Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    easy to say now, but in the reg season when those guys were playing well, gettin 2 more guys wouldnt have made sense
    Yeah and also, Nogueira is a depth piece. This is JP and Siakams first playoff run so it’s expected to see inconsistency but I still rather have them develop and give them the minutes over Illya and Belly.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah and also, Nogueira is a depth piece. This is JP and Siakams first playoff run so it’s expected to see inconsistency but I still rather have them develop and give them the minutes over Illya and Belly.
    yea I was low in this bench before this season started, but the whole point of this year was letting the old guys like PPat and CoJo go so we can see what these Raps 905 guys are made of. Picking up Bellinelli and Ilyasova at the end of the year completely ruins that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    yea I was low in this bench before this season started, but the whole point of this year was letting the old guys like PPat and CoJo go so we can see what these Raps 905 guys are made of. Picking up Bellinelli and Ilyasova at the end of the year completely ruins that plan.
    I was against getting Ilyasova because I was very high on Siakam but I really like having Belinelli on this team especially with Miles' bad postseason history.

Brown has some potential. I think he will be part of the main roster next year. I’d prefer him over Belli at this point. He could be good, have you watched him on the 905 at all ? He was def a stand out talent
    Yes but not much. I watched probably a couple of games tbh. Brown had a triple double in one game, he was effective when he was looking for his shot. But hes playing away from his strengths in this playoffs, playing very passive. The coaching staff has to recognize that because he is hurting the team. Play Lowry more instead of Brown with FVV out.
    Last edited by Toxeryll; Yesterday at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    I was against getting Ilyasova because I was very high on Siakam but I really like having Belinelli on this team especially with Miles' bad postseason history.
    our defense would be worse off then

Belinelli would theoretically take away Brown and Miller's minutes down the stretch who are neither strong defenders. Belinelli can also play over Miles depending whos hot or not. But I guess that situation wouldn't be enticing enough for Marco to pick us over Philly. The reason for getting a veteran is simple, they are more dependable in the playoffs than the young guys. We are seeing it now.

Belinelli would theoretically take away Brown and Miller's minutes down the stretch who are neither strong defenders. Belinelli can also play over Miles depending whos hot or not. But I guess that situation wouldn't be enticing enough for Marco to pick us over Philly. The reason for getting a veteran is simple, they are more dependable in the playoffs than the young guys. We are seeing it now.
    These players really wouldn’t make or break the team in the playoffs or otherwise. What you’re essentially talking about is 10 mins if that .. would it be a luxury to have a guy like Belly as your 10th player down the bench, sure but he’s not going to move the needle or anything.

These players really wouldn’t make or break the team in the playoffs or otherwise. What you’re essentially talking about is 10 mins if that .. would it be a luxury to have a guy like Belly as your 10th player down the bench, sure but he’s not going to move the needle or anything.
    I disagree. Bellineli is one of the main reasons why the Sixers are up 3-1. Hes been on fire this postseason, that certainly moves the needle. The guy is capable of being our best player off the bench when he gets it going, just like Miles.

agreed. And i'm sure he wouldnt be happy in that role

It seems it’s worked out pretty darn good for Cousins and the Pelicans. They were rolling before he got injured. Also Davis and Rondo seem to love him as a team mate. The organization wants him back to.
    I'm not sure I can agree with that. I know record wise they were about the same before and after his injury (although that in itself is sorta telling).

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I will take that risk everytime especially with giving up only Wright, OG and a pick. If Kawhii comes back healthy and motivated, hes arguably the best two way player in the league.
    Have you considered the possibility that he may be both those things at this very moment? Would that not give you pause?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910