Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by randyisgoinsolo View Post
    So you're ok with trading Hayward with the risk of not be able to sign other good free agents in Boston? Because that's what's going to happen if you trade him. Trading Jalen Brown makes the most sense especially if you want to move up in the draft or if KAT is available. AD or Porzingis is going to cost you at least Tatum to continue talks, I wouldn't trade a year rental of Kawhi for Hayward unless he signs an extension which I hardly doubt that since he would rather play for the Lakers.
    Trading Brown to just move up in the draft would be so dumb. Thereís so much risk with college prospects. At least we see Brownís floor and huge potential.

I donít know if the Celtics would trade Tatum for Porzingis, let alone more. Porzingis didnít show much improvement this year and is two years older. His value certainly didnít improve.

So you're ok with trading Hayward with the risk of not be able to sign other good free agents in Boston? Because that's what's going to happen if you trade him.
    Trading Hayward for Lebron won't stop FAs from coming here as long as the franchise is making finals appearances and winning rings.

There is no scenario that gets Lebron to Boston. It will never happen. Only other place I see him going other than Cleveland is Miami. Cleveland will go Full rebuild. I could see Lebron Opting Iím forcing a S&T. Maia I had the Contracts to match up which could have been the plan all along knowing Riley. It would explain why he was giving ridiculous high contracts

We donít need any big name free agents
    I also donít see us moving into the top 10 with out sacrificing brown and Iím not willing to do that.

We need to decide what we are doing with Smart and atleast have the perimeters of a deal in place. In this scenario Iím
    Gonna say we resign Smart & Baynes. I like Baynes a lot he fits this team well.

PG- Kyrie, Rozier
    SG- Brown, Smart, Nader
    SF- Hayward, Morris, Ojeleye
    PF- Tatum, Theis, Yabusele
    C- Horford, Baynes.

On Draft night we watch the players who start to slide. We pretty much know who the first 10 players off the board will be just not the exact order.
    Ayton
    Bagley
    Bamba
    Jackson
    Doncic
    Porter
    Young
    Bridges
    Carter
    Sexton

Now if there is someone we want between 11 and 26 who could use a PG and take on Additional Salary ex. Yabusele or Nader

Hornets # 11
    Suns # 16
    Hawks #19 and #30

To get the 11th or 16th your gonna have to include Rozier question is are we gonna get more value out of Rozier or the player at that Pick I think Rozier

In this Scenario Iím going

Hawks:
    Marcus Morris
    Geurshon Yabusele
    #27th Pick

Boston:
    #19th pick
    #30th pick

Use 30th pick to move Nader and get a 2nd rounder

Now we have

Irving/Rozier
    Brown/Smart
    Hayward/Ojeleye
    Tatum/Theis
    Horford/Baynes

19th pick And 2nd Round Pick.

Who we draft at 19 is anyoneís guess. What this scenario does is gives us an addtional 9.2 Million to use on resigning Smart and Baynes.

And if a specific player drops you like use 19, Rozier and a future 1st to move up to snag him.

Iím good with all the Lebron talk, donít think thereís any chance heís coming here....and I wouldnít really want him

I think he ends up in Hou....or SA

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Iím good with all the Lebron talk, donít think thereís any chance heís coming here....and I wouldnít really want him

I think he ends up in Hou....or SA
    The Spurs are an interesting dark horse in all of this LeBron chatter. IIRC, hasnít LeBron come out and said he wanted to play with KL? If they could move a few contracts around, they might have the room to sign two max guys to go with KL.

If we end up largely standing pat, im still on board with trying to move up for Bamba. The issue now is that his stock is rising after his recent workouts. Maybe the target should be Porter since it still feels like most of these mocks have him way too low.

Orlando @ 6 is still a great trade partner. Theyíve been looking for a point guard for what feels like a decade. Rozier + 2019 SAC for the #6 pick is pretty reasonable for both sides. Draft Porter/Bamba and hope they develop.
    Last edited by BostonBoy; 06-07-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    Trading Hayward for Lebron won't stop FAs from coming here as long as the franchise is making finals appearances and winning rings.
    I don't remember Free Agents flocking here after the Bird years finals run. I don't remember Free Agents flocking here once Ray left and PP and KG were still here. This statement is far from the truth. And when you treat top guys like trash, trade them away after committing to them a year prior...Free Agents will have major concerns about that.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    There is no scenario that gets Lebron to Boston. It will never happen. Only other place I see him going other than Cleveland is Miami. Cleveland will go Full rebuild. I could see Lebron Opting Iím forcing a S&T. Maia I had the Contracts to match up which could have been the plan all along knowing Riley. It would explain why he was giving ridiculous high contracts

We donít need any big name free agents
    I also donít see us moving into the top 10 with out sacrificing brown and Iím not willing to do that.
    No chance LBJ returns to Miami. It's all about novelty, trying something new. Expanding. He's been there and done that in South Beach. Plus, he probably burned some bridges on the way out too.

Can you confidently say the C's have closed the gap with Golden State?

Celtics play-by-play announcer Mike Gorman doesnít think itís a given point guard Kyrie Irving will be with the team beyond the upcoming season.

ď[Danny Ainge] doesnít like to put the untouchable label on anybody,Ē Gorman told Evan Valenti of CLNS. ďI do think [Jayson] Tatum is untouchable myself. I think it would take some unbelievable offer to wrest him away from Boston right now. But I think everyone else is in play to some degree.Ē

ďI think Kyrieís record over the course of his career would tell you that injuries have been a problem,Ē he said. ďI think you have to be smart here and look at what the facts are, and understand that they may be a problem going forward, too. Gordon Hayward hasnít given any indication in the past that heís injury-jinxed in any way, shape, or form. Kyrie, on the the other hand, does have a history of injuries.Ē
    https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...-davis-celtics

KI - averaged 63 regular games in his 7 year career.
    Last edited by elements1985; 06-07-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Why some of you Celtics fans and especially the ones on Facebook are so obsessed with wanting the Celtics to trade Hayward so badly? Do you guys not care if no good free agents signs with Boston again if they trade Hayward?
    No.

We have yet to see what he can do for this team in a full season alongside with Kyrie, I don't understand why you guys want him out of Boston so badly. If it's about salary dump then that's a stupid reason, they just got him last summer and instead of seeing what he can do next season yall are proposing dumb trades to get rid of him? Smh... Just stop it already I'm not going into the season with a lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford and who ever is at C/PF if they trade Hayward. If anything trade Brown to move up and get Mo Bamba or KAT.
    Badly in your eyes perhaps. I want the team to be better. Hayward and KI both have injury concerns. KI may not resign in '19. It's a Russian Roulette thing. Do nothing. Do one max. Do a lot. Which door?

Who said salary dump? Nobody here has said that, who is dumb?

Oh I see, OK to trade Brown. But any of the 3 max/near maxes must be treated like the Pope, and his top Lt.'s.

I don't see you around much - pity...
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    Does LeBron really need LAL to setup his post-NBA career? My answer is no on this one. Heíd go to LAL since he likes the location and already has a $23mil house there. Regardless of where he goes, he would be able to do TV and movies just fine after his career ends.

I keep coming back to the Rockets. Heís been buddies with CP3 for a long time and Houston would have a pretty good shot at winning if they add LeBron and stay healthy.

I think Boston, GSW, and MIA are pretty much out of the running with LAL and Philly being possible destinations. The Colangelo release might be enticing for LeBron (more power)...
    CP3 is old and seems to get hurt at bad times.

How the **** is LBJ going to share the rock with the beard?

Bad idea, so I'm for it.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

I'm talking about before the whole LeBron to Boston thing. On Facebook during the ECF most of those Celtics fans were commenting saying trade Hayward and Kyrie since they have Brown and Rozier. Even someone on here said trade Hayward for Leonard. I like the roster the way it is with the condition of adding a big/rim protector, Brown is good but I rather keep Tatum and trade brown for KAT or move up to draft Mo Bamba.
    Let's see Hayward is a top 30 player, perhaps low 20's with this coach/team. KL is top 7 - but no you wouldn't deal. Well, hand in your GM card because the C's would have to pitch one of the top 3 picks we hold at least if not say Rozier to make it happen.

You liking the roster doesn't really mean anything to DA.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    The Spurs are an interesting dark horse in all of this LeBron chatter. IIRC, hasnít LeBron come out and said he wanted to play with KL? If they could move a few contracts around, they might have the room to sign two max guys to go with KL.

If we end up largely standing pat, im still on board with trying to move up for Bamba. The issue now is that his stock is rising after his recent workouts. Maybe the target should be Porter since it still feels like most of these mocks have him way too low.

Orlando @ 6 is still a great trade partner. Theyíve been looking for a point guard for what feels like a decade. Rozier + 2019 SAC for the #6 pick is pretty reasonable for both sides. Draft Porter/Bamba and hope they develop.
    Way light. To get #6, Rozier, and two of our three "prize" #1's. I'd do it to take Bamba then trade down and snag a DA favorite around 8-10 and maybe get back into the draft with #27 and what we get from trading down - maybe 16-18 range.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...-davis-celtics

KI - averaged 63 regular games in his 7 year career.
    Numbers are correct but a little skewed to make your point. Which is fine, allow me to do the same. 63/82 would be 77% of his games. - That's what you say he averages for his career. Which is a fact. Sure.

However, need to factor in the shortened rookie season due to the NBA lock out. So Kyrie has actually played 79% of all available regular season games. He's played an additional 52 playoff games (out of 69) his playoff rate is 76% (was 89% before this year)

Breaking it down further.

Year 1 he played 51 games out of 66 = 78%
    Year 2 he played 59 games out of 82 = 72% (Broken finger/hand/face)
    Year 3 he played 71 games out of 82 = 87%
    Year 4 he played 75 games out of 82 = 92% + 13/20 playoff games 65% (broken knee in finals)
    Year 5 he played 53 games out of 82 = 65% (recovering from broken knee) + 21/21 playoff games 100%
    Year 6 he played 72 games out of 82 = 88% + 18/18 playoff games 100%
    Year 7 he played 60 games out of 82 = 74% (Knee)

He's actually averaged 70 games per year including playoffs
    His regular season play % is 79%
    His postseason play % is 76%
    His total career games played % is 79%

Seasons under played under 70 games 2 (34%) (I'm excluding his rookie season because there wasn't even 70 regular season games to play). Outside of that, the only 2 seasons he hasn't played at least 70 games were his sophomore year where he had non knee/long term injuries and this season.

Seasons he's played over 70 games = 4 (67% of his career)
    Seasons he's played over 80 games = 2 (34% of his career)

Now I'm not going to argue he's the most durable player in the league. He's clearly not. But playing 80% of your career games is not terrible either. Playing over 70 games in a season 2/3 of your career is not terrible. There's nothing out there to suggest he can't come back from his injury. He didn't rebreak his kneecap. He didn't tear major ligaments. Is there risk? Sure. But let's not act like the guy is chopped liver either.

When he did break his kneecap, he just completed a season where he played 92% of the regular season and an additional 13 playoff games. He returned the next season late (understandably so) and once he came back (game 25 of the season) he only missed 4 games the rest of the season and reeled off 21 playoff games while playing at an elite level - helping LBJ and CLE win a championship. He returned the following season and played 88% of the regular season and another 18 playoff games to top it off.

So if he can return from a blown out knee cap (which he recovered from in 4 months BTW) and come back and reel off 75 games at Elite level play....I think he can return from getting some screws taken out of that knee. But that's just me.

City of Champions

I love the smoke signal that was thrown up about Kyrie and resigning after 18'/19'...

What do you think his trade value is...???

IMO, he's a James Dolan dream come true... An ISO player like Melo, but 100X more valuable, productive and team oriented...

C's get the Unicorn and Courtney Lee...

NY gets Kyrie, #27 and the 19' Sac pick protected 2-6ish...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I love the smoke signal that was thrown up about Kyrie and resigning after 18'/19'...

What do you think his trade value is...???

IMO, he's a James Dolan dream come true... An ISO player like Melo, but 100X more valuable, productive and team oriented...

C's get the Unicorn and Courtney Lee...

NY gets Kyrie, #27 and the 19' Sac pick protected 2-6ish...
    Tack on like 4 NYK first rounders and you have a deal. Outside of that, no way. I'm wayyy more concerned about Porzingis knee than I am Kyries.

City of Champions

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast