Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I'm a big Frank guy as anyone on here regularly knows but of course I'd include him in a deal for Kawhi in a second, AS LONG AS Kawhi is actually healthy. That is a question mark to me right now. It sort of seems like he is but we Knicks fans have been bamboozled before. Nene was a nobody when we dealt him for the rising star McDyess, only to have McDyess never even suit up for us while grey haired Nene is STILL in the damn league helping the best team in the world on their quest to a chip.

That cannot happen again. It just can't. And I love Kawhi, he's one of my favorite players in the league and again if he's healthy sure bye bye Frank and some firsts but he damn well actually better be healthy and be the Kawhi we all have seen over the past few years.
    not really a good comparison, McDyess got hurt playing not because he was hurt, that was a nasty injury as a Knick, it happens, at the time it was a good trade, we can't harp on those , and today the medical staff's have so many more tools to use to see for one thing if a player is ready to get back and what med capability is he in.

I'm not worried in that regard, I'm more concerned on what took place for a player of his stature not to return for the playoffs. but their loss can be someone else's Grand slam.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    not really a good comparison, McDyess got hurt playing not because he was hurt, that was a nasty injury as a Knick, it happens, at the time it was a good trade, we can't harp on those , and today the medical staff's have so many more tools to use to see for one thing if a player is ready to get back and what med capability is he in.

I'm not worried in that regard, I'm more concerned on what took place for a player of his stature not to return for the playoffs. but their loss can be someone else's Grand slam.
    Again I'm with you but we've been burned alot. When other teams are looking for someone to fleece you know we're number 1 on that speed dial. Just saying buyer beware, it's a better policy than whatever we've done for the past 18 years.

Again I'm with you but we've been burned alot. When other teams are looking for someone to fleece you know we're number 1 on that speed dial. Just saying buyer beware, it's a better policy than whatever we've done for the past 18 years.
    I just want to add about Antonio I was big fan he was not only a great player but person.

He had some really good years for Detroit and then SA as the 6th man, it was the Knicks giving up on him not the injury so to speak, and we did trade him to the suns with two firsts for Marbury............ooch.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I just want to add about Antonio I was big fan he was not only a great player but person.

He had some really good years for Detroit and then SA as the 6th man, it was the Knicks giving up on him not the injury so to speak, and we did trade him to the suns with two firsts for Marbury............ooch.
    haha yeah one of those firsts became Gordon Heyward.

But sure we gave up on him, we give up on everybody almost. Still he was a reclamation project 6th man at best. Nene was a high caliber starter for almost his entire career, helping his teams go to the playoffs a bunch of times.

I'm just saying... something weird is happening with Kawhi. I want to know exactly what the deal is before sending off a huge package for him (and make no mistake it will take a serious package).

I'm a big Frank guy as anyone on here regularly knows but of course I'd include him in a deal for Kawhi in a second, AS LONG AS Kawhi is actually healthy. That is a question mark to me right now. It sort of seems like he is but we Knicks fans have been bamboozled before. Nene was a nobody when we dealt him for the rising star McDyess, only to have McDyess never even suit up for us while grey haired Nene is STILL in the damn league helping the best team in the world on their quest to a chip.

That cannot happen again. It just can't. And I love Kawhi, he's one of my favorite players in the league and again if he's healthy sure bye bye Frank and some firsts but he damn well actually better be healthy and be the Kawhi we all have seen over the past few years.
    This. Plus it wouldnít be just Frank for him obviously itís be Frank our pick this year and another 1-2 picks. You know some people on here say Frank isnít worth a 2nd round pick and then think him and 1 pick will get Kawhi. I love Kahwi but there will be better packages out there, we donít know if heís healthy., we wonít have KP next year for most of the year so it might be a lost year even with Kawhi, our cap situation would be a disaster, and heíll be a free agent in 2019. Itís not a scenario that looks great short and long term even with a great a player as he is. We are just in a rough spot talent wise for trades and cap wise for free agents.

delete

Kp might be better at the 4 especially after the acl injury

KP- Make sure the guy heals 100%, at least sit him 2/3's of the season to ensure we'll be in full tank mode.
    THJr- Make him our main guy while KP's out and see if he could grow his game and live up to Steve Mill's expectations.
    Frank- continue to develop his offensive game whether it be pg or sg.
    Trey- he is better off as our 6th man in the form of AI lite.
    Mikal Bridges- Draft him as our 9th pick, if not avaible then get Miles
    37th pick- Package this pick along with Mudiay to maybe get a mid or late 1st rd pick and draft Anfernee Simons, if not available get Isaac Bongga. Either could be a good project moving forward.
    Kanter- Let him walk for cap space, or sign and trade him for a young prospect, or if wants to stay then I'm ok if he would give us a huge discount.
    Noah- Let him play and be part of the tank team, and let's wait till he expires.
    Lee, Thomas, Baker- Try to trade these guys for cap space or more 2nd rounders.
    Dotson- He'll probably be part of any trades as a sweetener.

-I now baptized you as Porzingod.

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    KP- Make sure the guy heals 100%, at least sit him 2/3's of the season to ensure we'll be in full tank mode.
    THJr- Make him our main guy while KP's out and see if he could grow his game and live up to Steve Mill's expectations.
    Frank- continue to develop his offensive game whether it be pg or sg.
    Trey- he is better off as our 6th man in the form of AI lite.
    Mikal Bridges- Draft him as our 9th pick, if not avaible then get Miles
    37th pick- Package this pick along with Mudiay to maybe get a mid or late 1st rd pick and draft Anfernee Simons, if not available get Isaac Bongga. Either could be a good project moving forward.
    Kanter- Let him walk for cap space, or sign and trade him for a young prospect, or if wants to stay then I'm ok if he would give us a huge discount.
    Noah- Let him play and be part of the tank team, and let's wait till he expires.
    Lee, Thomas, Baker- Try to trade these guys for cap space or more 2nd rounders.
    Dotson- He'll probably be part of any trades as a sweetener.
    How is it that you feel Trey is better as a 6th man when he's been the best point guard on the team? I seriously can't understand some of you guys who feel Burke is better as a bench player when he is clearly far and away our best passer and scorer at the guard position. Not to mention his defense was much improved as the year continued.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    How is it that you feel Trey is better as a 6th man when he's been the best point guard on the team? I seriously can't understand some of you guys who feel Burke is better as a bench player when he is clearly far and away our best passer and scorer at the guard position. Not to mention his defense was much improved as the year continued.
    because of Frank's potential. I think there is no question Frank is way better defensively than Trey? And if he could get a little better on offense even if he would only average 13-14ppg a game then it would already be huge for the team considering what he brings on defense. And I'm not saying Trey is no good, the dude can ball, but I see him more effective as a score first point guard, someone who you can unleash off the bench like a lou williams and be the focal point of tge second unit, I don't think there is anyghing wrong with that.

-I now baptized you as Porzingod.

lets just hope that the knicks pick in 2019 is a lottery pick and that we develop our core right now. LET KP HEAL!

I am personally hopeful that we do not draft Bridges, I watched him over the season and I personally think he looks like a udonis haslem at best.
    That said, I feel like Sexton is a guy who (depending on the coach) will either realize that he is better at pg than Frank and start him later in the season.

What we need to do with Frank is train him to act as a Jamal Crawford type player, where he can handle pg but becomes our sg for the future.

But anyway, I am actually just pissed off that Dotson and co. beat the Cavs in that last game (good for moral) BAD FOR OUR PICK!!! which is what Galloway did a few seasons ago...stupid coaching. WE could have jumped to the 7th seed for our lotto pick but NOOOO we had to be all freakin tuff and let some dude who wont even be in the league in 2 years have a couple of good games.

oi

what a **** show...

Hire Fitz
    Rest KP
    Develop Core
    keep Kanter, Beasley
    ONCE A KNICK ALWAYS A KNICK ALLSTAR 2013@KnicksBrooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Trey is not a starting PG, TBH I dont think he's even good enough to be a 6th man.

His mid range shot started coming back down to earth the last month, and what we saw was a guy taking 14 shots to score 15ppg in 34mpg on heavy usage. Simply put, that's not good. Derrick Rose did much better than that for us and everyone wanted him gone.

And I think that will only get worse next year when there is more pressure and we aren't just playing out the string. I look at Burke as a 3rd PG, anything more he gives us next year would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Trey is not a starting PG, TBH I dont think he's even good enough to be a 6th man.

His mid range shot started coming back down to earth the last month, and what we saw was a guy taking 14 shots to score 15ppg in 34mpg on heavy usage. Simply put, that's not good. Derrick Rose did much better than that for us and everyone wanted him gone.

And I think that will only get worse next year when there is more pressure and we aren't just playing out the string. I look at Burke as a 3rd PG, anything more he gives us next year would be a bonus.
    So now we judge a guy by his last 5 games and discard the rest?

And lets talk about his last 5 which we know he can play better, at times he was simply defaulting to others, at times he was exhausted because Mudiay was hurt and Frank was in foul trouble and one game fouled out.

He was actually if you truly watched trying to get the G-league players involved.

But he took 13 shots to score 14.2 in games we all know was probably his low. But in those 5 games he averaged 6.6 assists on 1.8 TO's which is very good but again his lows and played good perimeter defense and got 1 steal a game.

And on top of that his assists should have been so much higher because of all the missed shots by Frank and Timmy and Kornet and Lance etc etc etc.......you put him on other teams with shooters he would average in the top 5 in assists, no joke.

I would love to see him as a off the bench player but right now on this roster he is and no question the starter.
    If he comes off the bench then we have something going on at PG we will all be very happy with.

And Frank today is not the answer at Starting PG although some of you want him to be. let him earn it! Trey earned it, now someone has to take it from him.

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    because of Frank's potential. I think there is no question Frank is way better defensively than Trey? And if he could get a little better on offense even if he would only average 13-14ppg a game then it would already be huge for the team considering what he brings on defense. And I'm not saying Trey is no good, the dude can ball, but I see him more effective as a score first point guard, someone who you can unleash off the bench like a lou williams and be the focal point of tge second unit, I don't think there is anyghing wrong with that.
    I see Trey as the guard that makes the offense make sense...idk just me

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Didn't even catch this????? You kidding me? Wow, just wow............

You should listen to the ESPN guys and the NBA channel, they finally have something nice to say about the Knicks and its all about Trey............. "The one bright spot" And then Pierce and McGrady both said that no other Knick came close to doing what Trey did at the point guard spot and he's a keeper and McGrady said he's my starting PG next season if I'm the Knicks.

42/12, 26/8, 26/6, 18/15, 19/9, 18/6, 15/9, 18/11...................how many of those games did anyone not named Trey have? In how many games when he actually got minutes?

Yep his name is not Frank and he's so old at 25 years old? He's too small? AI was too small also I guess I think he won MVP.

what would anyone not named Frank have to do for some in this forum, I'm being serious, WTF, it gets on the line of ridiculous.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast