Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Danny Farquhar suffers brain hemorrhage during game

Chicago White Sox right-handed reliever Danny Farquhar suffered a brain hemorrhage while in the dugout during Friday night's game against the Houston Astros, and is in stable but critical condition.

Farquhar, 31, passed out in the sixth inning and was helped by team medical personnel and on-site EMTs. He regained consciousness before he was taken to a hospital by ambulance.

The White Sox announced Saturday that additional testing revealed the brain hemorrhage was caused by a ruptured aneurysm. Farquhar was receiving treatment and being closely monitored in the neurosurgical ICU unit at Rush University Medical Center.

Manager Rick Renteria met with players before Saturday's game against Houston and updated them on Farquhar's condition. Asked if the right-hander required surgery, Renteria said, "We'll see how they proceed and hopefully the outcome is a positive one."

The team says it will provide updates on Farquhar's health as appropriate, but requested privacy for the family.

Renteria said Saturday that Farquhar "had a strong heartbeat, a good pulse and was breathing well'' when he left Guaranteed Rate Field after passing out. Renteria said no one on the team saw advance signs that Farquhar might be suffering from the condition.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ge-friday-game

That’s scary as hell. I don’t think anything is as scary as having a brain aneurysm. You’re fine one second and all of the sudden, your life can be over.

I wish the dude the speediest of recoveries. A friends mom had the same issue and she had to learn how to speak finetically and walk again. Hopefully it isn’t as drastic for him.

Hope he recovers fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awful

I had a sister-in-law who passed away from a brain aneurysm at the age of 36. It totally sucks and basically comes out of nowhere.

****. that is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That's awful

I had a sister-in-law who passed away from a brain aneurysm at the age of 36. It totally sucks and basically comes out of nowhere.
    My cousins wife (about 2 years into their marriage) had a brain aneurysm whilst she was home by herself. It was too late for her and she ended up passing away. She was late into her pregnancy as well, the baby was delivered and she’s healthy so that is a blessing. But it is bloody cruel.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 04-22-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    My cousins wife (about 2 years into their marriage) had a brain aneurysm whilst she was home by herself. It was too late for her and she ended up passing away. She was late into her pregnancy as well, the baby was delivered and she’s healthy so that is a blessing. But it is bloody cruel.
    British?

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    British?

Me? Australian.

Kind of unreal. At least the baby is alive.

when my dad had his strokes he had multiple brain bleeds... they said he was lucky that it wasnt just a full out thing like this... the strokes actually saved him because they realized there were deeper issues. This is sad and sucks for this dude.

Me? Australian.
    Yah you.

“Whilst” is a dead giveaway for Brits and I guess Aussies.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Yah you.

Don’t forget bloody.

Yah you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Don’t forget bloody.
    I am making my first trip to America in late June and I can imagine I will really struggle. I’ll just need to make a mental note not to use any slang.

Terrible. Hoping for a full recovery.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk