Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    TomDegenerate
    Last time Dez had 1000 yards in a season: 2014.
    Last time Megatron had 1000 yards in a season: 2015.
    Found that funny.

I remember when Dez was supposed to have 1500/15 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The rumor mill is spinning right now.

Dez retweetet Jerry Jones' statement on his release, highlighting the sentence, "We arrived at this crossroad collectively with input from several voices within the organization."

One rumor is, "Dak has his hand in this"

Another beat reporter claims he got a text from a teammate saying, "Dez called out the coaches, like they do us," and that it also played a role in the decision.

So apparently Dez is still good with the "sag nut" -- just not everybody else.
    Dak played a role in the cowboys kicking Dez off the team? Wow.. I thought this guy was the ultimate team leader.. Is that what team leaders do, kick people off the team that they don't like?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I remember when Dez was supposed to have 1500/15 last season.
    He actually got those numbers.. Almost.. Well, if you combine his totals from the previous two seasons.

Your baby can't do this

In terms of QBs, Eli Manning and Alex Smith would probably work well with Dez.

Also Dez retweeted a guy saying, "Gotta think Dez will look into playing for NYG, Philly or Wash...so he can play Cowboys twice."
    I think Washington does make a move for Dez. I just never felt like Washington ever wanted to commit to Doctson.
    Last edited by jason17; 04-14-2018 at 12:15 AM.

The Dez Bryant story is going to have a sad ending.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Your thoughts

I feel like its going to be a Pats / Texans AFC rep. against a Rams / Eagles - Packers NFC rep. with each conference having a dark horse / sleeper who could emerge if all the cards fall in place rightfully.

with that said Dez should be looking at in no specific order: Rams, Niners, Titans, Colts, Texans, Giants, Skins, Pats, Eagles, Packers, Seahawks, Cards and Jags. Thing is are any of those teams interested, which I feel a few at least would be, or should

Dez has options, but only if the price is right for the team that is pursuing him, they wont over pay so it will be a show and prove type deal no doubt

if I were Dez I would stay in the nfc conference, only afc team on my radar would be Houston, to stick it to Jerry and go to a Super Bowl with the other Texas team, that would haunt Jerry for life and make Dez a Texas legend at the same time, well depending on how he performs if that were to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerson Perriot View Post
    The Dez Bryant story is going to have a sad ending.
    Not really, usually players decline after years / big contract

that's the tricky thing about extending players beyond what they are actually worth moving ahead as to paying them for past service with the new mega deals given these days

its only a handful or two players in the entire league worth max deals on both sides of the ball each, but you got guys who shouldn't but get high salary deals that shouldn't but the market is just that, a monopoly game in unlimited fashion

this wont the first time something had a sad ending, look how E Smith ended up when he left Dallas and played for I think Arizona or whoever, it was sad, it happens to most who over stay, not many can get out like Barry on top of their game or Megatron, they usually end up like J Rice and others who can still be serviceable but not like the 1st ballot HOF game they use to display on a game to game basis, so its always a declining stage / ending for most who wear out their welcome / body, nothing new under the sun

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Dak played a role in the cowboys kicking Dez off the team? Wow.. I thought this guy was the ultimate team leader.. Is that what team leaders do, kick people off the team that they don't like?

of course they do, they kick'em off and recruit who they want, at least from my understanding in sports they do that, not all but a very nice portion of leaders / players

Dak is feeling himself right now, qb of so called America's team and coming into a make or break season which he has to prove is he a fluke or proven like his rookie year, this will say who he is pretty much and with the numbers say is he wasn't successful this past season with Dez and this is not his guy but who Romo was more connected with, Dak wants new weapons and rightfully so has a lot of say in this matter since he is the car keys and driver of the Boys

Dallas should go get him Beckham and should have signed they best TE on free agent market, or draft one because Witten is running literally on E

Dak is the type of qb I feel needs a top tier defense more than a dynamic offense because he doesn't make many mistakes and is accurate and mobile to make safe plays throughout the game, he is Steve Young like, if he had a stronger arm he would be McNair like or even Mcnabb
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 04-14-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Rams would seem a likely landing spot but I think salary will be the defining cause where he lands.Salary and route running would seem to rule out the Pats but he claims to be focusing the off season on route running so it's hard to say.

The rumor mill is spinning right now.

Dez retweetet Jerry Jones' statement on his release, highlighting the sentence, "We arrived at this crossroad collectively with input from several voices within the organization."

One rumor is, "Dak has his hand in this"

Another beat reporter claims he got a text from a teammate saying, "Dez called out the coaches, like they do us," and that it also played a role in the decision.

So apparently Dez is still good with the "sag nut" -- just not everybody else.
    In terms of the Dak thing, I think there might be something to it. Nearly all of the Cowboys players who have twitter said their goodbyes and good lucks to Dez Bryant after he got cut. There were two prominent exceptions to that, though: Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott.

It's pretty weird to think Dak would want him gone given that Dez Bryant was one of the main people championing him in the locker room in 2016 when Romo was healthy enough to come back. Of course Dez loved Romo, but he thought the team needed to be behind Prescott. Then last year you start getting comments from Dak saying "maybe I just need to hit him in the facemask and he won't drop it" and stuff (which is sort of dumb. Dez had some drops last year, but the amount of missed throws from Dak were a much bigger problem from what I can tell).

It seems like Dak definitely wanted Dez gone and maybe Zeke too.

I've gotta say it makes me like Dak and Zeke a whole lot less.

I've made this case many times, but people in here are severely overplaying the Dez is washed up angle. I am a firm believer that it is the lack of quality targets from Dak Prescott that have limited the production of Bryant the last few years, not the other way around. Just go and watch the video on YouTube of all of the incompletions for Dez last year. Sure, some of them are on him but he could have easily have another 4-6 TDs on just missed throws from Dak. (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzIlUmUWnCU)

Also check this out too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOw6CmXxQc

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I've made this case many times, but people in here are severely overplaying the Dez is washed up angle. I am a firm believer that it is the lack of quality targets from Dak Prescott that have limited the production of Bryant the last few years, not the other way around. Just go and watch the video on YouTube of all of the incompletions for Dez last year. Sure, some of them are on him but he could have easily have another 4-6 TDs on just missed throws from Dak. (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzIlUmUWnCU)

Also check this out too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOw6CmXxQc
    He needs to do the TO style reinvention. Learn to run routes, learn to cut harder, use his strength to be able to become a route running possession machine. Moving from a physical beast to someone who uses his strength to leverage getting open can give him a new lease on his career.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He needs to do the TO style reinvention. Learn to run routes, learn to cut harder, use his strength to be able to become a route running possession machine. Moving from a physical beast to someone who uses his strength to leverage getting open can give him a new lease on his career.
    I agree, he needs to alter his game as he ages but the idea that it's just all of a sudden that Dez is terrible is not true. Maybe he isn't 2014 Dez anymore, that's fine. He can still be a really good WR with a QB who can make good throws. Dez can run routes, people say he can't but my retort is just watch the tape baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I agree, he needs to alter his game as he ages but the idea that it's just all of a sudden that Dez is terrible is not true. Maybe he isn't 2014 Dez anymore, that's fine. He can still be a really good WR with a QB who can make good throws. Dez can run routes, people say he can't but my retort is just watch the tape baby!
    So what you're saying is Dez is not the $12.5mil/yr player he was scheduled to make this year, which is what Jerry thought. The problem is, Jerry, for whatever reason, also decided Dez wasn't worth whatever Jerry may have been willing to offer him either.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast