Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(10-2) Boston Red Sox Versus Baltimore Orioles (5-8)

Game 1: Friday, April 13, 7:10 PM ET , Fenway Park
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eduardo Rodriguez:

Rodriguez had an uneven debut in his return from the disabled list, allowing five hits and three runs over 3 2/3 innings. The lefty struck out seven. Lifetime against the Orioles, he is 3-5 with a 4.67 ERA.

Chris Tillman:

Tillman, who is looking for his first win since last May, starts for the third time this season. Tillman, who allowed nine runs on 15 hits in 5 2/3 innings in his first two starts, is 10-4 with a 3.03 ERA in 21 career starts against the Red Sox.

Game 2: Saturday, April 14, 1:05 PM ET , Fenway Park
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hector Velazquez:

The righty makes his first start since April 1, when he beat the Rays by giving up just one run over 5 2/3 innings. He has pitched twice in the bullpen since that start.

Alex Cobb: Cobb makes his Orioles debut in one of his favorite parks to pitch. Cobb, who signed a four-year contract worth $57 million on March 21, has a 5-1 record with a 3.15 ERA in seven starts at Fenway Park.

Game 3: Sunday, April 15, 1:05 PM ET , Fenway Park
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Sale: The Sox's ace is off to a fantastic start, allowing two runs over 17 innings. He has 23 strikeouts and just three walks. Sale faces the Orioles in this one, a team he is 5-2 with a 2.65 ERA against in eight career starts.

Dylan Bundy: Bundy, who is looking for his first win of the season, starts for the fourth time in 2018. Bundy, who was the Orioles' Opening Day starter, is 2-1 with a 3.57 ERA in six career appearances (three starts) at Fenway Park.

Game: 4: Monday, April 16, 11:05 AM ET , Fenway Park

Brian Johnson: The lefty makes his first start since April 2, when he beat the Marlins by allowing one run over six innings. Johnson has pitched three times in the bullpen since then. This is Johnson’s fourth career start at Fenway.

Andrew Cashner: In his fourth outing of 2018, Cashner will make his second career start at Fenway Park. The 31-year-old right-hander, who has pitched most of his career in the National League, allowed five runs in five innings last season in Boston for the Rangers.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think GM 4 will be postponed due to the Heavy Rain. Realistic I see winning 2/3. I can see a sweep if E-Rod is back on his game

Price, who said he’s experienced a similar sensation in the past and it hasn’t been a long-lasting problem, now is scheduled to start Tuesday on the road against the Los Angeles Angels.

“I told (manager Alex Cora) that I was fine for Monday or I could come back on Saturday or Sunday, go sit in the ’pen if needed,” Price said. “I told him I’d go out there any one. He thought Tuesday would be better weather-wise. Monday looks really bad right now, so Tuesday is what he went with.”

Wednesday’s exit was more a matter of Price not being able to warm up when the temperature for first pitch was 42 degrees.

“I talked to the doctors (Wednesday) night,” Price said. “They talked about a couple different things that we could try. It’s something I’ve always had, even whenever I was a little kid. My hands and my feet are two things that are always cold. Whenever it’s cold outside, it intensifies that.”

There are no plans for Price to have an MRI.

Cora also made it clear that Price didn’t take himself out of Wednesday’s game, but the team made the decision.

“You could see it was uncomfortable,” Cora said. “We talk about the weather and him not feeling the ball, you could see with the location of the pitches, he was off so I don’t know. The good thing is that he played catch today and he feels good.”

Hector Velazquez will start Saturday’s game against the Baltimore Orioles and Brian Johnson will start Monday for the annual Patriots Day game.
    Boston Herald

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    I think GM 4 will be postponed due to the Heavy Rain. Realistic I see winning 2/3. I can see a sweep if E-Rod is back on his game
    Cobb vs Velazquez is certainly not an inspiring matchup. Best chance there is Cobb being a little rusty given the length of his offseason. Also a little concerned about Johnson vs Cashner because of Johnson's extended time in the BP. Could be a BP game if they get to it.

Great win, ERod solid.....wish this forum was alive like it used to be. :/

Same, I used to peak in a lot more a few years back when the activity was off the charts

Official Edmunds/Vea Crew

I think that we're going to see ERod's start as somewhat pivotal to the season when we look back. I don't want to make too much of it but if the issue that chased Price from his last start was more than an inability to get warm or pitch in cold weather then ERod fulfilling his promise with some consistency will be vital to filling the void.

Another injury bug.

Mookie Betts was removed from Saturday's game against the Orioles with a possible leg injury.
    No word from the team yet on exactly what the injury is, but Betts came up liming after sliding into catcher Chance Sisco while scoring the game's first run in the opening inning. He was able to remain in the game for another couple of innings, and even took his next at-bat, but was lifted for a defensive replacement after the third inning. Look for the Red Sox to provide an update on his status shortly.
    Source: Roch Kubatko

I know it's early but having Cora as manager and new coaches have really made a huge impact on the Sox. Sox Win will go 12-2. Same team as last year with exception of JD. But like I said new coaches. I really like it!

Farrell was awful, and that it isn't hindsight thinking... I hated him.

This team is great and JD Martinez with a healthy Hanley, and the depth of Moreland, Swihart, Holt, Nunez, and even Lin to an extent is huge.

This team is built to take a decent amount of attrition and still be productive... I mean see their record now without Wright/Bogaerts/Pedroia/ and Pomeranz.

Thornburg hitting high 90s is a good sign, he should help the bullpen quite a bit
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post

This team is great and JD Martinez with a healthy Hanley, and the depth of Moreland, Swihart, Holt, Nunez, and even Lin to an extent is huge.

This team is built to take a decent amount of attrition and still be productive... I mean see their record now without Wright/Bogaerts/Pedroia/ and Pomeranz.

Thornburg hitting high 90s is a good sign, he should help the bullpen quite a bit
    +1. Can't wait till May when everyone is healthy. Going to be a fun team to watch!

I don’t want to be a jinx by any means but looking at our schedule thru may 31st I could see this team easily having 45-50 wins by June 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    I don’t want to be a jinx by any means but looking at our schedule thru may 31st I could see this team easily having 45-50 wins by June 1st
    We have an easy schedule in my opinion. If everyone comes back healthy and pitching gets better with E-Rod, Price, Porcello, Pom we can easily hit 90+ wins. This is a team that doesn't want to give up and fingers crossed it continues.

ehhh people being way to reactionary the other way now. Its been 14 games, Happy with the results but lets simmer down a bit here
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Nice win today, this team finds a way

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    I know it's early but having Cora as manager and new coaches have really made a huge impact on the Sox. Sox Win will go 12-2. Same team as last year with exception of JD. But like I said new coaches. I really like it!
    I think that Cora has changed the clubhouse atmosphere quite a bit. The team seems a lot looser. They actually seem like they enjoy playing the game. His commitment to keeping guys fresh should help as the grind wears on, too.

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I was hoping Farrell's very clear "these are the expectations" approach was going to help a clubhouse that seemed to lose its sense of accountability. Unfortunately, he came across more like the high school principal than an invested parent. Absolutely zero connection to the players or the fan base. He'd have been gone after 2016 had Cherrington not hit triple 7s on the FA class of 2012-13. Glad he's gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast