Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,034
    still going to be losing to the raps if they ever play, then he'll be known as ben 'bend over' simmons

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    still going to be losing to the raps if they ever play, then he'll be known as ben 'bend over' simmons
    So witty I just died

    PROCESSING

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,800
    Like I love Donovan Mitchell and all but I'd trade him for Embiid instantly. I'll figure out how to have him and Gobert on the court at the same time later. This guy is posting some ridiculous stuff here. Yes there will always be worries about another injury and I think he's a total douche but the guy can ****ing ball! And he's barely old enough to drink. So yeah, the guys is real damn good and hasn't even scratched the surface. When he figures out winning basketball (which is a scary thought) he's gonna be basically unstoppable.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,004
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Like I love Donovan Mitchell and all but I'd trade him for Embiid instantly. I'll figure out how to have him and Gobert on the court at the same time later. This guy is posting some ridiculous stuff here. Yes there will always be worries about another injury and I think he's a total douche but the guy can ****ing ball! And he's barely old enough to drink. So yeah, the guys is real damn good and hasn't even scratched the surface. When he figures out winning basketball (which is a scary thought) he's gonna be basically unstoppable.
    yeah I mean that's the question, however the potential for Embiid is pretty astronomical. My only question like I said is that it is kind of undefined right now, and also a big part of what makes Embiid next level compared to say KAT, Aldrige, Horford, Drummond, AD etc (and he is younger than those guys except KAT and has different athleticism too except KAT and AD) but what makes him different is this exquisite 3 point shooting ability

    so I mean there is just a lot for the coaches to pull together into Embiid's overall game. you don't want him to be like a Brooke Lopez guy who takes 10-12 threes and shoots 40% and kind of moves around, plays a bit of center, solid defender, etc. Like that wouldn't be the same as a Shaq or Tim Duncan who just controls the game from downlow. AND with Embiid he's got that option so you can post him up out past the 3 point line let's say, and then he can pass, take you off the dribble, shoot the 3, etc the possibilities are tantalizing but his overall game just has to come together

    Whereas Ben Simmons seems to be figuring this out just before our eyes and looks to have an extremely complete game already, is an A++ point guard already and is heading toward the Finals with his current team already without Embiid even playing right now

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    still going to be losing to the raps if they ever play, then he'll be known as ben 'bend over' simmons
    yeah we'll see. It will be interesting to see if Ben Simmons can be defeated in a seven game series, it's never happened before. I mean we've seen Deroazan and what's his face get folded up and spanked every playoffs for the past ten years

    So let's see what happens against Philly if both teams even get there. Of course all bets are off if the league suddenly decides that the narrative is "It's Toronto's Turn" and they start getting 20 extra FTs a game to compensate for their sucky 3 point shooting, which compared to Philly with Covington, Reddick, Embiid, Saric etc is a gross mismatch

    So as long as tthe league doesn't wake up after a couple weeks and decide that the narrative is "Ben Simmons, the rookie learns to pay his dues" or whatever, to show that the NBA is so hard or whatever.... I mean if that doesn't happen, I mean really watching the games I feel like we still haven't totally seen what Simmons can do if he puts it into 3rd, 4th, 5th gear etc.

    I mean Sixers down by a point, 10 seconds left, Simmons dribbling top of the key, how does your team feel about that? Just exactly WHO on this planet, including Lebron, is gonna stop Simmons just taking it to the hoop and slamming it in everybody's face and getting the And1? I mean all season and going back to summer league, I haven't really seen anybody including Lebron stop Simmons from dribbling the ball anywhere he wants to on the court at anytime so we'll see if all of a sudden the Raptors think they are the team

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,059
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    how high are you right now?
    I wish I was as high as him

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,606
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Like I love Donovan Mitchell and all but I'd trade him for Embiid instantly. I'll figure out how to have him and Gobert on the court at the same time later. This guy is posting some ridiculous stuff here. Yes there will always be worries about another injury and I think he's a total douche but the guy can ****ing ball! And he's barely old enough to drink. So yeah, the guys is real damn good and hasn't even scratched the surface. When he figures out winning basketball (which is a scary thought) he's gonna be basically unstoppable.
    He barely started playing a few years ago too, right?

    Him and Simmons both have serious potential. I don’t ever remember a team rising this fast

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,004
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He barely started playing a few years ago too, right?

    Him and Simmons both have serious potential. I don’t ever remember a team rising this fast

    yeah and somehow people aren't even realizing that right now it is only Simmons, with no Embiid. On a 16 game winning streak and just handled the Miami Heat by 30 in game one of the playoffs. And it looked like Miami was really running hard too, up 10 pts or something early, banging, getting rough... then it's just like Philly quietly has a second gear and it's not even a game

    I will say that Philly has a really nice roster of shooters, including Fultz. All year I didn't think their offense was that well coached, but it seems to be good enough now

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,004
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrr but then I just saw that Philly lost to Miami tonight

    My bad I've been on the computer all afternoon and night didn't even check the scores. I'm sure this will be blasted as another "classic Sssmush move" or whatever

    Anyhow, Miami shot 30 FTs and Philadelphia shot 22 FTs, which is just about almost the margin of victory. So uh yeah this seems in keeping with the "Young hotshot needs to pay his dues, gets shown the ropes by the tough hard hat veteran D-Wade" narrative and makes it more of a series etc etc. Cool so let's just get this narrative out of the way in the first round ok? 6 games and then you can say they had a tough first introduction to the NBA playoffs, and they don't start building a playing time advantage over the Cavs just yet

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    33,200
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He barely started playing a few years ago too, right?

    Him and Simmons both have serious potential. I don’t ever remember a team rising this fast
    Watch the Lakers next year Loc

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    33,200
    Ya’ll been Smussh”ed funny he’s been posting it for years in the Lakers thread and all the guys eating it up in the NBA Forum.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    still going to be losing to the raps if they ever play, then he'll be known as ben 'bend over' simmons
    thats not weird
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,279
    “Of course of course!?”

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrr but then I just saw that Philly lost to Miami tonight

    My bad I've been on the computer all afternoon and night didn't even check the scores. I'm sure this will be blasted as another "classic Sssmush move" or whatever

    Anyhow, Miami shot 30 FTs and Philadelphia shot 22 FTs, which is just about almost the margin of victory. So uh yeah this seems in keeping with the "Young hotshot needs to pay his dues, gets shown the ropes by the tough hard hat veteran D-Wade" narrative and makes it more of a series etc etc. Cool so let's just get this narrative out of the way in the first round ok? 6 games and then you can say they had a tough first introduction to the NBA playoffs, and they don't start building a playing time advantage over the Cavs just yet
    Actually the narrative is all about look how good Philly is doing after suffering so much, leagues gonna do everything in their power to get philly a chip this year. You should be excited about these narratives nba tryina push

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    From 303 to the 614
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrr but then I just saw that Philly lost to Miami tonight

    My bad I've been on the computer all afternoon and night didn't even check the scores. I'm sure this will be blasted as another "classic Sssmush move" or whatever

    Anyhow, Miami shot 30 FTs and Philadelphia shot 22 FTs, which is just about almost the margin of victory. So uh yeah this seems in keeping with the "Young hotshot needs to pay his dues, gets shown the ropes by the tough hard hat veteran D-Wade" narrative and makes it more of a series etc etc. Cool so let's just get this narrative out of the way in the first round ok? 6 games and then you can say they had a tough first introduction to the NBA playoffs, and they don't start building a playing time advantage over the Cavs just yet
    Lmao bro you didnt even watch the game how would you know??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •