Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Oladipo is the better player. I don't think it's all that debatable TBH.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    This.

If we lose Lavine, that's a huge loss for us. We didn't trade for him to get a few games out of him and then lose him. Plus that's a gaping hole in our line-up and hopefully a great core piece. With his athleticism and shooting the sky's the limit for him.

Oladipo didn't look that great the last couple of years, now he's "clearly better" than Lavine. The games I saw, he gets to the rim almost at will. Don't want to sign him at max, but would over losing him for nothing, if nothing else he'll be a great trade piece later. Olidipo got OKC Paul George on a widely considered over paid contract.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    If we lose Lavine, that's a huge loss for us. We didn't trade for him to get a few games out of him and then lose him. Plus that's a gaping hole in our line-up and hopefully a great core piece. With his athleticism and shooting the sky's the limit for him.

Oladipo didn't look that great the last couple of years, now he's "clearly better" than Lavine. The games I saw, he gets to the rim almost at will. Don't want to sign him at max, but would over losing him for nothing, if nothing else he'll be a great trade piece later. Olidipo got OKC Paul George on a widely considered over paid contract.
    Agreed. Canít lose LaVine and with this young roster they could overpay if they have to.

Lavine hasnít earned a Max. We are in a position to pay him big for 2 years b4 Dunnís extension is ready. It would be beneficial to him and us if he signs a 2 year with a 3rd year option. That way we can restructure things for him and Dunn and look into Free Agency. Matching a 4 year Max deal, and then he gets hurt or never becomes who we need him to become is to big a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Lavine hasnít earned a Max. We are in a position to pay him big for 2 years b4 Dunnís extension is ready. It would be beneficial to him and us if he signs a 2 year with a 3rd year option. That way we can restructure things for him and Dunn and look into Free Agency. Matching a 4 year Max deal, and then he gets hurt or never becomes who we need him to become is to big a risk.
    The 1st part of what you said doesn't match the 2nd part. It wouldn't be in his best interest to take a 2 year deal. He gets hurt then what? He looks dumb. We are in a position that if he gets the max from another team, we have to match.

It doesnít match from a selfish stand point. He hasnít earned a max contract. If a team wants to take that risk let them. Just like I wouldnít pay a max to Jabari.

It doesnít match from a selfish stand point. He hasnít earned a max contract. If a team wants to take that risk let them. Just like I wouldnít pay a max to Jabari.
    Lol now its selfish for a grown man to make as much money as he can?

Milwaukee are in the same position. You can't afford to let guys walk. Would it be nice for them both to settle for the good of the team? Sure. But you shouldn't be mad that they take what's given to them. We can't afford to let him go. He was the center of the trade. Imagine letting him go and he puts up 25,5, and 5. All because you were scared of spending money when you had plenty of cap while rebuilding.

That's why guys like Portia, Valentine, Payne should be traded so you aren't damaging your cap with role players.

Hell I've made it known that I'm not a believer in Lavine but I also understand the situation we are in.

I agree as an adult you look to get paid, of course heíd take a max if offered. It would take an idiotic team to offer that to Lavine and even more so Parker. I disagree on the Bucks having to sign Parker to an extension as well. If Lavine isnít offered a max though, it would be in his best interest to go shorter term with the Bulls, because it wouldnít hurt us to give him the maximum he could get for 2 years. It also gives him a lot of money and the ability to show that heís worth a long time max, and if he plays well he will get paid handsomely. Bet on himself like Butler did!

Few players deserve the max but (seemingly) most young players get one anyway. With LaVines youth, upside, and athleticism and being a main cog in the Jimmy trade, the Bulls canít or really shouldnít lose him. They donít have any big contracts on the books and they need to keep their young talent during their rebuild. I donít see the upside in losing LaVine for nothing. Ideally I would prefer a 2-3 year deal but if LaVine gets offered more than that I believe you have to pay him.

Like Pax said, the market will dictate it. Everyone also though Niko was going to get 20+ million last year and we played the market and won. The same will happen with Lavine. Whether we win or not is to be seen.

Like Pax said, the market will dictate it. Everyone also though Niko was going to get 20+ million last year and we played the market and won. The same will happen with Lavine. Whether we win or not is to be seen.
    There's only a handful of teams with max cap space this summer and I doubt any of them want to use it on Zach LaVine.

I agree in the sense that he's probably coming back for less than the max. Teams aren't as quick to hand out these crippling deals anymore and the cap has started to flatten out as well.

There's only a handful of teams with max cap space this summer and I doubt any of them want to use it on Zach LaVine.

I agree in the sense that he's probably coming back for less than the max. Teams aren't as quick to hand out these crippling deals anymore and the cap has started to flatten out as well.

So if teams don't want to throw max money at him for 4 years, then wouldn't he be better served taking max money for 2 years and a 3rd year option with us? It wouldn't be smart on the Bulls end to sign him to a 5 year max deal without seeing him perform well for an extended period of time. On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt us to give him whatever he wants over the next 2 years because we have it to spend, and we aren't likely to try and lure any big FA's until 2019/20 or 2020/21 anyways.

It would be a good faith contract. We overpay you for 2 years because we can afford to without crippling our future flexibility. In turn you prove that you are worth every penny of it, and you will get a big big extension with us. It's a low risk bet on himself because he's still making 50-75 million dollars over 2-3 years, rather then signing an 18-20 million 4 year deal elsewhere and making 80 million over 4.

This is kind of the point I'm getting at when I say he would be better off taking a shorter deal for more per year.

So if teams don't want to throw max money at him for 4 years, then wouldn't he be better served taking max money for 2 years and a 3rd year option with us? It wouldn't be smart on the Bulls end to sign him to a 5 year max deal without seeing him perform well for an extended period of time. On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt us to give him whatever he wants over the next 2 years because we have it to spend, and we aren't likely to try and lure any big FA's until 2019/20 or 2020/21 anyways.

It would be a good faith contract. We overpay you for 2 years because we can afford to without crippling our future flexibility. In turn you prove that you are worth every penny of it, and you will get a big big extension with us. It's a low risk bet on himself because he's still making 50-75 million dollars over 2-3 years, rather then signing an 18-20 million 4 year deal elsewhere and making 80 million over 4.
    Yes, I'd much rather overpay for 1-2 years than 4-5 even if AAV is less.

Yes, I'd much rather overpay for 1-2 years than 4-5 even if AAV is less.

I think the teams with cap space for a max are:

Lakers(2 possibly)
    Hawks
    Bulls
    Pacers
    Sixers (i believe they have 22 mil so not quite max)
    Kings( 21-23 available)

Out of those teams I highly doubt lakers offer him a deal. I would be worried about the hawks because they wont have any guards to go with collins and possibly JJJ or Bagley or whomever they draft just all depends on if they want to slowly rebuild and truly tank another year or two. Sixers are interesting because he fits a need and age of their current core if they dont get a bigger name but dont have full max. Pacers have oladipo at that position so I dont think they would go for it either but never know.

All that rambling is for this: I dont think a team with Max cap space will offer Lavine a Max because hes a risk and he hasn't been worth it so far. My guess is someone offers him 20-24 mil a year and bulls match. I dont think hes even worth that TBH but then you see horrible contracts like tim hardaway and his 18 mil a year... thanks a lot Knicks

I think hes worth 18 mil a year and I hope he doesnt get more than 4/80

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast