Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Looking at the box score.. Wall and Beal really performed well, gotta give them credit.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Looking at the box score.. Wall and Beal really performed well, gotta give them credit.
    the difference between their guys and ours is that Beal and Wall both have specific skillsets that they can go to and just takeover. Beal with 3pt shooting, and Wall with pace and passing. Demar and Lowry are great but they're jack of all trade guys that adon't have a specific skill they can go to for automatic buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    I applaud them for changing how they play in the season. They made great progress and I admit, I did not expect it out of them. But all in all, what matters in the end is the playoffs. Aside from the majority of Game 2, I have not been very impressed with our play. And it comes down to the core that we have had. If we disappoint in the playoffs again just like what we are doing right now, it is at that point where we have to make some changes with the personnel since system change is futile because these same people keep doing what they are doing for the past 5 years and never learn. Derozan and co. clearly revert to hero ball when pressure and intensity are through the roof. I still stand by what I said last offseason, we need to break the core to be a successful playoff team.

With that said, I am still a Raptors fan and I would love to be proven wrong.
    You basically just threw away a seasons worth of progress you didnt expect because we are going through struggles that we all knew was coming. Youre already jumpig the gun in a 7 game series...

Obviously playoff succrss matters but majority of the peoplenhere shpuld have expected a 6-7 game series with us showing our prior tendancies for half the series. If you dont believe itll get better in the future then okay but its nowhere near realistic to say that its a "tired" excuse when this is the 1st series we are actially trying out a new system...

Fwiw, if theres 1 old tired excuse that people need to get out of their bad habits, its the "Id sure like to be wrong". Thats the oldest play in the book.

Yes, I did because most of those reasons revolve around Derozan.
    Demar a big reason but they where crap all around. Even Lowry with his good shooting day was unimpressive.
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; Today at 07:28 AM.

Wall was shootib pretty bad most of the game though. In the 25-35% range

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Really tough loss.. Raps started out strong but turn overs really cost them the game.. we had a lot of free throw attempts so itís hard for me to put this on the refs. The turnovers are what really did them in.
    I'm not sure enough has been made of the turnovers down the stretch of the season. Ball movement is greater when it works, but as the defenses have gotten tougher, it is has been a major issue. The Wizards in particular are very good when they get live ball turnovers

Game 1: 18 - 13
    Game 2: 14 - 8
    Game 3: 18 - 11
    Game 4: 18 - 13

We are on the losing side of the turnover battle in every game by a fairly significant margin. The Wizards have turned us over 23 more times than we have turned them over the course of the series so far

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    You basically just threw away a seasons worth of progress you didnt expect because we are going through struggles that we all knew was coming. Youre already jumpig the gun in a 7 game series...

Obviously playoff succrss matters but majority of the peoplenhere shpuld have expected a 6-7 game series with us showing our prior tendancies for half the series. If you dont believe itll get better in the future then okay but its nowhere near realistic to say that its a "tired" excuse when this is the 1st series we are actially trying out a new system...

Fwiw, if theres 1 old tired excuse that people need to get out of their bad habits, its the "Id sure like to be wrong". Thats the oldest play in the book.

Demar a big reason but they where crap all around. Even Lowry with his good shooting day was unimpressive.
    I kept hearing that same excuse during the season when we keep doing the same ISO ball in late game situations. I guess "tired" is not a good word for it but its certainly not a good excuse to use when they keep doing it over and over again.

You missed the keyword "IF". If we disappoint in the playoffs again with an early exit, we blow it up. That's always been my case, not jumping the gun at all.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122