Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Bye fellas...

Bye fellas...

Hunter Pence.... not even a back up role. Looks plain confused at the plate. Like, more than usual.
    Sam Dyson.... throws BP
    Josh Osich.... throws BP

Anyone else.....?

wouldn't give up on Osich yet. It's a shame he hasn't been able to replicate his spring success to the season. yes, spring stats are meaningless. but his stuff was dirty this spring.

Personally, i'd add Jeff Samardzija to this list. i never believed he was injured. just his stuff has diminished. and now that he has lost velo, he's even more hittable. going to be a long 3 more years with him.

melancon is pretty much finished too.

I'm done with Osich. He's 29. He's pitched in 157 ML games. 4.75 ERA. Totally agree with Melancon

Personally I just think Samardzija is used incorrectly.

Bobby Evans.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Obama

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by rarryronds View Post
    Hunter Pence.... not even a back up role. Looks plain confused at the plate. Like, more than usual.
    Sam Dyson.... throws BP
    Josh Osich.... throws BP

Anyone else.....?
    It's a toughie. In fantasy, you drop someone to pick up a player but that could go south on you as someone else may pick up your drop. In the real game, it's not the same all the time. You just have to cut your losses at some point and it's better to treat the player you DFA fairly. So I wouldn't just DFA somebody because they're under performing. There are reasons. Both Pence and Dyson are in their last year, so the Gs can absorb. Osich's K isn't much and he's arb eligible next year.

Someone else mentioned Mark Melancon. He's out with injuries, so one has to be patient. He still has 2 yrs/$28 M after this year.