Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    The C's will have a full season to keep an eye on Kyrie's durability... Personally, I don't think he's a damaged goods player...

This is a good read if you haven't already read it...

https://theinjuryinsight.com/kyrie-irvings-knee-injury/

Also, Kyrie's injury history...

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/kyrie-...layer-injuries

I'm no doctor, but not seeing ACL, MCL or MicroFracture in his injury history is a good thing IMO...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Sounds good, sign Smart 3/39(12/13/14) possibly with a team option, maybe sign O’quinn/Dedmon/Other big With MLE, Jack Vet min. Draft Mitchell Robinson

Kyrie/Rozay/Jack
    Brown/Smart
    Hayward/Morris
    Tatum/Thies
    Horford/O’quinn-Dedmon/Mitchell

Next year Flip Horford/Brown/picks for AD

Still like this Roster.

I think Baynes will get more money/Years else where, or try to. He gambled by opting out last year so I’m sure his agent will push for a good deal.

Maybe(hopefully) as pointed out there a lot working against Smart. Best case he takes the QO to try to get more as a UFA next season.

Everyone wants to flip Morris but only if it brings a cost controlled assets back.
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 06-13-2018 at 08:41 AM.

If the C's don't offer Kyrie the MAX after the 18'/19' season, IMO it's because of their belief that his knee will be a long term issue... IMO, with this 4-5 month rehab there's a good possibility that he has a very very healthy and solid 18'/19' season...

Also, he going to have not 1, not 2, not even 3 capable starters with him for the 18'/19' season... He's going to have TWO LEGIT STARS and arguably TWO FUTURE STARS alongside him... He's not going to change his game, but IMO Stevens will change how the pressure lands on him during the season...

I'm not a cap or trade aficionado, but when is the latest time that the C's can trade Kyrie for value...??? IMO, he won't be a trade deadline candidate, because by the C's record should be around 52-7 ()... Why trade your star player when you're going for the best single season win total in NBA history...???

Back to my non cap aficionado status... IMO, the C's are in a perfect but costly position for the future...

18'/19' ...

- Hayward is locked in....

-Horford is locked in...

- Kyrie is locked in...

- JB and JT are both on their rookie deals...

- Starting 5 is locked and loaded... IMO, much different situation than 07'/08' because Perkins was a body starting and Rondo was pretty much an unknown...

- I wouldn't move Morris... IMO, his value as the crowd loving/locker room loving tough guy is reminiscent of Perkins in 07'/08'...

- IMO, Semi will be a solid 2nd unit contributor... I trust Stevens trust in him...

- Terry will lead the 2nd unit...

- Baynes needs to be brought back...

- Theis has a full season...

- One more tryout of Yabs/ waive Nader (he does not deserve 1+mil $$/let alone the 450K he's already guaranteed)...

- One of Allen or Bird should be brought up for the entire season...

- Trade #27 for a couple of 2nd's... I still like Metu and I also think Trevon Duval is a good possibility... Send them to Maine... Duval needs to work on his perimeter shooting big time... Duval can get to the rim with his good size already... I see a legit contributor in 2-3 years...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post

Everyone wants to flip Morris but only if it brings a cost controlled assets back.
    IMO, bad move... If by the trade deadline his status is getting smaller and he's not as needed as he was, then take the best offer... But trading him prior to the season is premature for what he can bring for this team is a bad move...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    IMO, bad move... If by the trade deadline his status is getting smaller and he's not as needed as he was, then take the best offer... But trading him prior to the season is premature for what he can bring for this team is a bad move...
    Well I definitely wouldnt trade him before the season. He’s cheap and a solid piece off the bench. Everyone was loving Morris as a 15 min rotation piece off the bench last season....then fell out of love when his role/minutes got bigger in playoffs.

He’s on the last year of his deal so making a swap for another player would only make sense if said player is locked up for another season or 2. I wouldn’t just look to dump him unless “it brings a cost controlled asset back” or a piece in a bigger deal.

Let’s play conspiracy theory for just a minute. kyrie and lebron hatch the plan they need to get out of Cleveland. Luckily for us Kyrie gets traded to Boston. Could they have been talking this whole time about teaming back up. Only way for the money to work would be if we can sign and trade Smart, Rozier, Morris, Yabusele, 19 LAC pick, 19 MEM pick.

Irving
    Hayward
    James
    Tatum
    Horford

Full that bench with vet minimums haha.

Ludacris. I kinda not even want lebron to be honest. I’d rather do it without him. Than take the Durant way.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    Let’s play conspiracy theory for just a minute. kyrie and lebron hatch the plan they need to get out of Cleveland. Luckily for us Kyrie gets traded to Boston. Could they have been talking this whole time about teaming back up. Only way for the money to work would be if we can sign and trade Smart, Rozier, Morris, Yabusele, 19 LAC pick, 19 MEM pick.

Irving
    Hayward
    James
    Tatum
    Horford

Full that bench with vet minimums haha.

Ludacris. I kinda not even want lebron to be honest. I’d rather do it without him. Than take the Durant way.
    Coach KILLER...

I'd take Kyrie over LBJ at this point in his career and attitude...
    Last edited by Forever35; 06-13-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    It's always fun to reach for the stars, but, what is the minimum DA will do this off season?

Extend Smart
    Extend Baynes or grab other C with MLE
    Move Morris
    Take #27 - most likely a Eurostash, DA could also trade out to the 2nd if he needs dough for another move.

With the assumed full return of Hayward, Tatum has to get minutes at 4, meaning Horford will log more time at 5. Horford does wear down, and 5 is tougher for him to play for 4, so there is only so much of this you can do.

KI is doing what any fiscally savvy pro athlete would do. Rozier back as the back-up, potential understudy. Why would Rozier sign any extension while he could end up as a career back-up here. How can Boston deal him w/o knowing KI's contract/injury status?

Theis could be the best dollar for dollar guy on the roster, but, he's going to elbow his way in for PT.

If we want to get some more O on the 2nd team there is always Tyreke. Not sure we can fit him.

Horford/Baynes/Theis
    Tatum/Horford/Theis/Yabu
    Hayward/xxxxx/Smart
    Brown/Smart
    KI/Rozier/Larkin

If LBJ is in the West, this is the ECF winner, assuming average health
    Spot on

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    LBJ is FA.....so work a sign and trade. LBJ 3yr deal option to leave in third yr.

NYK: Kyrie
    BOS: LBJ
    CAVS: #9(via ny) & #27(via bos)

Cavs picks 8, 9 and 27. Start the rebuild

Kyrie goes to where he might want to be, and still away from LBJ.

LBJ gets to chase more rings on a great young team in the east and beat up on Kyrie doing it.

LBJ/Roz
    JB/Smart(will stay to win rings)
    GW/Morris
    JT/Theis
    AH/Baynes(will stay to win rings)
    Trade doesn't work. Knicks need to give salary to take in Kyrie's $20M

City of Champions

Danny will look to make moves. But he will only make moves if he's the overwhelming winner of the trade. He's not going to make a trade to make a trade or make a "fair" trade. He's going to want to win it, and win it big.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    There's really no minutes for Morris if Smart returns. (Smart isn't returning for less than 24-25mpg)

PG Irving (32)/Rozier (16)
    SG Brown (32)/Smart (16)
    SF Hayward (32)/Smart (8) - 8 minutes open at SF
    PF Tatum (32)/Theis (16)
    C Horford (32)/Baynes (16)

You could cut Baynes and Theis down for Morris but it'd be hard to find him over 20mpg. He's not going to be happy with that. He already hates coming off the bench, I think he put up with it because Brad still played him in key end of the game minutes...But with Hayward coming back that's now gone. Also leaves Ojeleye out of the rotation which hurts his development

Keeping a disgruntled Morris at lower minutes and diminished usage is only going to decrease his value. There simply isn't room for him...Better to unload him now when his stock is probably at its peak or close to it.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 06-13-2018 at 11:29 AM.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    He's not going to be happy with that. He already hates coming off the bench, I think he put up with it because Brad still played him in key end of the game minutes...But with Hayward coming back that's now gone. Also leaves Ojeleye out of the rotation which hurts his development

Keeping a disgruntled Morris at lower minutes and diminished usage is only going to decrease his value. There simply isn't room for him...Better to unload him now when his stock is probably at its peak or close to it.
    At the beginning of the year I did not like the Marcus Morris that showed up... But the Marcus Morris that showed up from the halfway point was a complete team guy...

I saw a guy who was just loving playing basketball with this group, especially in the playoffs...

IMO, his value is already set... He's going to get his value whether it's with Boston or somebody else... Pretty much every stat went up with his role in Boston... I cannot see Stevens making it work... Morris is the most consistent bench player the C's have at this point... I'd hold off until the deadline and see how things are working out minute wise... IMO, having a very very good chance of making the Finals does something special to the psyche of vet players...

Reggie Lewis

It would be a great day for Boston if LeBron went to LA...

BEAT

LA
    e
    B
    r
    o
    n

Reggie Lewis

as a disclaimer, I do not want LBJ on the celtics either but if DA decides otherwise is it possible that maybe Ainge knows or has a really good feeling Irving doesn't resign next offseason so he moves him now and if the Lebron James rumors are true, Ainge tries to sign him for guaranteed 3 to 4 years? So it's basically 1 season of KI with no guarantees he resigns or 3 to 4 seasons of LBJ..
    Last edited by bosox1899; 06-13-2018 at 04:48 PM.

I have been trying to figure out a way Lebron, Paul George and Kevin Love end up in LA purple and gold next year. I honestly think it’s wasn’t best for lebron and for the league that he becomes a Laker for 3-4 years. Not saying it will happen. Just that it makes the most sense.

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast