Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

WCQF: [4] Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Utah Jazz [5] | Series tied 1-1

VS.

All games in EST

Game 1 in Oklahoma City: Thunder 116, Jazz 108

Game 2 in Oklahoma City: Wednesday, April 18, 8 p.m. ET, NBA TV

Game 3 in Utah: Saturday, April 21, 10 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4 in Utah: Monday, April 23, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Oklahoma City: TBA (if necessary)

Game 6 in Utah: TBA (if necessary)

Game 7 in Oklahoma City: TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Rudy Gobert
    PF: Derrick Favors
    SF: Joe Ingles
    SG: Donovan Mitchell
    PG: Ricky Rubio

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Steven Adams
    PF: Carmelo Anthony
    SF: Paul George
    SG: Corey Brewer
    PG: Russell Westbrook

Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City

Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City

Last edited by kdspurman; Yesterday at 12:39 PM.

4-2 OKC. Donovan is still too young and I think we'll be able to force him to take bad shots. He's not an elite offensive scorer yet so I would stick PG on him and make things more difficult.

As long as we keep Donovan from scoring and force his teammates to score, we should be fine. I really hate Gobert here, though. We are one of the worst shooting teams and have no one to space the paint. Adams will need to neutralize Gobert the best way he can.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    4-2 OKC. Donovan is still too young and I think we'll be able to force him to take bad shots. He's not an elite offensive scorer yet so I would stick PG on him and make things more difficult.

As long as we keep Donovan from scoring and force his teammates to score, we should be fine. I really hate Gobert here, though. We are one of the worst shooting teams and have no one to space the paint. Adams will need to neutralize Gobert the best way he can.
    I agree OKC in 6. I expect PG to have a big series and step up.

We'll see if young Wade can live up to the hype of the playoffs. I think he will
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

I think because 2 of the 3 aren't dependent on going to the rim (PG and Melo), they can game plan around staying away from the paint and Gobert. Or manipulate ways to decrease his defensive effectiveness.

Need to see more of Donovan, but as a rookie and first timer I would be surprised if he plays as good as he did in the regular season.

Thunder in 6

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I think because 2 of the 3 aren't dependent on going to the rim (PG and Melo), they can game plan around staying away from the paint and Gobert. Or manipulate ways to decrease his defensive effectiveness.

Need to see more of Donovan, but as a rookie and first timer I would be surprised if he plays as good as he did in the regular season.
    I'm more-so worried about Russ. Gobert can neutralize a lot of Russ's impact just by sitting in the paint. We've had lots of issues in the past where Russ just chucks up terrible shots because he stops attacking the paint. We should be running more plays with PG in this series, IMO, and have Russ play more off-ball. Melo has been absolutely trash this season.. Like, I would be surprised if this guy starts on a team next season. He's a terrible volume scorer who is inefficient and doesn't do anything else. I hope he opts out. I don't want to see him again.

This is a bad matchup for us. But the homer in me says Utah in 7. Rubio certainly won't stop Westbrook but he can be pesky enough to bother him and hopefully get him into some of those bad shooting performances.

I think the biggest thing is who the hell we get to guard PG?? I'm guessing Ingles. He's a smart defender but I wonder if he's athletic enough to keep up with him all series....gonna have to be a group effort on him. I personally feel like we need to **** Melo up in the post with Favors. Whoever he's guarding needs to be constantly involved. Make that guy do something he hates, play defense as much as possible. We did the same thing against Crawford in the first round last year.

I think Utah's backcourt will get picked on and exposed. Rubio has never been in the playoffs and will be schemed against. He'll also have his hands full with Westbrook.

Mitchell's inexperience will show.

On the flip side, Utah depends on Gobert to win the battle in the paint and OKC has the perfect guy to make that hard on him in Adams.

Playoffs is Paul George season. Nevermind the struggles before - PG13 is about to show why he has the reputation he has. His game will step up and he'll be able to score and create plays against suffocating defense.

I picked Thunder in 6 but I really think it might be 5 instead.

OKC in 4

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This will be the closest series of the 1st round with Utah taking it in 7.

Oklahoma City underachieved in the regular season, but they've made it to the playoffs and this is what they have been built for. They have the stars, they have experience, they are a top 10 team in both offense and defense. I can't see them losing this series, and I think the series will go six games.

I'm really envious of Utah because I badly wanted my Heat to select Donovan Mitchell with the #14 pick in the 2017 NBA draft. Sadly for me, and to their great fortune, the Jazz scooped him up at #13 (although I can't complain too much because Adebayo looks really good). The Jazz have the potential to make noise in the playoffs, but I just find this to be Thunder's series to lose. Even with Spider Mitchell and Rudy Gobert, the Thunder have the two best players in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I'm more-so worried about Russ. Gobert can neutralize a lot of Russ's impact just by sitting in the paint. We've had lots of issues in the past where Russ just chucks up terrible shots because he stops attacking the paint. We should be running more plays with PG in this series, IMO, and have Russ play more off-ball. Melo has been absolutely trash this season.. Like, I would be surprised if this guy starts on a team next season. He's a terrible volume scorer who is inefficient and doesn't do anything else. I hope he opts out. I don't want to see him again.
    If he can blow up for 2 games, PG for 2 and Melo for 2, I like the Math. That gives them like 3 games with 2 of the guys blowing up. If they can add 1-2 or two good games each, I think that should be enough to counter a heavy defensive team with a rookie that is the offensive focal point. I also like Adams and these junk yard tyoe of guys for the playoffs. Biz helped Toronto with that style for one run. As much flack as TT has been getting, for the most part he is helpful and useful for the Cavs in the playoffs, yeah he did struggle last year.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    This will be the closest series of the 1st round with Utah taking it in 7.
    I agree but I got OKC at home in game 7.

MELO, MELO, MELO.....WERE ARE YOU???

I don't think its set in yet, that Melo is on a playoff team....got two all stars along side him. Reining MVP RW on his team now. Time is running out on Melo's legacy...they can make a run in these playoffs if Melo shows up.

(4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs. (5) Utah Jazz

Game 1: Sun. April 15 Utah at Oklahoma City, 6:30 p.m., TNT

Game 2: Wed. April 18 Utah at Oklahoma City, 8 p.m., NBA TV

Game 3: Sat. April 21 Oklahoma City at Utah, 10 p.m., ESPN

Game 4: Mon. April 23 Oklahoma City at Utah, 10:30 p.m., TNT

Game 5: Wed. April 25 Utah at Oklahoma City, TBD
    Game 6: Fri. April 27 Oklahoma City at Utah, TBD
    Game 7: Sun. April 29 Utah at Oklahoma City, TBD*

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast