Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Daughter player this past weekend, 28 degrees and snowing. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I was pissed about this until I realized the new date is going to fetch me about $100 per ticket on resale whereas I previously had them listed for the 6 dollar Stubhub minimum and they still hadn't sold.
    I'm kicking myself for not snatching up a couple hundred worth of seats this afternoon on stubhub. In addition to the plentiful $6-$7 seats I saw in the infield 400s, I think there was a pair in the 100s behind the Cubs dugout for $20 apiece. Could have made a killing flipping them. The makeup date is perfect too.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    I'm kicking myself for not snatching up a couple hundred worth of seats this afternoon on stubhub. In addition to the plentiful $6-$7 seats I saw in the infield 400s, I think there was a pair in the 100s behind the Cubs dugout for $20 apiece. Could have made a killing flipping them. The makeup date is perfect too.
    I was on StubHub in the process of buying some $7 tickets and when I went to process the payment the "event you are looking for is no longer avaiable" message came up. Went to look on twitter and that's when the news started to leak about the game being cancelled.

Drats!
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Never thought about doing that. Genius.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Rizzo to be activated today. Navarro already sent down to Iowa yesterday I believe

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Also, this tidbit from Jesse Rogers:

#FlyTheW

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

For starters, I doubt the players give back 5% of their salary if they shorten the season by 8 games. And even if they did, this week they would be playing, so there would still be postponements. The only way they can do anything is if everyone agreed to make less money and play more doubleheaders during the year. Maybe start around April 15th and end September 20th or so. Get in 150 to 154 games and play scheduled doubleheaders. On paper this can work, but in reality, it will never happen. And it will not happen because of money.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    For starters, I doubt the players give back 5% of their salary if they shorten the season by 8 games. And even if they did, this week they would be playing, so there would still be postponements. The only way they can do anything is if everyone agreed to make less money and play more doubleheaders during the year. Maybe start around April 15th and end September 20th or so. Get in 150 to 154 games and play scheduled doubleheaders. On paper this can work, but in reality, it will never happen. And it will not happen because of money.
    They wouldn't have to give any money back...heard a guy on the radio say this morning that what the teams would save on the travel costs for the road games would make up for losing 4-5 home games.

Gotta get tonight's game in... Because tomorrows weather in chicago is a high of 37 with 90% chance of rain/snow.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    They wouldn't have to give any money back...heard a guy on the radio say this morning that what the teams would save on the travel costs for the road games would make up for losing 4-5 home games.

Gotta get tonight's game in... Because tomorrows weather in chicago is a high of 37 with 90% chance of rain/snow.
    I agree. However the temps are gonna be low 30s with wind chills getting as low as the high 10s. We will see how that happens.

#FlyTheW

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post

Regardless of if the owners would lose revenue or not, do you really think they would just say they will agree to playing less games and still pay the players the same amount of money? I don't.
    This comes up almost every year. I seriously doubt they all get on board to play less games and to shorten the season by at least 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

The season will absolutely end up shortened in some capacity. How that happens nobody knows.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Each team has 13 Sunday home games. Make every Sunday home game a day/night double header. There's two week right there. Monday is quite often a scheduled day off for half the teams anyway.

As far as the Cubs situation with night game restrictions goes.....**** those residents. That field was there LOOOONG before they moved in. They've been playing night games for 30 years now. If they don't like it, they can move. If it wasn't for that field, their value would be nowhere what it is now. Hard to believe that local residents can dictate how a business that's been there for over 100 can operate. The bars would be elated with the idea also.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Each team has 13 Sunday home games. Make every Sunday home game a day/night double header. There's two week right there. Monday is quite often a scheduled day off for half the teams anyway.

As far as the Cubs situation with night game restrictions goes.....**** those residents. That field was there LOOOONG before they moved in. They've been playing night games for 30 years now. If they don't like it, they can move. If it wasn't for that field, their value would be nowhere what it is now. Hard to believe that local residents can dictate how a business that's been there for over 100 can operate. The bars would be elated with the idea also.
    Couldn't agree more, Tom Tunney can pound dirt as well.

Its such a sad situation...Like you said, if the neighbors don't like, then leave. There are other upscale neighborhoods in Chicago.

If you are upset about large crowds late at night walking through your neighborhood then don't live in Wrigleyville...Those people knew the drill long before they decided to live there...You get no sympathy from me if you don't like it.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post

Actually that is 4 weeks. If each team has 13 home Sunday games that means they also have 13 Sunday road games. So if they play a double header each Sunday that is 26 days they can take off the schedule. In theory that works. But I do not see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Actually that is 4 weeks. If each team has 13 home Sunday games that means they also have 13 Sunday road games. So if they play a double header each Sunday that is 26 days they can take off the schedule. In theory that works. But I do not see it happening.
    You are correct! Then they can do one Sunday a month and it will hardly affect anything. But like you said, I don't see anything happening like that. Partly because it makes too much sense

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast