Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Athletic: Curry 'not close to playing'

Stephen Curry might not be available for at least the first part of the second round, which could begin April 28 as the Warriors and Blazers both preparing to sweep their opponents:
    Despite video of him doing work on the court, which has fans salivating about his return, he isn't in the final stages of his rehabilitation. He will be evaluated again on Friday. He is on schedule but not on pace to beat the announced timelines. The working parameters have been 4 to 6 weeks since JaVale McGee crashed into Curry's left knee.
    - Marcus Thompson II, The Athletic
    What affect do you think this could have on a likely Pelicans-Warriors series, especially considering how well Jrue Holiday, Rajon Rondo, Nikola Mirotic and Anthony Davis are playing together?

I don't think it matters. If they were playing Houston next it would, not the Pellies.
    this my sig

I think Davis and Holiday would be a tough matchup for even a health Curry and Durant. Now both could be recovering from injuries, depending on how bad Durant's ankle is. I'm a Blazer fan, but I like how things are working out for New Orleans. Davis deserves nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I don't think it matters. If they were playing Houston next it would, not the Pellies.
    Are you so sure? People underestimated how well the Pelicans would play against the Blazers. I know the Warriors are way better, but the matchups don't look good.
    With Curry out, Holiday can focus on locking down Thompson. Davis is one of the top players you'd want defending Durant. Playoff Rondo is real and plays good defense. Then the Warriors will have to chase around Mirotic, who seems to be on a never-ending hot streak.

Warriors got a big break with their schedule. Spurs and the Pelicans are about as lucky as they could have got while they await Curry’s return. Even without Curry, I think the Warriors would beat NO in 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Warriors got a big break with their schedule. Spurs and the Pelicans are about as lucky as they could have got while they await Curry’s return. Even without Curry, I think the Warriors would beat NO in 5

Yup exactly. Crazy to think gs would be playing winner of Jazz/Thunder had Jazz just won their last game of their year.

Anthony Davis is a nightmare for GSW and Jrue and Rondo are playing on all NBA levels right now while Jrue arguably had an ALL NBA season anyway. Not playing an extra game vs the Blazers should be a priority now the the Pels.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

So what was up with the site yesterday? Everyone was frozen out?

Curry will be back by game 3. That’s time timetable at least.

Not to disreguard what the pelicans are doing right now in the playoffs. With Mo Harkless out. Blazers have nobody on defense to guard Jrue and AD. They have Aminu on AD, lol.

Warriors have Klay and Iggy that they can put in Jrue. Green, KD and a rotation of bigs can neutralize AD.

Warriors in 6

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp:32294236
    So what was up with the site yesterday? Everyone was frozen out?
    It looks like it.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Yup exactly. Crazy to think gs would be playing winner of Jazz/Thunder had Jazz just won their last game of their year.
    jazz, thunder, and pelicans are all pretty comparable to one another. I don't see how matching up with new orleans is any sort of break vs the other two teams, especially with melo looking as done as he has lately
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I don’t think that the Pelicans are comparable to the Thunder and Jazz. I get that 3-9 in he West this year are pretty similar, but the Jazz were absolutely one of the best teams in the NBA in the second half, and the Thunder have the highest ceiling of all those teams.

I don’t think the Pelicans have the ceiling that the Jazz or Thunder do.

The Pelicans are absolutely better than OKC and Utah

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The Pelicans are absolutely better than OKC and Utah

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I think so too, they finished the season very well themselves.

I think okc had the highest playoff ceiling too, but it doesn't seem to be coming to fruition
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If the warriors are down in a series, I think they might rush him back. OTOH, they did that a few years back and didn't win it all sot here's that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast