Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    depends on what terms you're talking about. Cena is definitely a better wrestler and promo, but I have Hogan in front because of influence and populating the business.
    Yes, but for me it's "hard" to reward Hogan's influence given that he started off when the industry was young.

I feel like Cena (in that era) would have a bigger impact than Hogan and Hogan's impact would be less in this era. Maybe it's not fair for me to disqualify him in that sense but I kinda look at it as Russell having so many titles because the league was just starting out.

If Hogan had failed there is no WWE today, maybe no wrestling. At least not mainstream anyway. He had two legendary runs on top in two different decades. One as the top face, the second as the top heel. That is why he belongs.

hogan and scsa are just guys you must have. the other 2 spots you can debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Yes, but for me it's "hard" to reward Hogan's influence given that he started off when the industry was young.

I feel like Cena (in that era) would have a bigger impact than Hogan and Hogan's impact would be less in this era. Maybe it's not fair for me to disqualify him in that sense but I kinda look at it as Russell having so many titles because the league was just starting out.
    I'm not sure about that. Hogan was perfect for that era because of his size as well. Maybe Cena woulda been considered too short? Even if Cena woulda been better, Mt Rushmore shouldn't be about if's/and's/but's. It should be about facts.

OT: I dont think Russell is a top 4 guy all-time but i'd have in in the NBA Mt Rushmore because of what his accomplishments and social impact.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 04-15-2018 at 10:13 PM.

I'm not sure about that. Hogan was perfect for that era because of his size as well. Maybe Cena woulda been considered too short? Even if Cena woulda been better, Mt Rushmore shouldn't be about if's/and's/but's. It should be about facts.

OT: I dont think Russell is a top 4 guy all-time but i'd have in in the NBA Mt Rushmore because of what his accomplishments and social impact.
    Yeah its not necessarily whose better in my opinion but who did more for the business. Cena has had a HUGE impact but there would be no Cena without Hogan.

Hogan is the easiest choice of all. If there was a draft for this, he’d go number 1. MAYBE you could argue Vince over him, because Vince was far more than just a wrestler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard for me to make a general wresting Mt. Rushmore. Easier to do a WWE one and it would Hogan, Austin, Rock and Cena - based on drawing power.

Austin, Taker, Bret, The Rock

Wait a minute, how did HBK start the attitude era????

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Wait a minute, how did HBK start the attitude era????
    He didn't. I have been watching weekly since Raw started and it started to get edgy with Goldust and when Austin turned into Stone Cold right after he won KOTR. They started calling him Stone Cold around Mania of that year, but he didn't break out until KOTR. After that he was harassing people backstage and then in the fall of that year they did the gun angle with Pillman.

Michaels was still a face until the summer of 1997. He felt they needed to do things more adult oriented, but the people behind it were the two Vinces. Vince Russo came up with a lot of the ideas and Mcmahon signed off on it because he was desperate.

That's a good point. I guess I would have to put Hogan there even though he's terrible all around.

Vince, Hogan, Flair, Austin

Honorable Mentions: Cena, Rock, Taker, Bruno, Andre, HBK, HHH
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Bruno’s an interesting one. An argument could certainly be made for Him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do people even remember Bruno?

For the perspective of somebody on the outside looking in on wrestling (early 30's), the first four names that come to mind for me are Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Andre The Giant and The Rock. Stone Cold is right there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast