Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1514
    also for the people who were always nervous about us being "small"...

we now have simmonds, voracek, couts, laughton, lindblom, patrick, raffl, jvr. Thats 8/12 of the forwards that are 6 feet and above.

On d:
    everyone but ghost is above 6. Gudas is close but he plays big. Once myers and morin get to this level we wil have 3 monsters back there in sanheim, myers, and morin. We will be a big, fast, and physical team.

Allison, Ratcliffe, rubstov...

I have a funny feeling that Veccione will be taking over the 4th line Center position. He's got one year left on his deal. It could be a chance for him to prove himself as an NHL'er. Vorobyev has 2 years left on his current deal. If Veccione falters Vorobyev would be first call up to take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    I have a funny feeling that Veccione will be taking over the 4th line Center position. He's got one year left on his deal. It could be a chance for him to prove himself as an NHL'er. Vorobyev has 2 years left on his current deal. If Veccione falters Vorobyev would be first call up to take his place.
    Sure hope not. Veccioni can't hold Vorobyov's jock, so I really wouldn't be happy if that played out. Laughton has earned 1st crack at 3C. Frost and Vorobyov have earned the right to push for a roster spot. Somehow I half expect it to be Laughton+Lehtera down the middle, but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Sure hope not. Veccioni can't hold Vorobyov's jock, so I really wouldn't be happy if that played out. Laughton has earned 1st crack at 3C. Frost and Vorobyov have earned the right to push for a roster spot. Somehow I half expect it to be Laughton+Lehtera down the middle, but we will see.
    probably will. its like we have to have a roster with no weaknesses for hak to play a good lineup.

I like vorobyev a lot. But vechionne has speed and a scoring touch, so I think the canít hold the jock comment is hyperbole. I think he would be a great 4th line center.

I think Laughtonís time in the middle is running short.

If Lehtera isnít waived with all our youth coming, Iíll be shocked.

I really think moving G back to the middle would make us a legit contender because it could create 3 dangerous lines instead of 2 VERY dangerous lines ... G could be shielded a bit more with more OZ starts and used as a rotational second line center; Patrick could feast on his matchups against 3rd or 4th lines ... or split defensive duties with Couturierís line if they use him in a true 3rd line capacity ...

JVR G Simmonds
    Frost Couturier Konecny
    Lindblom Patrick Voracek

Would be a nightmare for teams. We are overblowing how ďbadĒ simmonds is. JVR has decent possession metrics and is a shooter. Simmonds can bang down low and G can work his whole magic. Give him a higher % of offensive zone starts.

A year ago I thought Provorov and Ghost should be paired. Everyone said that wouldnít work ... now it is our clear best pairing. I like Provorov and Myers together long term but I was right about ghost and Provorov because no one gets through the NZ at a high rate with them there too. With the JVR G Simmonds line, a lot to teams would be hemmed in their own DZ because those guys are all great on the forecheck ...

I like starting Frost on the wing, like we did with G, and next to our all star selke 1Couturier for shielding ... like we did with G and Richards. TK and Frost would be so much speed with Couturier and TK taking the scoring burden off of frost.

Sincerely think that is the best possible lineup and weíd have 3 waves of dangerous lines that other teams would crumble against. Stacking the middle is the best way to win hockey game. Period. Letís stack it now that we have enough wings.
    Last edited by castan_b; 07-10-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Is Vecc a natural winger or center? I know he plays both RW and C, but not sure which is his natural position. Most scouting reports Iíve read call him a winger, so just not sure. I think with his game and his ability to score, he would likely be better suited on the wing in the NHL, but I honestly havenít watched much of him to be totally sure on this.

This is really his last shot to make it at age 25, so if he doesnít Iím sure heíll opt to go to another team next season in order to get a starting spot in the NHL. Thereís just so much damn competition in this pipeline itís ridiculous. Weíll see how he looks in camp, but right now I think my favorite for the 3C spot is Misha. No matter what the competition in camp for the bottom 4 positions (3C, 4L, 4C, 4R) in the forwards is going to be incredible.

What did Laughton do to have earned it?

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    What did Laughton do to have earned it?
    Was drafted in the first round by the organization since 2012.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure Hakstol views Laughton as a center, which is why I don't want him to "win" the job. I could easily see Hakstol using the first defensive mistake Laughton makes to "justify" moving him to 4W and inserting Lehtera (who is "responsible" defensively) into the 3C role. That's bad for everyone -- as has been stated repeatedly, we need the kids to play. We need our cheap depth to get some experience so we can remain competitive once we need to actually play guys like Provorov, Patrick & Konecny (along with Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Ghost, JVR & Simmonds).

I'd much rather just send Lehtera to the minors so he can "mentor" them (and in all likelihood, score a bunch because it's the AHL). That way, Hakstol doesn't even have the opportunity to screw the team by playing favorites.

On another note, I think it's worth potentially dealing Gudas at some point -- he's a cost- controlled RH defenseman who plays physically -- could be a nice option for a team looking for a top-4 defenseman on the cheap, and making that move frees up a spot for Myers. It's even better if we can trick someone like Chiarelli into giving up an actual asset for him...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Corsica is freaking killing me. Every time I look stats up they're different and it basically falls apart when I try to lookup certain date ranges. I mean I know it's free to use and all though so I should probably stop complaining haha.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I really think moving G back to the middle would make us a legit contender because it could create 3 dangerous lines instead of 2 VERY dangerous lines ... G could be shielded a bit more with more OZ starts and used as a rotational second line center; Patrick could feast on his matchups against 3rd or 4th lines ... or split defensive duties with Couturierís line if they use him in a true 3rd line capacity ...

JVR G Simmonds
    Frost Couturier Konecny
    Lindblom Patrick Voracek

Would be a nightmare for teams. We are overblowing how ďbadĒ simmonds is. JVR has decent possession metrics and is a shooter. Simmonds can bang down low and G can work his whole magic. Give him a higher % of offensive zone starts.

A year ago I thought Provorov and Ghost should be paired. Everyone said that wouldnít work ... now it is our clear best pairing. I like Provorov and Myers together long term but I was right about ghost and Provorov because no one gets through the NZ at a high rate with them there too. With the JVR G Simmonds line, a lot to teams would be hemmed in their own DZ because those guys are all great on the forecheck ...

I like starting Frost on the wing, like we did with G, and next to our all star selke 1Couturier for shielding ... like we did with G and Richards. TK and Frost would be so much speed with Couturier and TK taking the scoring burden off of frost.

Sincerely think that is the best possible lineup and weíd have 3 waves of dangerous lines that other teams would crumble against. Stacking the middle is the best way to win hockey game. Period. Letís stack it now that we have enough wings.
    I really just hate having Simmonds play that many minutes. Heís just not capable anymore IMO. Maybe heíll prove me wrong and Iíd gladly eat crow, but I donít think heís anything more than a 3rd line wing at this point and I donít want him playing more than 14-15 minutes a night.

Youíre also putting a lot on Couturier having a rookie like Frost on his wing in addition to a guy like Konecny who doesnít play defense very well. Iím sure youíre thinking ďwell, theyíre not going to be playing much defenseĒ but as the shutdown center, heís going to have to play some; facing the top players every shift forces you to play some defense and putting a rookie and TK on his wings makes Couturerís job a lot harder than it has to be. Not to mention youíre asking a lot of Frost to be a top 6 player while playing a position he hasnít played in a while and doesnít prefer.

Frankly the Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek line is the only one there that I like. I think you spread the lineup a bit too thin there.

Like I said before, last year was different. Last year you really only had 4 or 5 top 6 forwards on the team, really 4 most of the year until Patrick broke out. You HAD to spread things out, otherwise you really only had 1 good line.

This year, you have 6 legitimate top 6 forwards. Let them be the top 6 forwards. Donít spread them out, play them together and let them be who they are. At that point, you STILL have a 3rd AND 4th line that 90% of the NHL would kill to have as their own.

Again, I understand your thought process but I think ultimately youíre spreading the lineup too thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Was drafted in the first round by the organization since 2012.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure Hakstol views Laughton as a center, which is why I don't want him to "win" the job. I could easily see Hakstol using the first defensive mistake Laughton makes to "justify" moving him to 4W and inserting Lehtera (who is "responsible" defensively) into the 3C role. That's bad for everyone -- as has been stated repeatedly, we need the kids to play. We need our cheap depth to get some experience so we can remain competitive once we need to actually play guys like Provorov, Patrick & Konecny (along with Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Ghost, JVR & Simmonds).

I'd much rather just send Lehtera to the minors so he can "mentor" them (and in all likelihood, score a bunch because it's the AHL). That way, Hakstol doesn't even have the opportunity to screw the team by playing favorites.

On another note, I think it's worth potentially dealing Gudas at some point -- he's a cost- controlled RH defenseman who plays physically -- could be a nice option for a team looking for a top-4 defenseman on the cheap, and making that move frees up a spot for Myers. It's even better if we can trick someone like Chiarelli into giving up an actual asset for him...

To be fair, Laughton played 70+ games last year at center. Iíve fallen victim to this as well, but I think itís unfair to say Hak doesnít view him as a center given the fact that he played nearly the entire season at center.

So way too early lineup prediction. Just a prediction, not what I actually would like to see.

28-14-93
    JVR-19-17
    54-21-11
    12-15-22

Outside of lehtera being the 3c, is this the worst case scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    So way too early lineup prediction. Just a prediction, not what I actually would like to see.

28-14-93
    JVR-19-17
    54-21-11
    12-15-22

Outside of lehtera being the 3c, is this the worst case scenario?
    Probably. I don't see Weise starting, though. Like at all. Almost 0% chance IMO. I'd be much more worried about Lehtera at 3C than Weise getting the nod on opening night in a starting spot (not including injury).

I don't really feel like getting irrationally upset in July about lineup decisions. I'm going to save that for September/October.

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Probably. I don't see Weise starting, though. Like at all. Almost 0% chance IMO. I'd be much more worried about Lehtera at 3C than Weise getting the nod on opening night in a starting spot (not including injury).

I don't really feel like getting irrationally upset in July about lineup decisions. I'm going to save that for September/October.
    That's probably fair -- and I get the Laughton thing, too. I'm just... extraordinarily cautious when it comes to thinking Hakstol will make the right decision. That's not a strong suit of his....

Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast