• Heat in 5

1 2.94%
  • Heat in 6

7 20.59%
  • Heat in 7

1 2.94%
Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    its not like Simmons and Embiid and the rest are gonna magically forgot how to play ball. I dont care how many teams have more experience thats doesnt mean they can all of the sudden stop Embiid bcuz he hasnt been here before. Even without the big guy we open as 6.5 faves thats pretty telling if you ask me.
    It's fine for you to not understand, you haven't been in the playoffs for awhile so you may have forgot the differences but things slow down, schemes are much more in depth, and guys either fold or flourish under the pressure. You all may have the best player but Whiteside dominated him last game so I'll be interested to see how that goes. If playoff Wade returns this year you all have no one that can battle him down the stretch of a close game as he showed the last time they played. Playoffs are a lot different
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    its not like Simmons and Embiid and the rest are gonna magically forgot how to play ball. I dont care how many teams have more experience thats doesnt mean they can all of the sudden stop Embiid bcuz he hasnt been here before. Even without the big guy we open as 6.5 faves thats pretty telling if you ask me.
    Pressure is a killer. Dudes be getting sweaty just thinking of that playoff spotlight.

Sometimes it has less to do with what opposing teams can do and more to do with your own players.

Maybe Simmons plays near the level he has in the regular season. Embiid seems like the type that wouldn't rattle easy. What about Covington? What about Belinelli (who has been ridiculously lights out to end the season), and Redick who has also been lights out? Redick has a TERRIBLE playoff career so far. He bricks shots left and right.

Maybe that changes for Philly and you guys ride that momentum to the finals. Or maybe guys succumb to it - hard to say. But don't underestimate just how different the playoffs are and what kind of effect it can have on your players.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Hey man. When the Sixers are up 25 in the 3rd quarter on Saturday, the crowd is rocking, the Sixers’ 3PT barrage onslaught has no end in sight, and the Heat players are looking at each other helplessly, confused and gasping for breath as the Sixers run laps around them like a light morning practice...

Heat fans can maintain confidence because Goran Dragic and James Johnson are savvy experienced vets who have “been there” before. And they can cling their hopes on old man Wade dialing back the clock six years because he’s a proven champion and “knows what it takes.” They’ll show us!
    Oh man, you guys are cocky as hell for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in a long time. Wade already busted that *** this year, he'll do it again. If you're up 25 in the 3rd then good for you, in the end it'll be 1 loss. I watch a Heat vs Hawks series back in 08-09 where the Heat would win by 20 then the Hawks would win the next one by 20. Adjustments and schemes are on a whole new level in the playoffs. Simmons is going to struggle with no jumpshot and someone like James Johnson guarding him.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Usually the biggest gripe from fans of teams that lose in the playoffs is:

"man we missed so many wide open shots"

You can look up and down playoff game threads and see that.

"man we missed so many wide open shots, and had more turnovers than normal"

Over and over. It's crazy, heh. Playoff pressure is real.

Philly is the #1 team I'm curious about in these playoffs, and I only hope Embiid returns healthy soon. Their ceiling is very high. IMO, they will get better and better and if they're in the ECF, WATCH OUT. They'll likely be a contender.

Oh! And the foul calls... refs swallow that whistle more. That's why a team like Miami who plays rough with grit could make it difficult.

This will be a fun series to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Oh man, you guys are cocky as hell for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in a long time. Wade already busted that *** this year, he'll do it again. If you're up 25 in the 3rd then good for you, in the end it'll be 1 loss. I watch a Heat vs Hawks series back in 08-09 where the Heat would win by 20 then the Hawks would win the next one by 20. Adjustments and schemes are on a whole new level in the playoffs. Simmons is going to struggle with no jumpshot and someone like James Johnson guarding him.
    Haha. I’m just busting some chops today. That’s all. Excited for this series!

Haha. I’m just busting some chops today. That’s all. Excited for this series!
    Bust his chops!

Sixers will sweep Miami so bad this year that Wade will forego retirement to join LeBron in Philly next year! And Wade03 will create a new account called PhillyWade03.

Haha, playoffs experience matters... There are probably less than a handful amount of NBA superstars who play better in the playoffs vs regular season. And we're talking about short sample sizes vs teams that could be great matchups for them. Playoffs is just a different subject. Everyone starts off 0-0 and teams can start prepping for that ONE particular player or team instead of worrying about back-to-backs, etc., There's just more strategy involved. I think Sixers will do well but it's impossible to evaluate a young team heading to the playoffs for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Bust his chops!

Sixers will sweep Miami so bad this year that Wade will forego retirement to join LeBron in Philly next year! And Wade03 will create a new account called PhillyWade03.
    Haha that would be a fun *** team to watch!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

I think we will win in 7... i worry about once our shooting goes cold like it has and the transition from this run and gun style to bringing embiid back the 2nd game..... the heat play great defense and they have damn good players... I hate wade and think he is washed but playoff wade is a thing lol.

Sixers seem like everyone's favorite team to get upset. The Heat are the playoff team I watch the least so I might be missing something, but I like Philly

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Sixers seem like everyone's favorite team to get upset. The Heat are the playoff team I watch the least so I might be missing something, but I like Philly
    Its mostly the lack of exp from simmons/fultz

The heats defense

Embiid missing the first game and then him coming back the 2nd game and messing with the current flow

Simmons free throw shooting.. I think that will be a major major issue in the playoffs late in games.

I think we win but its going to be a long series.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Hey man. When the Sixers are up 25 in the 3rd quarter on Saturday, the crowd is rocking, the Sixers’ 3PT barrage onslaught has no end in sight, and the Heat players are looking at each other helplessly, confused and gasping for breath as the Sixers run laps around them like a light morning practice...

Heat fans can maintain confidence because Goran Dragic and James Johnson are savvy experienced vets who have “been there” before. And they can cling their hopes on old man Wade dialing back the clock six years because he’s a proven champion and “knows what it takes.” They’ll show us!
    Dragic is great because he's consistent and Wade will have a game here and there, that's a given. Whiteside has been known to check out, but he seems to get up for the Sixers because his back and forth with Embiid. What I'm actually more interested in seeing is what Richardson and Adebayo will do, as well as Winslow who seems to be turning a corner of sorts since Wade's arrival (finally, I'm one of Winslow's biggest critics).

The playoffs are slower and because it's a series it's really about adjustments from game to game. I have confidence in the coaching staff for that.

My dad always had this thing about playoffs and pressure situations with young guys:

Sometimes they are too young and stupid to understand what the pressure on them is.

I personally buy into that a little bit. I also think that the Sixers are 'playing with house money' so to speak. Outside the fandom (and team), most thought a 41-41 year would be great. We won 52. Outside the fandom (and team), most thought pushing for the 8 seed would be great. We got the 3.

I think in a way they got past what the expectations were, so at this point they don't feel the pressure because they got past what people thought was going to be the peak.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    My dad always had this thing about playoffs and pressure situations with young guys:

Sometimes they are too young and stupid to understand what the pressure on them is.

I personally buy into that a little bit. I also think that the Sixers are 'playing with house money' so to speak. Outside the fandom (and team), most thought a 41-41 year would be great. We won 52. Outside the fandom (and team), most thought pushing for the 8 seed would be great. We got the 3.

I think in a way they got past what the expectations were, so at this point they don't feel the pressure because they got past what people thought was going to be the peak.
    To be fair, I think a lot of expectations for them were rightfully bearish due to our skepticism of them staying healthy. Personally, I thought they would fight for HCA if healthy. I think if people knew they would get an average of 75 games played between Embiid/Simmons/Cov/Redick/Saric (all the starters), 45+ would be expected. At this point, we'll see how hungry they are, and how smart they execute down the stretch. Simmons + Fultz struggles at the line will play a factor and they'll probably lose a big game or two because of it, but they have the most talent in the East currently. They should not take this opportunity of a crippled Boston squad for granted, because they will be a force going forward.

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast