Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Jarvis Landry gets 5 YR 75.5 million (47 Guaranteed) -- Rank Top WRs

Browns signed Jarvis Landry to a five-year, $75.5 million extension through 2023.

ESPN's Josina Anderson was the first to report the impending deal. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the contract includes $47 million guaranteed, and Landry is now the fifth-highest paid receiver in the league based on average salary. It is a shocking price to pay for a volume-based player who never elevated Miami's passing attack past mediocre, but Landry at worst can be a reliable safety blanket for whichever quarterback Cleveland selects with the No. 1 overall pick.
    -Rotoworld

Mike Evans - 55 million guaranteed
    DeAndre Hopkins - 49 million guaranteed
    Julio Jones - 47 million guaranteed

Where does he rank within the WR position? Is he the best slot WR? Give a top 5 of both

Wow. Thats something. Not a top 5 IMO. Rather have Brown, OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Julio, Allen (LAC). About 5-6 other before I think about Landry.

Heck Id put Landry in the same tier as Edelman and Tate.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Heck Id put Landry in the same tier as Edelman and Tate.
    Thats just not correct at all. Landry is much better then those guys beyond the stats. Landry is productive on the field (with ehh Qb's). He draws a lot of attention from the defense. also guys around the NFL really like him so he could help recruit in the future. Also very durable.

But he is def overpaid. I believe every player is lol. But this is where the league is going. Landry would've got this deal from somebody. so yes this is too much money, but hes a good player and im glad Browns are finally doing something. They didn't trade everything they did for a 1 year rental.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

You gotta take his production with a grain of salt considering how much they force fed him the ball. He plays the slot but he's a lot more physical than your average slot receiver. The Browns don't exactly attract free agents and they have money to burn so this is still a fine signing for them.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

We got the money. Why not lock down a young, borderline elite WR? We traded for him so let's go ahead and get him locked in.

Once we get some wins, I think players will be more likely to listen to us in free agency.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    We got the money. Why not lock down a young, borderline elite WR? We traded for him so let's go ahead and get him locked in.

Once we get some wins, I think players will be more likely to listen to us in free agency.
    I wouldn't say he's a borderline elite WR

People wonder why we didn't sign him lol. He wanted 15M and 50M guaranteed from us, somehow did get close to that from the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    I wouldn't say he's a borderline elite WR
    I'd argue he's a top 10 WR. Considering the amount of wide receivers in the NFL, if that ain't borderline elite I don't know what is.
    The Baker is coming.

Top 10? Nah.

That Alshon Jeffrey in-season extension just keeps looking better.

Crazy money for a slot guy who is the ultimate short catch guy. Miami would basically force the ball to him for 3-4 yards all game and all other receivers were rendered useless. Very frustrating for any offense. As a Phins fan, I'm glad we basically got a late 3rd rounder instead of losing him for nothing, but FWIW he should win the Browns a few games next year.

Interesting to see him with another team and see if his role changes a bit from all the short yardage in Miami but really a lot of teams can't invest that sort of money in one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Top 10? Nah.

I don't disagree, but he is also 3-4 yrs older than Landry
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Top 10? Nah.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I'd argue he's a top 10 WR. Considering the amount of wide receivers in the NFL, if that ain't borderline elite I don't know what is.
    Definitely not top 10 imo

400 receptions, 4000 yards in 4 seasons.

Yep,elite. So pay the man.

More productive than Antonio Brown in his first 4 seasons. Close however.
    Last edited by Emerson Perriot; 04-12-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast