split up regardless of how big the party is.

That's what I was thinking anyway. My primary concern is whether or not it's feasible.
    Could be fun to meet a few of the guys. If I was to meet up I would be with someone because I would plan on going to the game. Best day for me would be a Saturday.
    Not sure exactly what you plan is, but if it worked out with my schedule I would come with a +1

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I'm already going back to Chicago for the July Cardinals series so I'd be strongly in favor of that.
    It's what I was hoping for also, but doesn't sound like Bdawk can make it which is unacceptable. Are there any other series on there you could make it to?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast