Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vike4Life8790 View Post
    I agree with this. No matter who we pick, I appreciate the fact that mills and Perry have cast a wide net with this coaching search. Unlike Phil who only wanted a yes man who would run his system and gave no coaches with a different opinion a chance.
    Yea over the years with our millions of coaches we never gave the Knicks guys as shot - Ewing, JVG, Thibs, Mark Jax etc. It made us look bad to at least not interview. It was like we didn't interview in defiance to what the media and fans pushing for. I think that is what this is really all about.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Part of me feels like the JVG, Jax, Woody stuff is really more of a PR move than anything, I have a feeling we end up "blown away" by Stackhouse or Fizdale and hire one of them, and we can say that at least we "did right" by interviewing all the guys the fans and media say we should. We used to get trashed for never giving Ewing an interview, I don't consider those guys serious candidates at this point but I could be wrong.
    I appreciate the wide net the FO is casting in this coaching search, I love it. But Stackhouse is the only one on the list that has 0 nba coaching experience. That does worry me just like Fisher did. All the other candidates have learned something from their previous stops and will do things differently than their previous tenures, Stackhouse is going to make mistakes and end up like Luke Walton...overrated, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Get Blatt and get that Princeton offense going.
    Princeton offense is my favorite offense of all time. For those who don't know what that offense looks like, see the 2000-2004 Sacramento Kings with bibby, webber, divac and stojakovic. The beauty of that offense on shines when you have willing and skilled passers at all 5 positions and is predicated on constant movement. Need a very good shooting point guard and Frank is not that however Frank could be a much better shooting doug Christie who was also a great lockdown defender.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I appreciate the wide net the FO is casting in this coaching search, I love it. But Stackhouse is the only one on the list that has 0 nba coaching experience. That does worry me just like Fisher did. All the other candidates have learned something from their previous stops and will do things differently than their previous tenures, Stackhouse is going to make mistakes and end up like Luke Walton...overrated, imo.

Princeton offense is my favorite offense of all time. For those who don't know what that offense looks like, see the 2000-2004 Sacramento Kings with bibby, webber, divac and stojakovic. The beauty of that offense on shines when you have willing and skilled passers at all 5 positions and is predicated on constant movement. Need a very good shooting point guard and Frank is not that however Frank could be a much better shooting doug Christie who was also a great lockdown defender.
    Stackhouse has coaching experience - albeit D-League but he's still been a coach and gameplanned for opponents etc. unlike Fisher.

For every Walton there is a Kerr, I'm not really worried about taking a shot at an inexperienced guy if we feel he is the right guy for the job.

For the record I think Luke will be a very good coach for a long time in this league.

Blatt if we go experienced, Stackhouse if we go fresh.

Give me stackhouse he won't cost a lot and he's newbie so media can't dump playoffs pressure on him. I was ok fizdale also but i think he might be phil 2.0 as in telling media what he really thinks of his players lol.

Ian Begley

@IanBegley
    The Knicks have not shown any interest in Jeff Van Gundy as a candidate for their head-coaching position at this point, league sources told ESPN. Full story coming.

2:54 PM - Apr 16, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ISIAH_THOMAS View Post
    Ian Begley

@IanBegley
    The Knicks have not shown any interest in Jeff Van Gundy as a candidate for their head-coaching position at this point, league sources told ESPN. Full story coming.

Thank god.

Ian Begley

@IanBegley

Yeah, I worry he's too long removed. During their press conference, the emphasized being in touch with today's players and today's game.

Yea over the years with our millions of coaches we never gave the Knicks guys as shot - Ewing, JVG, Thibs, Mark Jax etc. It made us look bad to at least not interview. It was like we didn't interview in defiance to what the media and fans pushing for. I think that is what this is really all about.
    I never wanted Ewing to coach for the simple fact if he sucked at coaching that would of hurt his legacy imo

If they aren't getting jay wright I might be on the blatt train. With all these overseas guys he could really unleash kp and franks upside

Stack house is a darkhorse because he could be the next great coach, but I'm not sure they want somebody without any head coach experience in the NBA

These other retreats like Jackson don't interest me
    I think they want him for assistant, but I would leave that decision to the new head coach; whoever the person is.

For the record I think Luke will be a very good coach for a long time in this league.
    From afar, I don't understand the criticisms about Luke. He looks to be doing a pretty good job with that team.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    From afar, I don't understand the criticisms about Luke. He looks to be doing a pretty good job with that team.
    Yep. I agree with D. I think he will be a successful coach in this league for a long time

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Thank god.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I never wanted Ewing to coach for the simple fact if he sucked at coaching that would of hurt his legacy imo
    Exactly the way I feel.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast