Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    51,894

    Tyler O'Neill Called Up

    For Tomorrow's game

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,102
    Hell yea! Who was sent down?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomington IL
    Posts
    9,602
    Mayers is the likely candidate from what Iím seeing from cards beat writers on Twitter

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,102
    Good deal. We need to slowly have him take over for Fowler. Folwer wasn't a great signing, and we can't just play him because we made the mistake of it. He is a great 4th outfielder option, can play all positions, as can Bader. Ozuna/Pham/O'Neill is a very good outfield. Move Carp back to the 1 spot! Bat Pham 2, Martinez 3, Ozuna 4, O'Neill 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomington IL
    Posts
    9,602
    I'm just glad we have a deep bench again. Matheny is great at wasting the 25th roster spot on a reliever he doesn't use

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,102
    I'm excited to watch the kid play
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    51,894
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hell yea! Who was sent down?
    They are assessing Pham

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    51,894
    My way?

    1. Carpenter 3B
    2. Pham CF
    3. Ozuna LF
    4. Martinez 1B
    5. Gyroko 2B
    6. O'Neill RF
    7. Molina C
    8. DeJong SS

    Fowler super bench player plays all three outfield positions giving super time off


    Of course, I would have just let O'Neill spend more time in AAA, and let Fowler figure it out. But that's me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    51,894
    It just sucks. This guys is another Paul DeJong in the lineup.

    Ozuna, DeJong, Gyroko, and O'Neill all do only one thing.

    Strike out or homer.

    No walks, nothing else on offense. Do what they do on defense.

    That's so many guys that live and die by the home run.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It just sucks. This guys is another Paul DeJong in the lineup.

    Ozuna, DeJong, Gyroko, and O'Neill all do only one thing.

    Strike out or homer.

    No walks, nothing else on offense. Do what they do on defense.

    That's so many guys that live and die by the home run.
    Do you want to talk about the terrifying truth or do you want to watch them sock a few dingers? DINGERS DINGERS DINGERS!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxszN_1k6fQ

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Streamwood, IL
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Do you want to talk about the terrifying truth or do you want to watch them sock a few dingers? DINGERS DINGERS DINGERS!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxszN_1k6fQ
    I'm with Cards7 - last thing the team needs is another free swinger. It has made Carpenter a shell of his former self. Wong has never learned and never will. Gyorko and Martinez are what they are. DeJong has got to make more contact. and it looks like Ozuna has it too, what's he walked 1 or 2 times all year? Chicks dig the long ball, but pitching dominates in the post season, of course this team would have to get back to the post season.

    I hated the Fowler deal the minute it was announced. He filled no need the team had. We had a lead off guy and we had enough outfielders and for 5 and $85M? Much like Heyward not staying....good riddance. The roster has had holes at 1B and 3B for 5 years more or less and now 2B for like 3 years and as long as the Wonger is still allowed to play.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Streamwood, IL
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by branvaughnlaw View Post
    I'm with Cards7 - last thing the team needs is another free swinger. It has made Carpenter a shell of his former self. Wong has never learned and never will. Gyorko and Martinez are what they are. DeJong has got to make more contact. and it looks like Ozuna has it too, what's he walked 1 or 2 times all year? Chicks dig the long ball, but pitching dominates in the post season, of course this team would have to get back to the post season.

    I hated the Fowler deal the minute it was announced. He filled no need the team had. We had a lead off guy and we had enough outfielders and for 5 and $85M? Much like Heyward not staying....good riddance. The roster has had holes at 1B and 3B for 5 years more or less and now 2B for like 3 years and as long as the Wonger is still allowed to play.
    but all that being said I am excited to see what he's got.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,102
    Having 4-5 guys like that, odds are they are going to hit homeruns, and a lot. If people get on base, one of the 4-5 guys is going to hit a homerun. So it actually gives us a lot of runs. We just need to have our high onbase guys you know, get on base. Pham/Carp/Martinez/Fowler.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    51,894
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Having 4-5 guys like that, odds are they are going to hit homeruns, and a lot. If people get on base, one of the 4-5 guys is going to hit a homerun. So it actually gives us a lot of runs. We just need to have our high onbase guys you know, get on base. Pham/Carp/Martinez/Fowler.
    Can be

    If you have 4 guys hitting .225/.295/.475 means you are a total feast or famine lineup though.

    When they aren't hitting, you will not score any runs, and will be completely carved up. Nights of 0 and 1 runs. Nothing ever manufactured, and no two out hitting.

    It's a risky lineup, but you are never out of a game.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Can be

    If you have 4 guys hitting .225/.295/.475 means you are a total feast or famine lineup though.

    When they aren't hitting, you will not score any runs, and will be completely carved up. Nights of 0 and 1 runs. Nothing ever manufactured, and no two out hitting.

    It's a risky lineup, but you are never out of a game.
    Yea but Pham, Carp, Martinez, Gyorko are better hitters than what you listed. With much better OBP
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •