Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So what you're saying is Dez is not the $12.5mil/yr player he was scheduled to make this year, which is what Jerry thought. The problem is, Jerry, for whatever reason, also decided Dez wasn't worth whatever Jerry may have been willing to offer him either.
    I think Dez is worth the $12.5M he would have made this year. Look at the FA deals that were just paid out... Dez in his worst year put together better numbers than the guys who just got paid.

All you have to do is watch the film and you'll see that this weird commentary constructed about how Dez doesn't do things well anymore doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Whoever signs Dez is going to be getting a sweet deal on a really talented player. This commentary is so absurd that Dez only runs 3 routes. Like a guy who can only do 3 routes somehow put together over 7500 yards and 73 touchdowns in his career was just super lucky, he never got himself open.

I think the commentary mostly comes from Cowboys fans who think that Dak is being held back by his receivers when in reality, again when watching the film, shows that he misses way too many throws. He has poor footwork and doesn't do well with pre-snap reads. I can't stress how much watching the film on Dez and Dak will change your perspective. It changed my mind on Dak and I was one of his staunchest defenders in here all year. I argued that he was the most important player on the Cowboys. More important than Tyron Smith or Ezekiel Elliott. Boy was I wrong.
    Last edited by Mamba42; 04-14-2018 at 10:45 AM.

I'm Dezastated over this...lol...i wanted them to keep him but if they use the money to improve the team ...egghhh...I'm still not good with it. You got rid of your best WR without a replacement. You can't bank on grabbing a WR1 from any draft. They really need to start giving other TE a chance to catch some balls and run Zeke till the wheels fall off now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think Dez is worth the $12.5M he would have made this year. Look at the FA deals that were just paid out... Dez in his worst year put together better numbers than the guys who just got paid.

All you have to do is watch the film and you'll see that this weird commentary constructed about how Dez doesn't do things well anymore doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Whoever signs Dez is going to be getting a sweet deal on a really talented player. This commentary is so absurd that Dez only runs 3 routes. Like a guy who can only do 3 routes somehow put together over 7500 yards and 73 touchdowns in his career was just super lucky, he never got himself open.

I think the commentary mostly comes from Cowboys fans who think that Dak is being held back by his receivers when in reality, again when watching the film, shows that he misses way too many throws. He has poor footwork and doesn't do well with pre-snap reads. I can't stress how much watching the film on Dez and Dak will change your perspective. It changed my mind on Dak and I was one of his staunchest defenders in here all year. I argued that he was the most important player on the Cowboys. More important than Tyron Smith or Ezekiel Elliott. Boy was I wrong.
    They were both to blame a lot of the time. Dez did not give great effort on a lot of very catchable balls however. I actually forgot how many till they showed them over and over while discussing this. I made a comment that Brice Butler had more great catches then Dez last year. Not catch and run but a highlight real catch. And even though I thought he was gonna bounce back I stand by that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Dak played a role in the cowboys kicking Dez off the team? Wow.. I thought this guy was the ultimate team leader.. Is that what team leaders do, kick people off the team that they don't like?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    They do if the guy is a distraction, continuously shows up late for meetings, and fails to improve his game.

In terms of the Dak thing, I think there might be something to it. Nearly all of the Cowboys players who have twitter said their goodbyes and good lucks to Dez Bryant after he got cut. There were two prominent exceptions to that, though: Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott.

It's pretty weird to think Dak would want him gone given that Dez Bryant was one of the main people championing him in the locker room in 2016 when Romo was healthy enough to come back. Of course Dez loved Romo, but he thought the team needed to be behind Prescott. Then last year you start getting comments from Dak saying "maybe I just need to hit him in the facemask and he won't drop it" and stuff (which is sort of dumb. Dez had some drops last year, but the amount of missed throws from Dak were a much bigger problem from what I can tell).

It seems like Dak definitely wanted Dez gone and maybe Zeke too.

I've gotta say it makes me like Dak and Zeke a whole lot less.
    Dez was interviewed yesterday on the NFL Network and made a mention that the ďGarrett guysĒ were partly responsible for him being released. He mentioned the guys with the C on their jersey. Not hard to figure out he was talking about Dak, Witten, and Fredrick as the guys that wanted him off the team.

I've made this case many times, but people in here are severely overplaying the Dez is washed up angle. I am a firm believer that it is the lack of quality targets from Dak Prescott that have limited the production of Bryant the last few years, not the other way around. Just go and watch the video on YouTube of all of the incompletions for Dez last year. Sure, some of them are on him but he could have easily have another 4-6 TDs on just missed throws from Dak. (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzIlUmUWnCU)

Also check this out too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOw6CmXxQc
    I do think that Dak was a big reason for some of Dezís drops. Not all but some. Dez also had several passes that hit him right in the hands that he couldnít hold on to. Several were behind Dez or over his head too. Itís no secret that Dak is not the most accurate QB in the NFL. Thatís part of the reason Dez needed to go. Dak needs guys that are really good route runners and guys that can get separation. Dez isnít that guy. I fully expect the Cowboys to target Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore or Christian Kirk in rounds 1 or 2 of the draft (possibly in a trade down scenario).

As for Dez, he still has game but he needs to go to a team with an elite veteran QB and a strong coaching staff. He needs a a QB that first, isnít going to take his ****. Second, a guy that is accurate and can get him the ball where he needs it. If he were smart (which we all know heís not) he would take a vet min deal for 1 year and go play for the Saints, Packers, or Patriots. Any team with a young QB would be the worst place for him. That rules out the Rams or Eagles. The last thing those teams need is Dez barking in the ear of their young stud QBís. Brees, Rodgers, and Brady have the skins on the wall to be able to tell him to shut the **** up and get open.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He needs to do the TO style reinvention. Learn to run routes, learn to cut harder, use his strength to be able to become a route running possession machine. Moving from a physical beast to someone who uses his strength to leverage getting open can give him a new lease on his career.
    He should have been doing that in his first couple of years in the NFL, not going into his 9th season.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So what you're saying is Dez is not the $12.5mil/yr player he was scheduled to make this year, which is what Jerry thought. The problem is, Jerry, for whatever reason, also decided Dez wasn't worth whatever Jerry may have been willing to offer him either.
    That decision was all Jerry and Will McClay (and to a lesser extent Red and some of the players). Jerry has said this was a group decision and he was basically out voted. I think Jerry would have offered him to take a paycut to stay but Stephen (the money man) wanted no part of Dez.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I'm Dezastated over this...lol...i wanted them to keep him but if they use the money to improve the team ...egghhh...I'm still not good with it. You got rid of your best WR without a replacement. You can't bank on grabbing a WR1 from any draft. They really need to start giving other TE a chance to catch some balls and run Zeke till the wheels fall off now.
    As long as Witten is still playing no other TE will be given a legit chance to replace him. Witten is notorious for refusing to come off the field. Heís even said that any draft pick spent on a TE would be a waisted pick while heís still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    He should have been doing that in his first couple of years in the NFL, not going into his 9th season.
    While I agree.....he got by with sheer talent until the last 2-3 years.

PROCESSING

Dez was interviewed yesterday on the NFL Network and made a mention that the ďGarrett guysĒ were partly responsible for him being released. He mentioned the guys with the C on their jersey. Not hard to figure out he was talking about Dak, Witten, and Fredrick as the guys that wanted him off the team.
    Yeah it's fairly obvious. I don't know if Witten wanted Dez gone. Maybe I'm assuming because Romo appreciated Dez Witten did too, but I can't say for sure.

I do think that Dak was a big reason for some of Dezís drops. Not all but some. Dez also had several passes that hit him right in the hands that he couldnít hold on to. Several were behind Dez or over his head too. Itís no secret that Dak is not the most accurate QB in the NFL. Thatís part of the reason Dez needed to go. Dak needs guys that are really good route runners and guys that can get separation. Dez isnít that guy. I fully expect the Cowboys to target Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore or Christian Kirk in rounds 1 or 2 of the draft (possibly in a trade down scenario).

As for Dez, he still has game but he needs to go to a team with an elite veteran QB and a strong coaching staff. He needs a a QB that first, isnít going to take his ****. Second, a guy that is accurate and can get him the ball where he needs it. If he were smart (which we all know heís not) he would take a vet min deal for 1 year and go play for the Saints, Packers, or Patriots. Any team with a young QB would be the worst place for him. That rules out the Rams or Eagles. The last thing those teams need is Dez barking in the ear of their young stud QBís. Brees, Rodgers, and Brady have the skins on the wall to be able to tell him to shut the **** up and get open.
    I agree he should go to a team with an accurate QB. I think Washington makes a lot of sense for him, so do that Pats. Watching film shows Dez creates quite a bit of separation but you can have all the separation in the world but if the ball isn't placed in the right spot it doesn't matter. Beasley created a lot of open routes for himself last year and Dak just plain missed him a lot. There is a heck of a lot that Dak needs to improve on and now he no longer has a scape goat.

I've made this case many times, but people in here are severely overplaying the Dez is washed up angle. I am a firm believer that it is the lack of quality targets from Dak Prescott that have limited the production of Bryant the last few years, not the other way around. Just go and watch the video on YouTube of all of the incompletions for Dez last year. Sure, some of them are on him but he could have easily have another 4-6 TDs on just missed throws from Dak. (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzIlUmUWnCU)

Also check this out too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOw6CmXxQc
    Did you make these vids mamba? Good stuff. It's a little bit of both, but I think if anything dak needs to step up. He needs to place a lot of those balls better

Your baby can't do this

Dallas fans:

2017 - Dez is elite
    2018 - Dez sucks, donít need him

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Dallas fans:

2017 - Dez is elite

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Did you make these vids mamba? Good stuff. It's a little bit of both, but I think if anything dak needs to step up. He needs to place a lot of those balls better

I wish I had the football intelligence of the dude who makes the videos. I think Dez has regressed since 2014 for sure. I mean he is a physical receiver who has dealt with injuries. That being said, I don't think he has regressed as far as most people want to act like. He's still plenty capable of being a teams #1 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Dallas fans:

2017 - Dez is elite
    Philly fans when the **** are we going to win the big one .
    Oh **** we won, letís eat some horse **** as a celebratory way

Lol jk.... canít wait for the ****ing draft .... letís go already
    #BringBackMatty

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast