Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    A 29 year old pitcher “past his prime”?

Come on now...
    Does he look like hes in the middle of his prime to you? Honest question.

Did you ever watch Q on the Sox? Dude was a wizard...Now? Lolz
    Last edited by Cubs420; 05-14-2018 at 06:09 PM.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Does he look like hes in the middle of his prime to you? Honest question.

Did you ever watch Q on the Sox? Dude was a wizard...Now? Lolz
    Yes I did watch Q when he was on the Sox. He was that same pitcher for most of the 2nd half last season with the Cubs.

Clearly he hasn’t been good this year, but I’m not labeling him a bust.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

4/13-4/15: Braves (7-5) at Cubs (6-6)

I'm guessing the people who are worked up won't care but that Bautista HR was lucky as hell. He hit it at a 43 degree angle, with a 16% hit probability. The Flowers HR is also a hit less than 50% of the time based on velocity/launch angle. Those are bad breaks.

Don't mistake this as me saying Q was good. He's been bad this season. His velocity is down and his control is the worst of his career. It's a concern.

Results are results, but just know that you are also mad at the weather.

A 29 year old pitcher “past his prime”?

Come on now...
    It’s possible. Career arcs of players have changed significantly since testing began.
    He was never really a stuff guy, and his stuff appears to be getting worse. A lot of his value in the past was accumulating innings where others pitchers weren’t. He’s definitely not doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    It’s possible. Career arcs of players have changed significantly since testing began.
    He was never really a stuff guy, and his stuff appears to be getting worse. A lot of his value in the past was accumulating innings where others pitchers weren’t. He’s definitely not doing that.
    His value was he could locate his pitches like a boss...He isnt doing that anymore.

When a pitcher with average stuff loses his pin point control? Watch out, its gonna get ugly.

Seriously...
    Still wanna hear your answer why Eloy + for Cole is wayyy worse than Eloy + for Q?

I get it, Pirates are in the division...but who is worried about the pirates over the next 2-3 years? No one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Still wanna hear your answer why Eloy + for Cole is wayyy worse than Eloy + for Q?

I get it, Pirates are in the division...but who is worried about the pirates over the next 2-3 years? No one.
    Well based on your how you’ve stated your recent posts about Quintana, why shouldn’t we be worried about the Pirates? They’re ahead of us in the standings...

Also, you can put anyone on that Astros team and they’d look real damn good as well. Had Cole been on the Cubs and had been playing the way Q has this year, I’m sure you’d be saying the same damn thing.

This year, Cole has obviously been better than Q...but career wise? I’ll take Q over Cole
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 05-14-2018 at 06:49 PM.

#FlyTheW

I mean: Charlie ****ing Morton is having a career revival with the Astros.

He was a bum with the Pirates...

#FlyTheW

Well based on your how you’ve stated your recent posts about Quintana, why shouldn’t we be worried about the Pirates? They’re ahead of us in the standings...

Also, you can put anyone on that Astros team and they’d look real damn good as well. Had Cole been on the Cubs and had been playing the way Q has this year, I’m sure you’d be saying the same damn thing.

This year, Cole has obviously been better than Q...but career wise? I’ll take Q over Cole
    Pirates are ahead of us because they got off to a great start two weeks that they havent and wont sustain.

Cole is good because hes good and hes been good in the past. him wearing an Astros uniform and hat isnt causing him to strike out 10 guys a game I dont think...

Shoot id rather the Cubs gone after Verlander at this point...He wouldnt even have taken Eloy to get IMO.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 05-14-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Quintana had a really fantastic second half of baseball last year. He was a top-15 SP in baseball after his trade.

Yeah he's had a few mediocre starts here in to start, but he'd really been turning it on the last few starts. There's far too much track record on Jose Quintana to call him underwhelming or that he sucks. He's been neither, outside of a few starts in April.
    Quintana gave up four more earned runs than Lackey post all star break in 2017. A difference of about ten innings pitched (granted) but he was not fantastic outside of two overall starts in Baltimore and Milwaukee. Certainly not among the top 15 pitchers in MLB. He had more terrible starts than fantastic starts with a lot of average mixed in there. Got his butt rocked early in several games. This year? Just totally lackluster. We got our butts kicked on that trade and gave up a top prospect for an inconsistent number four. And that is exactly what he has been as a Cub no matter what some misleading metric says. Hendricks, Lester, and Arrieta were ahead of him in the postseason rotation for a very good reason.
    Last edited by Vince70; 05-14-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Looks like Cishek should be getting a letter in the mail soon

#FlyTheW

Looks like Cishek should be getting a letter in the mail soon

The cameras stayed on Cishek’s cleats longer than they normally would, at least for about 10 seconds lol. It felt like a bit of an “up yours” to MLB.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 05-14-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Yeah I’m still ok with Q.
    Are you okay with Q as a pitcher, or how he's pitched this year?

Regarding Q...

https://twitter.com/mj99_1/status/99...475741701?s=21

This is the issue. His stuff is down. If his stuff comes back he's back to normal. If not, that's really bad for the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Are you okay with Q as a pitcher, or how he's pitched this year?
    My take on it is Q's second half bWAR was no different than his first half last year. His bWAR last year was down significantly from years prior. In my opinion, he is in no way the pitcher the Cubs thought they were getting and in no way has he performed even close to what he had established himself as on the White Sox.

The Cubs have gotten no. 4 type results - no. 5 type results this year - from Q when they expected no. 2 or at worst no. 3. Anyone with half a brain knows it. He wasn't attractive just because he was cost controlled - it was because he was cost controlled and good. He hasn't been good since he's been with the Cubs rendering his control a moot point.
    Last edited by Seyton; 05-14-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Do unto others as you would have done unto you

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast