Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tyler O'Neill Called Up

For Tomorrow's game

Hell yea! Who was sent down?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Mayers is the likely candidate from what Iím seeing from cards beat writers on Twitter

Good deal. We need to slowly have him take over for Fowler. Folwer wasn't a great signing, and we can't just play him because we made the mistake of it. He is a great 4th outfielder option, can play all positions, as can Bader. Ozuna/Pham/O'Neill is a very good outfield. Move Carp back to the 1 spot! Bat Pham 2, Martinez 3, Ozuna 4, O'Neill 5.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

I'm just glad we have a deep bench again. Matheny is great at wasting the 25th roster spot on a reliever he doesn't use

I'm excited to watch the kid play

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hell yea! Who was sent down?
    They are assessing Pham

My way?

1. Carpenter 3B
    2. Pham CF
    3. Ozuna LF
    4. Martinez 1B
    5. Gyroko 2B
    6. O'Neill RF
    7. Molina C
    8. DeJong SS

Fowler super bench player plays all three outfield positions giving super time off

Of course, I would have just let O'Neill spend more time in AAA, and let Fowler figure it out. But that's me.

It just sucks. This guys is another Paul DeJong in the lineup.

Ozuna, DeJong, Gyroko, and O'Neill all do only one thing.

Strike out or homer.

No walks, nothing else on offense. Do what they do on defense.

That's so many guys that live and die by the home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It just sucks. This guys is another Paul DeJong in the lineup.

Ozuna, DeJong, Gyroko, and O'Neill all do only one thing.

Strike out or homer.

No walks, nothing else on offense. Do what they do on defense.

That's so many guys that live and die by the home run.
    Do you want to talk about the terrifying truth or do you want to watch them sock a few dingers? DINGERS DINGERS DINGERS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxszN_1k6fQ

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Do you want to talk about the terrifying truth or do you want to watch them sock a few dingers? DINGERS DINGERS DINGERS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxszN_1k6fQ
    I'm with Cards7 - last thing the team needs is another free swinger. It has made Carpenter a shell of his former self. Wong has never learned and never will. Gyorko and Martinez are what they are. DeJong has got to make more contact. and it looks like Ozuna has it too, what's he walked 1 or 2 times all year? Chicks dig the long ball, but pitching dominates in the post season, of course this team would have to get back to the post season.

I hated the Fowler deal the minute it was announced. He filled no need the team had. We had a lead off guy and we had enough outfielders and for 5 and $85M? Much like Heyward not staying....good riddance. The roster has had holes at 1B and 3B for 5 years more or less and now 2B for like 3 years and as long as the Wonger is still allowed to play.

Quote Originally Posted by branvaughnlaw View Post
    I'm with Cards7 - last thing the team needs is another free swinger. It has made Carpenter a shell of his former self. Wong has never learned and never will. Gyorko and Martinez are what they are. DeJong has got to make more contact. and it looks like Ozuna has it too, what's he walked 1 or 2 times all year? Chicks dig the long ball, but pitching dominates in the post season, of course this team would have to get back to the post season.

I hated the Fowler deal the minute it was announced. He filled no need the team had. We had a lead off guy and we had enough outfielders and for 5 and $85M? Much like Heyward not staying....good riddance. The roster has had holes at 1B and 3B for 5 years more or less and now 2B for like 3 years and as long as the Wonger is still allowed to play.
    but all that being said I am excited to see what he's got.

Having 4-5 guys like that, odds are they are going to hit homeruns, and a lot. If people get on base, one of the 4-5 guys is going to hit a homerun. So it actually gives us a lot of runs. We just need to have our high onbase guys you know, get on base. Pham/Carp/Martinez/Fowler.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Having 4-5 guys like that, odds are they are going to hit homeruns, and a lot. If people get on base, one of the 4-5 guys is going to hit a homerun. So it actually gives us a lot of runs. We just need to have our high onbase guys you know, get on base. Pham/Carp/Martinez/Fowler.
    Can be

If you have 4 guys hitting .225/.295/.475 means you are a total feast or famine lineup though.

When they aren't hitting, you will not score any runs, and will be completely carved up. Nights of 0 and 1 runs. Nothing ever manufactured, and no two out hitting.

It's a risky lineup, but you are never out of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Can be

If you have 4 guys hitting .225/.295/.475 means you are a total feast or famine lineup though.

When they aren't hitting, you will not score any runs, and will be completely carved up. Nights of 0 and 1 runs. Nothing ever manufactured, and no two out hitting.

It's a risky lineup, but you are never out of a game.
    Yea but Pham, Carp, Martinez, Gyorko are better hitters than what you listed. With much better OBP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast