Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Playoff Thread

Players executed and the game plan worked. Rockets take 50% of their shots from 3. So Quinn just guards the 3 point line and almost allows guys to run to the rim if they want. A few times it looks like a blow bye, but most of the time it worked. Coach Quinn is just awesome.

The pick and roll with Capella is hard to stop. Harden is such a smart player he really sets guys up with easy buckets when Rudy helps.

I just don't like Chris Paul. We had to put up with his shenanigans last year. There was a series of plays when they were down where he instigated all the contact but got to the line several times in a row. Harden and Paul have mastered how to get to the line off of what I would call non basketball plays. Jumping into guys and taking a jump shot that begins with your arm swinging down and over is only an attempt to get to the line. Our guys fell for it a few times but we will need to be aware it could be coming at any time.

I'm sure Snyder will be going over this with all the guards today and tomorrow. Our whole gameplan is predicated on those 2 being guarded to the best of our ability. Please Rubio be healthy for game 4 (he'll miss game 3).

i'm just waiting for the fisticuffs to start. i think it was game 2 or 3 vs okc when they really got pissy and played dirty. paul's a thug, and with harden's flopping, i'm pretty sure we can expect a few double t's and/or ejections in slc.

i'm completely rapt with this team. it's a bit rickety, full of scraps and other teams' castaways, yet we keep finding ways to win. spida's meteoric rise has been well documented, and i agree with everything out there about him, but i don't think enough could be said about snyder's system. dude's a freaking genius. he's not undervalued or overrated in here, but damn... don't think we'd be where we are if any of the other candidates we interviewed with coach q got the job.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 05-03-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

man we got wrecked last night. the game was never even close.

When a team that talented gets that hot they will beat anyone. Between talent and playoff experience we are truly outmatched. Rubio would really help too. But this series is more about seeing where we are against the NBA elite than winning. We are a top 4 team in the loaded West.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234