Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plz dont lose this

They’re getting all the calls man..
    Its like these refs on a mission to help philly

Quote Originally Posted by lavilevi23 View Post
    Safe to say this entire organization is ready to move on from Whiteside.
    After how many months a few seem to be coming around.

He's not a fit for this team at all. He has poor offensive IQ and a mediocre work ethic. He's made zero improvement, and added no new skills to his game since 3 years ago.

He's an above average NBA player who could do good with other teams and is definitely a starter, but in Miami he simply doesn't make the team better overall.

Ship him to Brooklyn for 2 future unprotected first rounders

Great win, probably would have got blown out again if not for Wade

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Ship him to Brooklyn for 2 future unprotected first rounders
    I know you were joking, but I would trade him in a heartbeat for even just a lottery pick with top 7 protection as long as the contract coming back is also an expiring deal.

People seem to really not understand Whiteside is essentially an expiring contract. It's talked about slightly, but hasn't sunken in yet for most.

What can you get for a 29yr old expiring center who clogs the lane, can't pass for s##t, provides zero leadership and is making $24M?

Wade still the best player at 36, we need him at 18 per game
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Wade coming up big was huge but Olynyk scored 26 points last game and we still lost

One game it might be Wade, Dragic, Olynyk, JJ, whomever scoring 20+ pts....at the end of the if we don't play good defense and most importantly good 3pt defense we have no shot....our defensive intensity plus whomever becomes that 20+ scorer will dictate this series for us

Its going to be interesting if Embiid comes back game 3 since I'll assume Whiteside plays more then but the Olynyk/JJ frontcourt has been monster for us

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I know you were joking, but I would trade him in a heartbeat for even just a lottery pick with top 7 protection as long as the contract coming back is also an expiring deal.

People seem to really not understand Whiteside is essentially an expiring contract. It's talked about slightly, but hasn't sunken in yet for most.

What can you get for a 29yr old expiring center who clogs the lane, can't pass for s##t, provides zero leadership and is making $24M?
    Yes

If somehow (emphasis on somehow) we can package up Whiteside/TJ for expiring contracts and a protected 1st than I think thats a no brainier

We get a healthy Waiters back next year, we get an additional asset in our dry cupboard, our center rotation would be Olynyk/Bam/Mickey which is great and we finally get more cap flexibility which we desperately need if we want to make substantial roster upgrades

But then again to be a one of the top eastern conference teams we need a center that could block, rebound and guard elite bigs. Bam is too raw to be getting 25+ minutes per game on s nightly basis imo...

Quote Originally Posted by lavilevi23 View Post
    But then again to be a one of the top eastern conference teams we need a center that could block, rebound and guard elite bigs. Bam is too raw to be getting 25+ minutes per game on s nightly basis imo...
    There is only 1 elite center in the East and Bam can rebound and guard. We don't need a guy like Whiteside. The team is so much better when he sits and has been the entire year

We are in cap purgatory with no real way to build a contender. BOS and PHI will dominate in the East next year and probably 3-4 years+ (they're the next OKC and GSW).

No one will give us much of value for Whiteside and thinking you can ship Whiteside and TJ in the same deal would probably mean us sending a 1st to someone which is exactly the opposite of what I want Riley to do. We need to stop selling away the future to get these Vets and make these patchwork teams. Try to trade who you can but mainly we need to be terrible for a couple a years and get some top picks to go along with Winslow Bam and J-Rich. Maybe Riley can work some magic, I'm hopeful. All it takes is one team, but I don't see it as of now. It's crazy to me how we don't have one superstar on this team and we still are going to have serious cap problems meanwhile loaded teams like GSW and PHI and BOS are still being talked about how they still have cap to sign another max player. We're a well built 'team' but no star power. If we could somehow replace Waiters/TJ/Whiteside and their 55M+ next couple years into 2 stars we'd be going to battle year in and year out. But there's no scenario where that ever happens or comes true. We're actually going to get worse because we won't be able to afford ellington and winslow and wade will retire any year now and we all know that without him we get swept by the Sixers. Our future is bleak unless someone gets desperate and decides to dance with us as a trade partner.

ANYWAY. Amazing win last night. Wade was amazing with his passing and scoring. Love that guy.
    BRUH

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Even if they play Embiid, I would rather throw a combination of Bam/Olynyk/JJ at him and limit Whiteside. If Winslow stays on top of Simmons that disrupts everyone else.

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Even if they play Embiid, I would rather throw a combination of Bam/Olynyk/JJ at him and limit Whiteside. If Winslow stays on top of Simmons that disrupts everyone else.
    Disagree

If Embidd is here then play Whiteside 30+

He's a different animal when he's facing Embidd...not lazy at all

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast